Sprightly

Six shot in Baltimore on Thursday

13 posts in this topic

Six people were shot in Baltimore on Thursday, with one of them killed, police said.

First, a man was killed in Northwest Baltimore around 8 a.m. Police found him in the 5100 block of Linden Heights Avenue in the Langston Hughes neighborhood. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Another man was shot in the torso in West Baltimore. The man was found around 5:20 p.m. in the 1900 block of Penrose Avenue in the Penrose area. The 25-year-old was taken to a hospital for treatment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-shootings-20170810-story.html

Rush hour shootings; middle of the day shootings; weekend shootings. Oh, and some stabbing deaths in there as well. It's all just very sad.

Things are really bad in Baltimore. The prosecutors and judges are going to have to start doing their jobs correctly. 

9 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Six people were shot in Baltimore on Thursday, with one of them killed, police said.

First, a man was killed in Northwest Baltimore around 8 a.m. Police found him in the 5100 block of Linden Heights Avenue in the Langston Hughes neighborhood. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Another man was shot in the torso in West Baltimore. The man was found around 5:20 p.m. in the 1900 block of Penrose Avenue in the Penrose area. The 25-year-old was taken to a hospital for treatment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-shootings-20170810-story.html

Rush hour shootings; middle of the day shootings; weekend shootings. Oh, and some stabbing deaths in there as well. It's all just very sad.

Just another day in Charm City!

On 8/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, bogart said:

Things are really bad in Baltimore. The prosecutors and judges are going to have to start doing their jobs correctly. 

Or what?

27 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Or what?

Or until the entire thug class has eliminated itself...hopefully without too much collateral damage.

To be honest...I am beginning to believe that is what the spineless lib/dem BC politicians are hoping for. The KNOW full well that their plans and schemes have failed over that last 20 years. And anything they come up with now is peeing in the wind.

If the thug class destroys itself...they can play Pontius Pilate ..... assign blame to the cops and wash their hands of the whole thing. IMO

Sick yes.....but beyond the realm of possibility.... I think not.

And the City Council passes a watered down bill about penalties for carrying an illegal weapon - now it's a $1,000 fine instead of jail time. And outside of the courthouse protesters are saying even that is wrong - and suggest things like the city spending more money for rec centers (as if that's going to have any impact on the carnage). The abject stupidity that flourishes in Baltimore (among the elected officials and the local population) is ridiculous.  

Seems the new plan is to melt down the civil war monuments and make statues of baltimore's greats.  I am sure that will get the body count down.

2 hours ago, overtaxed said:

Seems the new plan is to melt down the civil war monuments and make statues of baltimore's greats.  I am sure that will get the body count down.

You mean like St Freddie? 

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

You mean like St Freddie? 

I figure his will have to be the largest.  Probably have to melt down the coast guard ship for his.

Guido always so much to say with no substance at all. 

I see the statue lovers are out in full swing with their ignorance.:rolleyes:

On 8/16/2017 at 9:03 AM, bogart said:

Come onnnnn, they're funny. :lol:

On 8/16/2017 at 9:03 AM, bogart said:

I don't see a heck of a lot of substance in many of your posts either. In fact none for the most part. Just a lot of whining about the plight of the black man in the city. Lots of whining....no cheese.

17 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Come onnnnn, they're funny. :lol:

Sarcasm can be funny....also sarcasm tends to be statements about things that others will not address in polite company. Ken....you don't think that for one minute that the Mayor (now and previous) and the CC are not hoping for a hail mary....maybe as I suggested.

Heck otherwise they may have to drop the hammer on their ahhhhhhhh constituents and the courts to get their act together. GOD FORBID :rolleyes:

How long did it take Pugh to come up with her 'master plan' about crime? Did you read it...it is nothing more than a rough outline of things that have been used (and failed) before.

But she sure got those threatening statues taken care of....never to rob/shoot/sell drugs/have multiple illegitimate children/maim/kill again. :P

Edited by Guido2