Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKDWZD

Trump - "The US is Locked and Loaded" ...

185 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Let me know when Leader Kim actually follows through with their threat. He claims the missiles won't be ready to launch for a couple of days. SK says they don't see any activity related to a missile launch. 

What are South Koreans supposed to be looking for, a guy with a taper lighting a blue touch paper? :lol: 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Nice deflection/straw man. This is about Trump, not Kim. I think we would all prefer a leader who could effectively deal with Kim. Unfortunately, Trump is clearly not that person. 

You guys need new talking points. 

Trump certainly can't be doing any worse than that last presidents unless you believe prolonging the issue was a good strategy.  

Edited by flyboy56

2 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

What are South Koreans supposed to be looking for, a guy with a taper lighting a blue touch paper? :lol: 

I'm not privy to SK's intel. I'm guessing you aren't either?

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Nice deflection/straw man. This is about Trump, not Kim. I think we would all prefer a leader who could effectively deal with Kim. Unfortunately, Trump is clearly not that person. 

You guys need new talking points. 

Sure, bro.  This is all Trump's doing.  Kim is just a nice guy!  :D

5 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I think this is a good strategy for Trump. It's the only way he can keep his crown.

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Sure, bro.  This is all Trump's doing.  Kim is just a nice guy!  :D

If you say so. I personally think both him and Trump are mentally unbalanced sociopaths. 

Putting Donny's blubbering aside, I'm sure the IC and the Joint Chiefs have formulated a plan to deal with NK. 

If you say so. I personally think both him and Trump are mentally unbalanced sociopaths. 

You can read Susan Rice's op-ed piece and see that she basically admitted that the Obama administration felt that allowing Kim and NK to have nuke capability to strike us was something they believed we could live with.

That ain't a deflection.  That's a fact.

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

You can read Susan Rice's op-ed piece and see that she basically admitted that the Obama administration felt that allowing Kim and NK to have nuke capability to strike us was something they believed we could live with.

What if I said "bananas are yellow". That's a fact, but certainly a deflection as well. Just as your statement is. 

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

What she said was 

“History shows that we can, if we must, tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea — the same way we tolerated the far greater threat of thousands of Soviet nuclear weapons during the Cold War,”

Is there anything incorrect about that statement?  I don't think there is.

The reality is that we simply cannot prevent everyone from getting the kind of weapons we don't think they should have and we're going to have to learn to live with that or face perpetual war.

33 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Trump got played by NK for the fool that he is. He thought he could scare/bully NK with tough talk. It didn't work, NK immediately threatened an attack on Guam. Trump's advisors had to clean up the mess.

NK won't attack anything IMO, unless they're much dumber than I thought.  Trump letting them know what will happen can only have a beneficial effect.  Dictators only understand strength, not soothing words.  How many times has that been shown in the past?  Being threatened may turn up NK's bluster but it will decrease the likelihood of them actually taking some rashly provocative action, IMO.  

8 minutes ago, veritas said:

NK won't attack anything IMO, unless they're much dumber than I thought.  Trump letting them know what will happen can only have a beneficial effect.  Dictators only understand strength, not soothing words.  How many times has that been shown in the past?  Being threatened may turn up NK's bluster but it will decrease the likelihood of them actually taking some rashly provocative action, IMO.  

If they are ever to attack, now is a the most likely time, since we have a leader who has no clue what he's doing.

Donny should stop the Twitter diplomacy. 

11 minutes ago, veritas said:

They will not do anything unless Trump keeps hitting the hornets' nest. If NK is put in a corner, all bets are off. Right now Trump is just trying to be John Wayne - but everyone knows what a fraud he is - even Kim Jong-un. But Trump's ego could very well escalate this.

If they are ever to attack, now is a the most likely time, since we have a leader who has no clue what he's doing.

I disagree.  NK not knowing what Trump might do to them has to give them pause. 

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

They will not do anything unless Trump keeps hitting the hornets' nest. If NK is put in a corner, all bets are off. Right now Trump is just trying to be John Wayne - but everyone knows what a fraud he is - even Kim Jong-un. But Trump's ego could very well escalate this.

Another example of the problem being Trump and not Kim.  I predicted it and you guys keep delivering.

20 minutes ago, veritas said:

What if they drop a bomb off of Guam, in the middle of the ocean?

Not an attack, no harm done, but I bet Trump takes that as an excuse to start a war.

Which, heck, how long has it been since we got into a war in a far off place? High time if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

Nah, I don't think that that translates very well in North Korean. Sounds more like he's speaking in a manner that 2A red neckers understand to me. 

It's, literally, a line from a B movie.

Very apropos. 

Just now, ms maggie said:

Not an attack, no harm done, but I bet Trump takes that as an excuse to start a war.

Which, heck, how long has it been since we got into a war in a far off place? High time if you ask me. 

It depends what you mean by middle of the ocean.  If they dropped it 200 miles off NYC, is that a provocation or not?  Where is the line?  I'm asking this seriously.  I don't want a war or any military action if it can be avoided but how much do we put up with from the pipsqueak?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, veritas said:

Another example of the problem being Trump and not Kim.  I predicted it and you guys keep delivering.

Dude...the problem IS Trump. To deny it doesn't make it go away. NK has been making threats for a long time. Kim Jong-un knows that if he were to act on his threats he would lose his country. But he wants to keep his demonstrative profile so he continues to threaten. Other presidents knew this and acted accordingly. Trump, on the other hand, needs something to boost his ego/ratings.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Dude...the problem IS Trump. To deny it doesn't make it go away. NK has been making threats for a long time. Kim Jong-un knows that if he were to act on his threats he would lose. But he wants to keep his demonstrative profile so he continues to threaten. Other presidents knew this and acted accordingly. Trump, on the other hand, needs something to boost his ego/ratings.

Kim had no weapon to threaten with before.  Now, our IC says he does.  That is a huge difference.  He's the problem, not Trump.

Russia and China voting yes for sanctions on NK is a sign that they fear a U.S. strike on NK. Also keep in mind that all three are like minded, Russia maybe a little less .But make no mistake, China would love nothing more than a United Korea with a commie system. That's NKs ultimate goal. A nuclear armed triad of Russia, China and Korea. If we aren't gonna stop it, we should pull out of South Korea  and continue to build out military. Because that's what's coming.

2 minutes ago, veritas said:

It depends what you mean by middle of the ocean.  If they dropped it 200 miles off NYC, is that a provocation or not?  Where is the line?  I'm asking this seriously.  I don't want a war or any military action if it can be avoided but how much do we put up with from the pipsqueak?

Look up the meaning of provocation.  Here's a thought: don't take the bait.  I love how blithely everyone ignores how catastrophic this would be for South Korea.  And of course, China would side with NK. Yippee!!!!

Kim isn't rational.  Why would you deliberately get into a meaningless pissing contest with him? He is just like Trump--everything is secondary to his image of himself as a tough guy, a serious world leader.  We at least have people around Trump who can stand in the way of him doing anything too implusively.  Kim? Don't think so.  But hey, why not publicly challenge and mock an unstable, irreponsible leader who has nuclear weapons

We should start learning to speak Korean asap.  I mean... how do you deal with a people who can build 60 nukes, develop and successfully test a credible ICBM in a matter of... 8 months?  

5 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

What would Obama or any other President do in a direct provocation?

Guam is a protected U.S territory and not just an empty ocean 

Kennedy was hair away of going postal due to the Cuban missile crisis until cooler heads prevailed and that wasn't even a launch.