Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmore_ken

Just Reported On 105.7 The Fan

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Alex Lewis to have season ending surgery. Flacco to miss the entire pre season. No links yet. Just Reported on the radio apparently by Ziebrek

Edited by bmore_ken

This season is shaping up as an uphill battle.

White would have likely made team. As for Lewis, our o-line is in poor shape. 

I thought I read somewhere about White they IR'd him basically so they could stash him

I don't know what Mangold is asking for but it's time Oz found out. 

5 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I don't know what Mangold is asking for but it's time Oz found out. 

And they can use the rest of the cap money for a well-rested Kyle Boller. (yes I am trolling you :D )

I really think the way these injuries are occurring, the Ravens will be picking in the top 5-10 next year - maybe higher. The OL alone will be interesting to say the least. I hope I'm wrong and they can somehow patch it.

2 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

I really think the way these injuries are occurring, the Ravens will be picking in the top 5-10 next year - maybe higher. The OL alone will be interesting to say the least. I hope I'm wrong and they can somehow patch it.

Birdfan,

Does it really matter?  They all go down injured (and typically for the entire year), so what difference does it make?  Disgusted.....

Both items of news are troubling.  Lewis represented some continuity on an O-line that looks like it will now be no better than last year.  With Flacco, I'm starting to wonder if the injury isn't a little worse than the Raven's are letting on.  First he was only going to miss a week, now he won't play at all during the pre-season.  When will he at least practice?  It's also disturbing because he is missing valuable time to be able to build up some timing with Maclin.  Right now it looks like the defense will be improved from last year, but the offense looks no better and maybe even a little worse than last year.  

No one here knows the "truth".  But...if what we are being told is the truth, and Joe will have three weeks of practice but no preseason action, I'm fine with that. Why risk further injury from hits in meaningless games? 

Once again, that opinion is based upon if that's the truth. Which I suspect it is, or I believe Oz would be looking hard for a QB over Mallet at this stage. 

4 hours ago, mlatoman said:

No one here knows the "truth".  But...if what we are being told is the truth, and Joe will have three weeks of practice but no preseason action, I'm fine with that. Why risk further injury from hits in meaningless games? 

Once again, that opinion is based upon if that's the truth. Which I suspect it is, or I believe Oz would be looking hard for a QB over Mallet at this stage. 

And what about Perriman?  Here we go again with yet another mysterious injury.  Hamstring my ***.  You know as well as I do that his injury is more serious than Harbaugh is letting on.  Of course, Harbs doesn't talk about injuries so my approach is to expect the worst and go from there.