Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROUSEMAN

July 16th Left for Dead

15 posts in this topic

On July 16th, the O's had just got punked by the Cubs 8-0 to fall to 42-49. UJ was horrendous again lasting about 3 innings and the offense had 3 hits.  I was done with this team.  Somehow they are back to .500 and only 1.5 out of the WC.  Can Buck keep pushing the right buttons or will his loyalty to the vets get in the way of who can actually play and get this team to the WC? 

With that being said, pretty gutsy by the team to not quit and actually start playing good baseball.  They seem to have confidence right now they can beat anybody, anywhere.  Big credit to DD for his much maligned deadline deals.  They pumped life into this team.

If they can go 30-20 (.600 baseball) they have a shot.

I don't think they can though...

8 minutes ago, Buford said:

I think 28-22 gets it done.  KC and TB ahead of us.  KC fading and TB meh.  Buck just cant be foolish with the roster here in August.  He already got burned with Tillman on giving a game away.  I'm ok with mixing in Trumbo,  but IMO putting Hardy and Tilly in any meaningful situations will be a disaster.  And then we will have to carry Santander for 15 days to boot on the 25 man.  This is going to be tough.

Buck has already said, when ready, Hardy resumes his rightful place at SS. I suppose we'll just have to appreciate what Beckham does, until Buck relegates him to the bench. 

9 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Buck has already said, when ready, Hardy resumes his rightful place at SS. I suppose we'll just have to appreciate what Beckham does, until Buck relegates him to the bench. 

I know.  Just was ho[ping some sanity would prevail.  Hardy still has a ways to go before being healthy ;).  This is where DD has to get a set of brass ones and slow play that activation from the DL.  Just saying.  And I wonder why Buck thinks its Hardy's rightful spot??  He has played horrible this year.  Buck being stubborn ole Buck.

1 hour ago, Buford said:

I'm thinking they have to go 30-20 too.

Man...I TOLD you all to just wait until after the ASB before jumping to conclusions (and off of bridges).

(No I didn't. I lied.)

;)

15 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Man...I TOLD you all to just wait until after the ASB before jumping to conclusions (and off of bridges).

(No I didn't. I lied.)

;)

There are some real fragile pieces here.  I have no illusions they can pull this off.  Hopeful, but UJ and Miley can fold at any time. Then its good night Irene.  I mean really the odds of them crapping their pants is better than continued good pitching.   Just saying.

2 hours ago, weird-O said:

suuuure:)

If Buck does that,  he's a moron (assuming Beckham keeps producing).

6 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

suuuure:)

If Buck does that,  he's a moron (assuming Beckham keeps producing).

:lol: I hear ya.  I felt same way when he rolled Tilly out there for slaughter.  "His guys" loyalty is maddening at times. His scratch off ticket winner with UJ late  last year and again this year keeps Buck stubborn.  Again you bound to hit sometime when you empty the wallet, :D

24 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

:lol: I hear ya.  I felt same way when he rolled Tilly out there for slaughter.  "His guys" loyalty is maddening at times. His scratch off ticket winner with UJ late  last year and again this year keeps Buck stubborn.  Again you bound to hit sometime when you empty the wallet, :D

I still remember the moment clearly when he left Britton in the pen and then to rub salt in the wound, when we are about to lose and down to our last breathe..he brings in arguably the worst SP in all of baseball...I will never recover from that:)

1 minute ago, dshawg1 said:

I still remember the moment clearly when he left Britton in the pen and then to rub salt in the wound, when we are about to lose and down to our last breathe..he brings in arguably the worst SP in all of baseball...I will never recover from that:)

Yeah Buck keeps saying how great the bullpen was for fixing UJ the last 2 years when referencing Tillman to pen.  :lol:  Uh most times the on field results were a disaster. I think Buck is having selective memory.  Yeah wait till he benches Beckham for Hardy.  That will be a beaut of a thread.

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

There are some real fragile pieces here.  I have no illusions they can pull this off.  Hopeful, but UJ and Miley can fold at any time. Then its good night Irene.  I mean really the odds of them crapping their pants is better than continued good pitching.   Just saying.

I'm just messing with you, since I was one of the ones leading the charge for dumping Britton and accepting the "fact" that this season was over. Now, I still think the O's are weak but it's not a slam dunk impossibility that they're can't squeak into the playoffs. A couple of weeks ago, I thought it was a slam dunk that they were done and there was no way in Hell-ickson that they could make the post season. Well, What The Hell-ickson and Beckham definitely provided a much needed shot in the arm. Tillman is out of the rotation. The roster expands in September. UJ has had some productive, albeit short, outings. And Manny has woken up (at least at the plate; he's still a loaf on the base paths). So who the Hell-ickson knows, man. Maybe Boab knows. I sure don't. (And I wouldn't bet against that sucker. DF is da MAN when it comes to betting. Las Vegas...LOOK OUT. COACH is in da house.)

:D

Pretty amazing what's happened.

I was ready to nail the coffin shut on them back in July. 

Kind of makes you wonder WTH was going on with the pitching and how it improved so drastically.