Norman

Maybe 'fire and fury' comment 'wasn't tough enough'

28 posts in this topic

Trump on North Korea: Maybe 'fire and fury' comment 'wasn't tough enough'

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)President Donald Trump reiterated his bellicose warning to North Korea from earlier in the week, telling reporters at his golf club in New Jersey on Thursday that his threat to bring "fire and fury" if North Korea continued to threaten the United States may not have gone far enough.

"Maybe it wasn't tough enough," Trump said during a lengthy exchange with reporters.
Trump said that past administrations had not done enough to take on North Korea and that it is time a President "stuck up for the country."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/politics/trump-north-korea/index.html

Yikes....he's doubling down!

And he doesn't mind who gets killed along the way. Big talk makes him a winner.

Well, saying "radical Islamic terrorism" has made serious headway in dealing with terrorism, as I was promised by Fox News hosts, Donald Trump, and posters here. 

So by extension, saying increasingly ridiculous things to North Korea will lead to positive developments.

Anything to deflect from "this Rusher thing"... :rolleyes:

What does he mean by 'past administrations have not done enough'? I feel like, short of war, past administrations have done a quite a bit. I'm not even sure there is anything short of war that past administrations could have done to avoid this.

Its not going to matter what any Prez does or doesnt do about North Korea.

18 minutes ago, Rocketwolf said:

Within reason, but the current guy doesn't have a good track record of being reasonable. He'll probably just run his mouth and nothing crazy will happen, but he has the potential to make something crazy happen on his own.

He sounds like a professional wrestler.

Posted (edited)

I hope that Tillerson, Mattis, and McMaster are approaching this reasonably, they seem to be in public, and that beneath the bluster from North Korea they also have sober minded people making decisions and giving advice.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

In case of nuclear war put your head between your legs and kiss you ASSest goodbye.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

What does he mean by 'past administrations have not done enough'? I feel like, short of war, past administrations have done a quite a bit. I'm not even sure there is anything short of war that past administrations could have done to avoid this.

On this I agree with him.  He didn't cause this problem, he inherited it from the past 3 administrations.  The past 3 have continually kicked the can down the road on NK.   First we were told that NK doesn't have nuclear capabilities, that was proven wrong.  Well that didn't matter because they don't have the delivery systems to reach the US.  Wrong again.  Even still, doesn't matter because they can't make the warheads small enough to fit on an ICBM.  Now that may be wrong.  I get that Trump is probably the last person who could handle this problem in a measured, rationale matter, but he was handed a flaming turd because Obama, Bush, and Clinton totally deferred this problem to the next administration up.  Maybe if at anytime during the last 24 years we actually had a president with leadership qualities who might have been able to formulate a cohesive foreign policy to deal with this, we might not be in the position where the last man to inherit the problem is a bumbling idiot!  

"You'll see, you'll see. And he'll see," he said.

sounds like a third grader, pouting after losing a game.

Why can't this fake tough guy shut up and let the people (who know what they're doing) do there job.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Rocketwolf said:

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

a war on the korean penisula would almost certainly lead to six figure casualties and even a limited nuclear exchange would lead to substantial increases in cancer deaths. 

Plus there's a very real possibility that a war and then nuclear exchange on the korean peninsula could lead to a larger war between the United States and China.The economic impact alone would be felt by every single American and most people who rely on pacific trade. What's the castle these would be almost beyond comprehension

So it matters to a significant percentage of the worlds population

Edited by JoyinMudville

8 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

a war on the korean penisula would almost certainly lead to six figure casualties and even a limited nuclear exchange would lead to substantial increases in cancer deaths. 

Plus there's a very real possibility that a war and then nuclear exchange on the korean peninsula could lead to a larger war between the United States and China.The economic impact alone would be felt by every single American and most people who rely on pacific trade. What's the castle these would be almost beyond comprehension

So it matters to a significant percentage of the worlds population

Of course it will matter to millions, what doesn't matter is what anyone can do about it, appeasement wont work, sanctions wont work,  military action wont work, if that Korean monster wants to, it will happen.

If something would work without starting a war it would have happened by now.

Its incredibly stupid to think otherwise.

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

On this I agree with him.  He didn't cause this problem, he inherited it from the past 3 administrations.  The past 3 have continually kicked the can down the road on NK.   First we were told that NK doesn't have nuclear capabilities, that was proven wrong.  Well that didn't matter because they don't have the delivery systems to reach the US.  Wrong again.  Even still, doesn't matter because they can't make the warheads small enough to fit on an ICBM.  Now that may be wrong.  I get that Trump is probably the last person who could handle this problem in a measured, rationale matter, but he was handed a flaming turd because Obama, Bush, and Clinton totally deferred this problem to the next administration up.  Maybe if at anytime during the last 24 years we actually had a president with leadership qualities who might have been able to formulate a cohesive foreign policy to deal with this, we might not be in the position where the last man to inherit the problem is a bumbling idiot!  

Obviously he's not wrong that this thing has landed in his lap but I'm wondering what specifically he had in mind that past administrations could have done?  To me it just sounds like classic Washington, 'the guy before me, it's his fault'.

Trump is doing exactly what Kim wants.

This guy is a clown, a childish tyrant. What he craves is recognition. Previous Presidents haven't given it to him. But our boy Donald? 

Dear God.

10 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Trump is doing exactly what Kim wants.

This guy is a clown, a childish tyrant. What he craves is recognition. Previous Presidents haven't given it to him. But our boy Donald? 

Dear God.

Exactly.  And where is Dennis Rodman?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Obviously he's not wrong that this thing has landed in his lap but I'm wondering what specifically he had in mind that past administrations could have done?  To me it just sounds like classic Washington, 'the guy before me, it's his fault'.

I doubt he has anything in mind of what past administrations should have done.  But past administrations were supposedly better at politics than he is.  The fact that they let this problem grow without really addressing it is why this problem is where it is.  The problem was kicked down the road.  Maybe it can continue to be kicked down the road.  But the fact is that not too long ago the problem was thought to be one of a rogue country that may have a nuclear weapon, that doesn't have a delivery system, and that even if they had both could not fit all the pieces together to make a formidable weapon.  Now, we are not so sure.  If that's true then I have to wonder how much better the last several presidents have been than Trump.  He surely is not the guy I would want to confront this issue, but then what were the last three presidents doing that all of the sudden this threat has gone from decades away to being real in this time frame?

I'm firmly in the ignore lil' kim crowd....that doesn't mean you can't try addressing the problem...just don't see how trying to out crazy the crazy guy will possibly help.

5 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I doubt he has anything in mind of what past administrations should have done.  But past administrations were supposedly better at politics than he is.  The fact that they let this problem grow without really addressing it is why this problem is where it is.  The problem was kicked down the road.  Maybe it can continue to be kicked down the road.  But the fact is that not too long ago the problem was thought to be one of a rogue country that may have a nuclear weapon, that doesn't have a delivery system, and that even if they had both could not fit all the pieces together to make a formidable weapon.  Now, we are not so sure.  If that's true then I have to wonder how much better the last several presidents have been than Trump.  He surely is not the guy I would want to confront this issue, but then what were the last three presidents doing that all of the sudden this threat has gone from decades away to being real in this time frame?

So you're essentially in Trump's camp of 'past administrations could have done more'. Ok that's fine. What? What should have been done?

Bush walked away from the Agreed Framework. He should have listened to Colin Powell rather than Cheney.

Today we're Locked and Loaded....:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

Today we're Locked and Loaded....:rolleyes:

SMH, fake tough guy trying to prove something. Putin got the one he wanted, now Kim.