Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cfoty

MIAA "A" and "B" Conf. Preview ( - SFA )

14 posts in this topic

Since SFA has their own thread let's leave them out of this thread. Any thoughts on how the rest of the teams in both the "A" and "B" Conf. are going to do this year

Posted (edited)

What are you asking for? Who cares who comes in second or third? Are you asking about players? Should change the title to B conference if we're talking about teams. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

B conference everything I hear it has to be Pallotti they have A conference talent

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

B conference everything I hear it has to be Pallotti they have A conference talent

Palotti doesn't have A conference talent per se, they definitely have some A conference skill players. They don't have the depth or line play to contend in the A. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

What Conference is Concordia Prep in ? Coach Ward has come very good skill guys, from what I've seen at some of their 7 on 7 games.

1 hour ago, ECF said:

What Conference is Concordia Prep in ? Coach Ward has come very good skill guys, from what I've seen at some of their 7 on 7 games.

They're playing as an independent this year because they didn't field a team last year and the MIAA doesn't let teams come into the league in the middle of a 2 year cycle.

They've been in the C Conference most of the time before that. They play most of the C Conference schools this year but only once, the full C Conference members play each conference team twice.

Agree with GA on Palotti.  They would be bottom teir A team but do have several great players.  They'd beat Loyola and besides that don't think they'd win another game.

Just now, Bully said:

Agree with GA on Palotti.  They would be bottom teir A team but do have several great players.  They'd beat Loyola and besides that don't think they'd win another game.

They'd probably beat Gilman with that undermanned offensive line.

Ok just going based of all this hype they seem to have. Don't know much else about the B. 

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

They'd probably beat Gilman with that undermanned offensive line.

That was the worst line I've ever seen in school history. That being said, you do realize that CHC beat Gilman in OT after being down by two TD's right? So if they could have beaten Gilman, that means they could beat CHC. I don't think they would have beaten either though. 

GA saw all 3 teams last year Pallotti would have matched up well against both CHC and Gilman could have went either way 

44 minutes ago, cfoty said:

GA saw all 3 teams last year Pallotti would have matched up well against both CHC and Gilman could have went either way 

I don't doubt that at all actually. That Gilman line was like a B conference line. Fortunately, they all return, including their two best OL who missed basically the whole year. Will be interesting to see their progress this year. Because with Spanky back, Gilman is as loaded as any team in the league at the skill positions(excluding QB). 

Palotti plays McDonogh early so we'll see if they can stay within 30 points or not.   I would expect at least a 20 point victory for MCD though.  

18 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I don't doubt that at all actually. That Gilman line was like a B conference line. Fortunately, they all return, including their two best OL who missed basically the whole year. Will be interesting to see their progress this year. Because with Spanky back, Gilman is as loaded as any team in the league at the skill positions(excluding QB). 

Man, year in and year out for as long as I can recall, especially when Gilman doesn't perform well, you ALWAYS raise grave injury issues with key Gilman players.