Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

A’s starters have a 7.11 ERA over the last 12 games.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What happens when a stoppable force meets a movable object? 

They'll probably shut us down.

Ain't baseball great.

Edited by Pickle20

Beckham is awesome. Just needs to work on his D a bit 

I feel like all of the games in this series are "must wins."  

1 hour ago, 85Knight said:

I feel like all of the games in this series are "must wins."  

Agree. They really are. I mean if they have any shot at the playoffs they'll have to win roughly almost every series from here on out. Some sweeps would be fantastic 

We should leave Davis on the bench for the rest of the weekend. You can't have a black hole batting in the middle of the lineup.

4 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

We should leave Davis on the bench for the rest of the weekend. You can't have a black hole batting in the middle of the lineup.

This should have been done earlier but it's now or never. They paid him to be a great defender and a low average guy with power. It's past time for Buck to accept things as they are and move on.

One down, three to go!

I liked Davis being out of the lineup. Our best broadcaster, Joe Angel, even noted that CD is as "easy an out as they come nowadays."

Brilliant overpay by Big Dan!

How many more years and how many more millions of dollars for Davis?  Awful. Difficult to do much offensively with an automatic out and black hole in the middle of the lineup. 

Everyone must of snoozed thru Miley's excellent start last night.  Either that or nobody could believe it:D

28 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Everyone must of snoozed thru Miley's excellent start last night.  Either that or nobody could believe it:D

I slept through it - was in bed by 10 pm. The west coast is not doable for me most of the time. I have to get up in the morning.

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

I slept through it - was in bed by 10 pm. The west coast is not doable for me most of the time. I have to get up in the morning.

Yeah but I bet if he would of bombed there would of been howling.  He kicks butt and crickets.  I'll give him some props for this start.

Just now, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah but I bet if he would of bombed there would of been howling.  He kicks butt and crickets.  I'll give him some props for this start.

There is no doubt about that. Notice how quickly some threads were started after the Orioles lost two straight in Anaheim. I saw the box score of last night's game. Even his WHIP was great - last night. It would be nice if he can put a few good quality starts together. Am I asking for too much?

12 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

There is no doubt about that. Notice how quickly some threads were started after the Orioles lost two straight in Anaheim. I saw the box score of last night's game. Even his WHIP was great - last night. It would be nice if he can put a few good quality starts together. Am I asking for too much?

His last 3 starts he has been decent.  We won all 3.   17 ip, 11 hits and 5 runs. 

3 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

His last 3 starts he has been decent.  We won all 3.   17 ip, 11 hits and 5 runs. 

That's why maybe I might be asking too much for this to continue.  And the Orioles need him to continue in order for them to have a chance at postseason. I hope it does continue. I'm just a bit skeptical.

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I was at the game, he looked good. Hats off to Wade, great outing.

Oakland is also 15 games under .500 so I suspect he'll get shelled next time out against a better team.  

Well that Oak pitching was right tonic last night as the O's have a great bounce back win and score 12 runs on 20 hits.  Beckham a terror at top of line up.  And Bundy has rebounded big time from a tired arm.. Getting big Ks now.  Oakland is a dreadful team caveat.