demopublican

Baltimore serial killer Joe Ray Metheney found dead in cell

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4769618/Baltimore-serial-killer-SOLD-victims-BBQ-dies.html

Joseph Roy Metheny (typo in Daily Mail.  Should be Ray), the admitted serial killer who chopped up his victims and sold them as BBQ from a roadside stand in Baltimore in the 1990s, has died. He was 62.

Metheny was found dead in his cell around 3pm on Saturday at the Western Correctional Institution in Cumberland, Maryland, prison officials confirmed. The death is under investigation.

The morbidly obese killer had begged for and received a death sentence in 1998, but it was later overturned on appeal and he was sentenced to two life sentences without parole.

Edited by demopublican

Wow, I don't remember the name or the story.  I guess I was busy with babies back then. 

24 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Wow, I don't remember the name or the story.  I guess I was busy with babies back then. 

I was living in  violetville at the time and my Son was born the week Joe Ray was caught.  I remember all too well.

Heard this on the radio yesterday while driving home. Didn't mention his crimes. Is there a Sun story .??

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Heard this on the radio yesterday while driving home. Didn't mention his crimes. Is there a Sun story .??

I am sure there is but I hit the paywall and linked elsewhere so I could quote. 

Edited by demopublican

44 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Just read something about this case recently .....

Check the sun or post, maybe it was an anniversary......

Demo--

I was just about to post that link.  It didn't say anything about the BBQ, though.

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I was just thinking, "How did I not know about this guy?".  You're probably right....kids.

7 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I was just thinking, "How did I not know about this guy?".  You're probably right....kids.

My wife and I were about to name my son Joseph Raymond the week the story broke.  Obviously that is not his name. 

42 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Demo--

I was just about to post that link.  It didn't say anything about the BBQ, though.

Maybe the Brits trying to sensationalize the story .......

5 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Demo--

http://ihorror.com/the-gruesome-tale-of-joe-metheny-and-his-human-burger-stand/

Now, here’s where it starts to get overly gruesome, and how he became known as “The Cannibal Killer”.

Metheny made claims as to dismembering the corpses and serving the flesh from his victims to paying customers at a beef stand he was running at the time.

Metheny to police: “I cut the meat up and put it in some Tupperware bowls then put it in a freezer. I opened up a little open-pit beef stand. I had real roast beef and pork sandwiches. They were very good. The human body taste was very similar to pork. If you mix it together no one can tell the difference.”

43 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

Hard to say when all that stuff about pitbeef and hamburgers surfaced.  It was not a part of the original story and I can't find a legitimate new story from the US with those quotes.

Either way he was a scum bag and I am glad he is dead 

19 hours ago, demopublican said:

Hard to say when all that stuff about pitbeef and hamburgers surfaced.  It was not a part of the original story and I can't find a legitimate new story from the US with those quotes.

Either way he was a scum bag and I am glad he is dead 

Well he was supposed to be dead long ago ...it was just around the time when the lib/dem goooberment decided that capital punishment was a no no. But if you work the math...it is about the same....he died in a cell after 20 years....and the courts would have taken about that long to 'pull the switch' anyway.

On 8/9/2017 at 2:12 PM, Dystopia said:

Shame, he should have suffered more. It's funny that he begged for the death penalty, got it, and then had it rescinded on appeal. 

As I said if you look at the time line and legal shenanigans and the limp wristed/lib/dem GA's changing the rules that would have never happened......... that is his getting life instead of what he deserved.

Has anyone determined why he was found dead from?