Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKDWZD

Trump - "The US is Locked and Loaded" ...

185 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

People poo-pooed North Korea for a long time, and for good reason. Their previous claims of weapon testing didn't pass the smell test, from seismology data and information from our intelligence community. Nobody can stop NK from making threats but when you have an unhinged leader like Trump mucking up our relations with our allies, then our adversaries start seeing opportunities. 

Trump must show everyone that he is a tough negotiator. He doesn't care how many people get killed in the process.

2 hours ago, banner1124 said:

What she said was 

“History shows that we can, if we must, tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea — the same way we tolerated the far greater threat of thousands of Soviet nuclear weapons during the Cold War,”

Is there anything incorrect about that statement?  I don't think there is.

The reality is that we simply cannot prevent everyone from getting the kind of weapons we don't think they should have and we're going to have to learn to live with that or face perpetual war.

Not incorrect at all.  Just like I said.  The Obama administration decided to do nothing and let them develop the capability for next president to deal with. 

Thanks, Obama.  Thanks Rice.  Mission accomplished.  Trump has assembled what looks more like a war cabinet out of necessity thanks to the capitulators of the previous several administrations.

2 hours ago, jonsensback said:

What would Obama or any other President do in a direct provocation?

Guam is a protected U.S territory and not just an empty ocean 

Kennedy was hair away of going postal due to the Cuban missile crisis until cooler heads prevailed and that wasn't even a launch. 

They're trying to rewrite history and seem to be pretending that Guam and our citizens there are less important and an expendable part of the U.S. I say "seem" because I find it hard to believe that anyone is really that dumb. 

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Trump got played by NK for the fool that he is. He thought he could scare/bully NK with tough talk. It didn't work, NK immediately threatened an attack on Guam. Trump's advisors had to clean up the mess.

Does anyone *really* believe Fat Boy is going to launch a missile on Guam?

4 minutes ago, alienrace said:

He won't unless Trump is foolish enough to trap him in a corner. We had two egomaniacs on the loose. Each having to prove themselves to the world.

Edited by ncbirdfan

19 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

He won't unless Trump is foolish enough to trap him in a corner. We had two egomaniacs on the loose. Each having to prove themselves to the world.

No doubt 'bout that.

Fat Boy just wants attention, as always.  If we keep giving it to him, he'll keep poking at us.  Trump keeps falling for it, hook, line and sinker.

Even Fat Boy has to realize that if he launches a missle, he is done.  I don't think he's suicidal, he's far too enamored with his lifestyle and power for that. 

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Nice deflection/straw man. This is about Trump, not Kim. I think we would all prefer a leader who could effectively deal with Kim. Unfortunately, Trump is clearly not that person. 

You guys need new talking points. 

Like Obama dealt with him? ......

NK has built a lot of misses and warheads b in the past 6 months, right? ....

27 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Not incorrect at all.  Just like I said.  The Obama administration decided to do nothing and let them develop the capability for next president to deal with. 

Thanks, Obama.  Thanks Rice.  Mission accomplished.  Trump has assembled what looks more like a war cabinet out of necessity thanks to the capitulators of the previous several administrations.

They're trying to rewrite history and seem to be pretending that Guam and our citizens there are less important and an expendable part of the U.S. I say "seem" because I find it hard to believe that anyone is really that dumb. 

Unless you want to go to war what do you suggest we do to stop them?  Like I said, sometimes reality sucks and the reality is that we simply cannot stop everyone from having weapons that we don't want them to have unless we're willing to be perpetually at war.

55 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

And both with small, umm, hands...

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Ahhhhh based on your scenario.....there is a big difference between the 'war games' you speak of. And lobbing a missile that may or may not be armed across 1/2 the world and dropping it in NY harbor or 12. something miles nearby.

You have to agree on that.

BTW if you got some easily accessible links about these Med. war games I would like to see them. This is the first I am hearing about it. Not trolling....honest.

These are very frequent exercises, Here's one, Google US war games in Mediterranean for more if you need them. 

2 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Like Obama dealt with him? ......

NK has built a lot of misses and warheads b in the past 6 months, right? ....

...and not so many in the eight years before.

29 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

...and not so many in the eight years before.

Because they were focusing on a long range ICBM and miniaturizing a nuclear warhead. 

2 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

These are very frequent exercises, Here's one, Google US war games in Mediterranean for more if you need them. 

Will do .... just got back from the Ale House in Columbia. Nice place first time I have ever been there. Will go again.

6 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Why do you insist on lying?

8 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Why do you insist on lying?

Back at it again, eh .....

Everyone is lying but you, the all knowing, guardian of the truth .....

16 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Back at it again, eh .....

Everyone is lying but you, the all knowing, guardian of the truth .....

Ode2Joy said Obama did nothing. That's a lie. 

Next...

http://imgur.com/So0LDAI

Damn Sun Forum!!!

Tried Every html link provided on Imgur and they will not just display the Pic

Someone oughta Fix the way this Board works!

Edited by Bartman

7 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Isn't Susan Rice right though? We may not like it but we can live with this.

North Korea appears to have made the correct calculation that the US is not going to risk all out war on the Korean Peninsula over their provocations. I assume that is why we have heard a steady barrage of over the top threats from them over the last few decades, it's all meant to convince the US that all out war will be the result of any action against North Korea. Given that the options seem to be, 1) take some form of military action and see if North Korea is just bluffing about all out war or 2) live with it. Are you saying one of the previous administrations should have rolled the dice and launched a strike?

9 hours ago, veritas said:

The stock market has been soaring and the economy is pretty good.  Illegal immigration is continuing to fall.  They haven't replaced Obamacare, though.  That's the dismal record that requires a war?  

Doesn't America just feel greater with fewer illegal immigrants? The ripping apart of families just warms the cockles of one's heart.

And the 8% of Americans doing better due to the stock market, which pretty much ignores Trump, is Divine Providence. 

God bless Donald Trump. Help keep him out of prison.

15 hours ago, alienrace said:

Leader Kim says it will take a few days to prepare the missiles. tick tock, tick tock...As all eyes are on Leader Kim.

15 hours ago, alienrace said:

As he never claimed that he would, then my answer is no, he won't. 

8 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Ode2Joy said Obama did nothing. That's a lie. 

Next...

Ok, how about this......

Obama did nothing that was effective, kicked the can down the road, made the situation much worse and played a major role in creating this dangerous situation .....

I guess that is something .....

Next .....

7 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Isn't Susan Rice right though? We may not like it but we can live with this.

North Korea appears to have made the correct calculation that the US is not going to risk all out war on the Korean Peninsula over their provocations. I assume that is why we have heard a steady barrage of over the top threats from them over the last few decades, it's all meant to convince the US that all out war will be the result of any action against North Korea. Given that the options seem to be, 1) take some form of military action and see if North Korea is just bluffing about all out war or 2) live with it. Are you saying one of the previous administrations should have rolled the dice and launched a strike?

Would Rice feel the same way if blacks were still enslaved in the US? As a former national security advisor and UN Ambassador she has a very good idea how many NKs are enslaved under Kim's regime. But we may not like it but we can live with it?!

21 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Would Rice feel the same way if blacks were still enslaved in the US? As a former national security advisor and UN Ambassador she has a very good idea how many NKs are enslaved under Kim's regime. But we may not like it but we can live with it?!

Non sequitur! "Black's enslaved in the US" would be the US's problem, "NK's enslaved under Kim's regime" isn't.

17 hours ago, ms maggie said:

That's kinda your thing, not making a declaration.  I will: we should not preemptively strike NK. If we do, we put SK in a horrendous position. And we get into war with China. Those are the hard facts.  Why do you think this mess has festered under 3 prior Presidents? Are you as naive as Trump? 

We need to negotiate with the NKs, which of course requires a skill set Trump lacks.  And we need to speak with one voice, we and our allies in the region. We have leverage with China if we choose to use it.  This asshat making threats isn't the wise path.

Your declaration is what, exactly?  What should we do if Kim blows up a nuke offshore in Guam? Or Seattle? Simple enough question.

We agree; there is no justification at this time for a preemptive strike on NK. 

SK has been in a horrendous position since 1950.

This mess has festered for three administrations because it is easier to ignore a hard question than to address it.  Don't take that as a pass for Trump: if Kim hadn't been able to achieve ICBM capability and if the IC had, apparently, not so badly misjudged NK's miniaturization efforts, Trump would ignore it as well.

We do need to negotiate with NK, one on one.  These threats were not against SK, they were specific to the US.

Our allies in the region; Japan and Australia have already said publicly that an attack on Guam will activate the joint defense treaties.

We have only economic leverage with China and that is not as significant as some think.  China cares about China and if NK is blown off the map for starting a war, China couldn't care less.  China's biggest concern is that the government not be seen as subject to the whims of the US and so long as there is a buffer between the SK and China, it's immaterial to China who occupies it.

NK blowing up a nuke in international waters off Guam is an act of war against the global community; those waters belong to the world, not NK. Depending on tidal and wind direction, it could easily be seen as an act of war against the US.