Calamari

Trump’s Brilliant Solution To Opioid Crisis: Just Tell Youth ‘No Good, Really Bad For You’

107 posts in this topic

trumps-brilliant-solution-to-opioid-crisis-just-tell-youth-no-good-really-bad-for-you-video

The current occupant of the White House has been quiet about his campaign promise to combat the opioid crisis which has swept across the United States. Then he held an ego-rally in West Virginia, one of the states hit hardest by the opioid epidemic. “You have a big problem in West Virginia, and we are going to solve that problem,” Trump told his supporters Thursday night at the rally. He said this in Huntington, West Virginia, in which the city and its surrounding area is estimated by the mayor to have one in 10 residents addicted to opioids.

Finally, Trump stepped up to address this devastating issue while he’s on his 17-day vacation at his luxury golf club in Bedminster, N.J. Trump unleashed his wisdom on the masses as to how to prevent opioid addiction. He said, “Maybe by talking to youth and telling them ‘no good, really bad for you.'”

Well, jinkies, why didn’t anyone ever think of that before? This guy is such a brainiac. He should call this the ‘Just say no’ program and cure the world of drug addiction. Just like that. I mean, who needs Medicaid and access to treatment when you can just tell yourself it’s “no good” then BOOM! You’re cured! Even worse, the amateur president was reading from prepared notes and that was the best he could come up with.

How condescending to his rural voters.

Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Calamari

channeling his inner nancy reagan........solve why humans are prone to addictive behavior and you end the war on drugs

"You have a big problem in West Virginia, and we are going to solve that problem,”  Trump told his supporters

"no good, really bad for you."

It's a wrap.:rolleyes:

His loyal supporters still buying his BS

That's the same talk I was going to have with my kids. If he fries an egg on stage next, I'm out of options.

9 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

channeling his inner nancy reagan........solve why humans are prone to addictive behavior and you end the war on drugs

It's not something you're going to "solve".  Animals the planet over look to get into some form of altered state from time to time.  I imagine that some people simply cannot handle it and become addicted.  There's nothing you're going to solve about that.  And figuring that out isn't going to end the war on drugs anyway because the war on drugs was never about dealing with addiction in the first place.

He is taking a law and order approve to battling the drug problem.

Not because it has worked out well in the past. Far from it. It's simply all his limited mind and damaged sense of masculinity can handle.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

He is taking a law and order approve to battling the drug problem.

Not because it has worked out well in the past. Far from it. It's simply all his limited mind and damaged sense of masculinity can handle.

With the heart of an authoritarian, he and Sessions find inspiratiion from the insane Filipino leader.

Edited by hst2

At least he didn't cite Dwayne Stomp of Black Tooth, kids don't drink & drive, do drugs .......

'The powers of the president will not be questioned'

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering what brilliant solution Obama came up with during eight years in office.  The fact is that there is no easy solution because, in some cases people started out legitimately using pain killers and got hooked and, in others, they simply want to engage in self destructive behavior.  Putting the onus on doctors is not going to work.  People need to ultimately take responsibility.  We should have addiction programs for opioids just like for alcohol or any other substance but the problem is not one that lends itself to an easy solution any more than other addictions do.

Edited by veritas

14 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

Very good.... I thought the same thing.

But what do  you expect from a man-child with the brain of a gerbil. My apologies to all gerbils out there for the slight. :lol:

Sort of reminds me of the guy who interviewed Hillary supporters about repealing the Bill of Rights.  Some good comedy there.  The hard truth is that, if we banned all the dopey, uninformed and simply stupid people from voting, we'd cut out a large swath of the electorate, probably a good majority.

34 minutes ago, veritas said:

I'm wondering what brilliant solution Obama came up with during eight years in office. 

What difference does that make now?

Aww come on now....he is the best orator in history......Stephen Miller says so.

1 minute ago, FatBoy said:

What difference does that make now?

None.  I'm just pointing out that it's a bit disingenuous to talk about Trump when nobody ever talked about Obama and what he may have accomplished in this area, if anything.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

None.  I'm just pointing out that it's a bit disingenuous to talk about Trump when nobody ever talked about Obama and what he may have accomplished in this area, if anything.

“Maybe by talking to youth and telling them ‘no good, really bad for you.'”

I have a feeling if Barack had made this comment there would have been plenty of "talk".

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, veritas said:

I'm wondering what brilliant solution Obama came up with during eight years in office.  

must deflect from anything negative about Trump, must deflect from anything negative about Trump

Edited by mrsmlh

33 minutes ago, veritas said:

Sort of reminds me of the guy who interviewed Hillary supporters about repealing the Bill of Rights.  Some good comedy there.  The hard truth is that, if we banned all the dopey, uninformed and simply stupid people from voting, we'd cut out a large swath of the electorate, probably a good majority.

More deflection.

13 minutes ago, veritas said:

I'm sure if Obama had said anything as dumb as Trump said, you and other right wingers would have talked about it.

5 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

More deflection.

I'm not the one who posted a link to a Trump supporter as "your brain on drugs".  Maybe you should be directing your comment to him.