Ode2Joy

Father of 12 killed at Edmondson Village Dollar Store. Police release video and ask for help identifying

31 posts in this topic

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/police-release-surveillance-video-in-dollar-general-shooting/11665646

Baltimore police are asking for help to identify two suspects wanted in the killing of a Dollar General clerk.

Detectives said the men in newly released surveillance video were involved in an armed robbery Tuesday night at the Dollar General in the Edmondson Village Shopping Center in southwest Baltimore.

They got the money and killed that man anyway.  Pure depravity.  The man was working and supporting his children.  Sad that something like this doesn't even get that much attention anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/police-release-surveillance-video-in-dollar-general-shooting/11665646

They got the money and killed that man anyway.  Pure depravity.  The man was working and supporting his children.  Sad that something like this doesn't even get that much attention anymore. 

It's on all the local news. What more do you want? 

12 children? :o

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

People living in Baltimore need to have that many children if they want any chance that 1 or 2 of them may survive into adulthood.

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Glad he was working.  He wasn't supporting 12 children on a dollar store job.  Unless he owned the store, and maybe not then.

The sarcasm & looking askance at this man's family size is a little off-putting.

I know it's hard when you can't utter the usual condescending phrase, "Where's the baby daddy?"

11 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

The sarcasm & looking askance at this man's family size is a little off-putting.

I know it's hard when you can't utter the usual condescending phrase, "Where's the baby daddy?"

I wasn't being sarcastic. Seriously, this has been on every newscast and there are now pics of the shooter and a $27k reward offered. 

Don't know what else Ode wants.

The :o about the dozen kids was only that...shock at the amount of kids. 

Seems like this is another case of bad things happen to good people. Sad. 

21 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Not the first time on here .....

Wasn't there similar comments on a poor women that was murdered recently .....

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I don't want anything from anybody.  The story has a video that police hope might help identify the robbers.  As for having 12 kids, none of us know the circumstances.  The man was married and maybe he took on those kids as his own.  My point is that 12 children are now without a father for no good reason that makes sense.

This story IMO is far more newsworthy on here than your story about a coffee shop reopening.  You go there a lot?  Gonna go there now?

Just disgusting that these depraved cold blooded killers walk around as if they are human.  I hope that someone is there to help with those kids

31 minutes ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

It's more than a little off-putting.  This man was trying.  You're not wrong.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, demopublican said:

Just disgusting that these depraved cold blooded killers walk around as if they are human.  I hope that someone is there to help with those kids

I hope that some street justice is laid down. Judge Dredd style.

Here is a fine example of the BS that libs and limp wrist put out not working....Ohhh  Ohhhh give them what they want and everything will be ok. :rolleyes:

Maybe back in the day...it likely would have....now you give them what they want...and maybe they don't like how you looked at them....or you didn't move fast enough. Bang your dead.

Yahh know.... I am wondering....about the only reasonable thing that could have provoked this was the clerk made the fatal mistake of saying....'hey, I know you'.

Edited by Guido2

7 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I don't want anything from anybody.  The story has a video that police hope might help identify the robbers.  As for having 12 kids, none of us know the circumstances.  The man was married and maybe he took on those kids as his own.  My point is that 12 children are now without a father for no good reason that makes sense.

This story IMO is far more newsworthy on here than your story about a coffee shop reopening.  You go there a lot?  Gonna go there now?

In your first post you said it was "sad that something like this doesn't get that much attention anymore."  I, in turn, showed the various ways it is, in fact, getting plenty of attention. 

Yes, it is sad that 12 children are fatherless. Though, given his age some are most likely grown now. But regardless, they are still fatherless. 

I didn't know it's a competition on here for the most newsworthy topic. Lol  

And then they wonder why the ghetto's don't have the presence that's required to quell the crime. Who's going to want to deal with provincial savages like that? I've always said, you act like an animal, don't be surprised when you get treated like one. 

My daughter was the last customer to talk to him at 9:35 pm before he was savagely gunned down. He was working alone and a girl who came in with my daughter had to call out for him because he was midway in the store putting things up. He had let his employees go home and was closing up the store by himself. She told me you could tell he was tired, but he was still courteous and polite and told her don't rush when she wanted to run back for something she forgot.

Now I see these...people, these predators, and wonder what might have happened if my daughter had been just 5 short minutes later, would they have put it off? Would they have let her go? Or would they have killed her too? She had just left my house.

I just don't know what to say, I don't know if it will ever end. Probably not.

I put flowers on the door of the store.I plan to go to his funeral. Now I have to look at yet another black man in a box with his eyes closed and his mouth sewn shut, in a suit that he will never take off. I imagine his family's horror and it breaks my heart over and over.

What can we do? Nothing, except try to be safe. Money, prayers, jobs, faith, jail, all have been tried and all have failed repeatedly. It's just sad the way we live and the way we die.

One more thing, if I dealt with racism or racists as much as I have dealt with neighbors, friends, and family being murdered I would have 2 maybe 3 racist stories to tell over a period of 5+ decades and they weren't even serious or life changing events. As it is I can tell over a dozen murder stories. I have seen people bleed out in the streets more than once. I've seen more dead bodies here in Baltimore than in Vietnam. I imagine that there are people and groups of people who don't personally know anyone who has been murdered. But EVERYONE in my neighborhood, even the children in elementary schools, knows someone who's been murdered here in the city. Sure, I could move, but where? Iowa, Alaska, Butte Montana?

3 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

My daughter was the last customer to talk to him at 9:35 pm before he was savagely gunned down. He was working alone and a girl who came in with my daughter had to call out for him because he was midway in the store putting things up. He had let his employees go home and was closing up the store by himself. She told me you could tell he was tired, but he was still courteous and polite and told her don't rush when she wanted to run back for something she forgot.

Now I see these...people, these predators, and wonder what might have happened if my daughter had been just 5 short minutes later, would they have put it off? Would they have let her go? Or would they have killed her too? She had just left my house.

I put flowers on the door of the store.I plan to go to his funeral. Now I have to look at yet another black man in a box with his eyes closed and his mouth sewn shut, in a suit that he will never take off. I imagine his family's horror and it breaks my heart over and over.

What can we do? Nothing, except try to be safe. Money, prayers, jobs, faith, jail, all have been tried and all have failed repeatedly. It's just sad the way we live and the way we die.

2 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

One more thing, if I dealt with racism or racists as much as I have dealt with neighbors, friends, and family being murdered I would have 2 maybe 3 racist stories to tell over a period of 5+ decades and they weren't even serious or life changing events. As it is I can tell over a dozen murder stories. I have seen people bleed out in the streets more than once. I've seen more dead bodies here in Baltimore than in Vietnam. I imagine that there are people and groups of people who don't personally know anyone who has been murdered. But EVERYONE in my neighborhood, even the children in elementary schools, knows someone who's been murdered here in the city. Sure, I could move, but where? Iowa, Alaska, Butte Montana?

I can feel your pain, but I can't imagine the pain. No one should ever have to live their life in everyday fear, or experience the crime that engulfs our city(s).

I'm glad your daughter is ok.

This clerk was not just a father, but, clearly, he was a friend to many in the community. Always willing to help. Perhaps he knew, behind their masks, who was robbing the store.

Peace to you.

3 hours ago, prodigalson1 said:

You're daughter was there at 9:35. He was killed at 9:55 (say the police) so I don't see how 5 min would've put your daughter in danger. Did she see anyone or anything that could help the police identify the shooter. How do you know she was the last customer to talk to him...no one else came in during that 20 minutes? 

Your posts are beautifully written. You could be an author. Fyi, morticians no longer sew the lips together. 

19 minutes ago, naive said:

I can feel your pain, but I can't imagine the pain. No one should ever have to live their life in everyday fear, or experience the crime that engulfs our city(s).

I'm glad your daughter is ok.

This clerk was not just a father, but, clearly, he was a friend to many in the community. Always willing to help. Perhaps he knew, behind their masks, who was robbing the store.

Peace to you.

Thanks, naive.

7 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You're daughter was there at 9:35. He was killed at 9:55 (say the police) so I don't see how 5 min would've put your daughter in danger. Did she see anyone or anything that could help the police identify the shooter. How do you know she was the last customer to talk to him...no one else came in during that 20 minutes? 

Your posts are beautifully written. You could be an author. Fyi, morticians no longer sew the lips together. 

No, she didn't see anyone except the young woman who came in directly behind her.

Thank you for your compliment and also it's nice to know the 'lips' are not sewn together but how do they keep the 'mouth' closed these days?

:-)

2 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

No, she didn't see anyone except the young woman who came in directly behind her.

Thank you for your compliment and also it's nice to know the 'lips' are not sewn together but how do they keep the 'mouth' closed these days?

:-)

Something they put on the underside of the lips keeps them in place. 

3 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I am sitting here trying to control my rage about what you wrote. Here this poster spills his emotional guts out and you are critiquing timelines and how morticians do their jobs.

Saying you are a horses butt would be too kind.

You should have just posted what I bolded and left it at that. What a jerk  you are!

SMH

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I am sitting here trying to control my rage about what you wrote. Here this poster spills his emotional guts out and you are critiquing timelines and how morticians do their jobs.

Saying you are a horses butt would be too kind.

You should have just posted what I bolded and left it at that. What a jerk  you are!

SMH

Please don't critique my responses to other posters and tell me what I should have said. 

20 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Not the first time on here .....

Wasn't there similar comments on a poor women that was murdered recently .....

Yep. 

22 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

He is the baby daddy.