Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
workerbee

Pay For My Stuff!

67 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, downunder said:

Don't know if this is true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

Leader Of Free College Movement Keely Mullen Has Millionaire Father, Goes To Northeastern, And Lied On Neil Cavuto

Classic.:lol:

23 hours ago, workerbee said:

I'm mean... duh! LOL.

Here's a different perspective:

Well-season TV personalty ridicules college student

The interview is painful. Cavuto berated Mullen with tough questions in his usual condescending tone, only asking questions he already knew the answer to. His goal was to embarrass a college student on national television, and it worked.

Whether it is politically feasible to have free college is debatable, begging larger questions of who will pay for it and how, as well as whether it would cater to a lazy millennial generation who wants everything handed to them for free.

Cavuto’s interview was tactless and insensitive. His interview style is suitable for a presidential candidate with experience fielding tough questions and a bit more knowledge about how the world works. His manner of questioning was not acceptable for an idealistic young college student without a solid grip on the facts.

It was obvious Mullen was a handpicked interviewee talking to a man of almost 60 years old with extensive training and political experience. She was trying to make a difference, unlike many students her age. He badgered her to gain ratings, and it is despicable.

^I agree with the above.  ^

Fox News just wanted to find someone that will help them feed their agenda.  Think about it. How many of you when you were in college would be able to go on national TV and answer the questions she had to answer?

I also think that right-wingers bringing this up again years later is shameless. But then again, my thoughts will not change your conduct. Making fun of others seems to be a sport for some.

8 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

The interview is painful. Cavuto berated Mullen with tough questions in his usual condescending tone, only asking questions he already knew the answer to. His goal was to embarrass a college student on national television, and it worked.

Whether it is politically feasible to have free college is debatable, begging larger questions of who will pay for it and how, as well as whether it would cater to a lazy millennial generation who wants everything handed to them for free.

Cavuto’s interview was tactless and insensitive. His interview style is suitable for a presidential candidate with experience fielding tough questions and a bit more knowledge about how the world works. His manner of questioning was not acceptable for an idealistic young college student without a solid grip on the facts.

It was obvious Mullen was a handpicked interviewee talking to a man of almost 60 years old with extensive training and political experience. She was trying to make a difference, unlike many students her age. He badgered her to gain ratings, and it is despicable.

Fox News just wanted to find someone that will help them feed their agenda.  Think about it. How many of you when you were in college would be able to go on national TV and answer the questions she had to answer?

I also think that right-wingers bringing this up again years later is shameless. But then again, my thoughts will not change your conduct. Making fun of others seems to be a sport for some.

She is a fraud and got the treatment she deserved.

10 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

A different perspective indeed, coming from a contributor to LSU's student newspaper. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Smokey 1 said:

She is a fraud and got the treatment she deserved.

Well she is from a wealthy family (which Fox News conveniently forgot to mention). So maybe you are right about that. To me it was the typical setup by Fox News. Whatever happened to the days when TV personalities were interviewed respectfully and the disrespectful interviews came from comedians or Geraldo (even Geraldo wasn't as bad as many are now)?

2 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

A different perspective indeed, coming from a contributor to LSU's student newspaper. :rolleyes:

A peer who understands another college student's perspective

9 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Well she is from a wealthy family (which Fox News conveniently forgot to mention). So maybe you are right about that. To me it was the typical setup by Fox News. Whatever happened to the days when TV personalities were interviewed respectfully and the disrespectful interviews came from comedians or Geraldo (even Geraldo wasn't as bad as many are now)?

WWWhooooooo hold on there....... three questions...........

1. What would Fox have gained by announcing that fact at any time during the interview?
  2. She said and I parapharse 'well my family gets assistance from the government that is maxed out'. That just a blaintant lie to enhance her 'case'. Or is she referring to the tax breaks her Daddy gets?
  3. Did anyone put a gun to this women's head and said you had to be interviewed? You put your money down and take your chances. She lost big time.

To me she is just a mis-guided rich brat that 'took up the banner' so to speak. Go back to Manson for another example

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

WWWhooooooo hold on there....... three questions...........

1. What would Fox have gained by announcing that fact at any time during the interview?
  2. She said and I parapharse 'well my family gets assistance from the government that is maxed out'. That just a blaintant lie to enhance her 'case'. Or is she referring to the tax breaks her Daddy gets?
  3. Did anyone put a gun to this women's head and said you had to be interviewed? You put your money down and take your chances. She lost big time.

To me she is just a mis-guided rich brat that 'took up the banner' so to speak. Go back to Manson for another example

1. Obviously she has not had to deal with the issues of being poor.

2. And you are right, she had to have lied. A lot of things just don't add up in that interview.

3. No, but Fox News is notorious for having these kinds of interviews with people on "the other side" of their agenda.

I also agree with your last statement. But it was up to Fox News to resist from airing her (surely they have vetted her before the interview or maybe they didn't - either way it is poor conduct). But FN decided its followers would love to just to make fun of her which they do.

NC, I disagree with you here. She is the organizer of the march and she agreed to talk about it on a televised interview. It was incumbent upon her to know what she was talking about. She didn't, got embarrassed, and it was sad. That was however, on her, not Cavuto. 

Just now, Rael said:

NC, I disagree with you here. She is the organizer of the march and she agreed to talk about it on a televised interview. It was incumbent upon her to know what she was talking about. She didn't, got embarrassed, and it was sad. That was however, on her, not Cavuto. 

She was a college student. How many college students know what they are talking about? She also misrepresented herself. If she were vetted, reg flags should have been all over the place. Fox News likes to interview people like her . They don't care about quality - it's good for ratings. Again, this type of interview was not common at all before Fox News. TV "news" these days is unwatchable. And I have no animosity towards you that you disagree with me on this. :)

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

She was a college student. How many college students know what they are talking about? She also misrepresented herself. If she were vetted, reg flags should have been all over the place. Fox News likes to interview people like her . They don't care about quality - it's good for ratings. Again, this type of interview was not common at all before Fox News. TV "news" these days is unwatchable. And I have no animosity towards you that you disagree with me on this. :)

Is it the quality of journalism or the quality of college educated students that has declined? Perhaps both.

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

She lied but you still want to make this about Fox News .....

Turtleboy dropped the big one. Threads over

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

1. Obviously she has not had to deal with the issues of being poor.

2. And you are right, she had to have lied. A lot of things just don't add up in that interview.

3. No, but Fox News is notorious for having these kinds of interviews with people on "the other side" of their agenda.

I also agree with your last statement. But it was up to Fox News to resist from airing her (surely they have vetted her before the interview or maybe they didn't - either way it is poor conduct). But FN decided its followers would love to just to make fun of her which they do.

I am not a fan of Fox....so I am playing devil's advocate here.

Suppose they DID decide to not air that report based on the fact that the women was clueless etc etc.

Don't you think that those that support her and effort would cause a blowback.....SCREAMING that FOX is censoring the other sides view points? Based on them being the mouthpiece of the RW?

Think about it. To me ...its....Damned if you do .... damned if you don't.

3 minutes ago, Rael said:

Is it the quality of journalism or the quality of college educated students that has declined? Perhaps both.

And just think....all this started because of 'Casual Fridays' at the workplace. :lol:

2 hours ago, soulflower said:

I don't know. If they're anything like most privileged college kids they'll go into the corporate world after college and leave the far left behind 

Take a wild guess.  After 2 years do you think her views have changed... or has she dug in deeper.  Keep in mind the 2016 election! 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

And just think....all this started because of 'Casual Fridays' at the workplace. :lol:

Actually it started with the relaxation of public school dress codes in the 70's.  ;)

1 hour ago, workerbee said:

Actually it started with the relaxation of public school dress codes in the 70's.  ;)

:D