Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VOSA

Just In From Chicago

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, VOSA said:

City Of Chicago Offers Advice In Event Of Nuclear Attack

VOSA Offers Advice In Event Of Nuclear Attack.

Bend over and kiss your adz goodbye.

You mean all those drills in first grade during the Cuba missle Crisis where we hid under our desk in class were for not?

Edited by jonsensback

But remember...you had to put your head between your legs from a sitting position, and clasp your hands behind your neck.

Air Raid Drill - 1:00PM every Monday.

So we were either practicing kissing our collective asks goodbye...

...or doing stretching exercises using the "Bannon Method".

Just watched an old movie - "The Sum Of All Fears (2002) [Ben Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Ron Rifkin]".

Baltimore was hit by a nuclear explosion.

...a rather sobering vision...

Perhaps Chicago would be better served by learning how to prepare for a standard, violent weekend...

5 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Just watched an old movie - "The Sum Of All Fears (2002) [Ben Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Ron Rifkin]".

In a vending machine .......

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Would you survive if the nearest city were struck?

According to the map and of course other studies that I have read. The people in the actually blast zone could be considered to be the 'fortunate' ones. Bang it is over. It is the resulting fallout, lack of services and clean food and water and just plain chaos etc that will suck and create a prolonged living hell for the so-called survivors.

IMO.

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

According to the map and of course other studies that I have read. The people in the actually blast zone could be considered to be the 'fortunate' ones. Bang it is over. It is the resulting fallout, lack of services and clean food and water and just plain chaos etc that will suck and create a prolonged living hell for the so-called survivors.

IMO.

Do you remember the "ground zero club" from the bad old cold war days?

They published a list of likely nuclear targets with the premise that when the missiles start to fly folks should go to one of the sites and get it over with quickly and early.

Baltimore, however, is a target rich environment and one didn't have to travel much further than one's backyard.:o

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Do you remember the "ground zero club" from the bad old cold war days?

They published a list of likely nuclear targets with the premise that when the missiles start to fly folks should go to one of the sites and get it over with quickly and early.

Baltimore, however, is a target rich environment and one didn't have to travel much further than one's backyard.:o

Nope ... you got me on that one .... never heard of it.

But up until I was 30 I lived in a town that was about 20 miles from NYC as the crow flies. We were toast...regardless.

Sidebar. If you actually used the link that was provided. Even a dead on strike is really good for about 10 miles give or take.... it is the aftermath. God the aftermath.

People love the Zombie stuff....that is pretty much what it would be for those left behind IMO.

Edited by Guido2

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, jonsensback said:

You mean all those drills in first grade during the Cuba missle Crisis where we hid under our desk in class were for not?

Yeah, the school folks never told us we were hiding under kindling.

17 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Did the movie say how many billions of dollars worth of improvements the explosion did?

2 hours ago, VOSA said:

Did the movie say how many billions of dollars worth of improvements the explosion did?

:lol:

Posted (edited)

On 8/12/2017 at 2:52 AM, EL-FLIPPO said:

The Book was better, it was in Denver there. That movie had barely any relation to the book anymore by that time. Hollywoods' change to a neo-nazi fascist group enraged Clancy the most. Hollywood just couldn't carry through and Upset any Islamic peoples. Tom Clancy had Had It by this 3rd film with Hollywood and he was done. He didn't like Harrison Ford getting the role of Jack Ryan after the 1st movie and Hollywood changed the 2nd one, "Clear & Present Danger" so much that he didn't want to deal with them anymore. The 3rd film finished it all.

Edited by Bartman

6 hours ago, Bartman said:

The Book was better, it was in Denver there. That movie had barely any relation to the book anymore by that time. Hollywoods' change to a neo-nazi fascist group enraged Clancy the most. Hollywood just couldn't carry through and Upset any Islamic peoples. Tom Clancy had Had It by this 3rd film with Hollywood and he was done. He didn't like Harrison Ford getting the role of Jack Ryan after the 1st movie and Hollywood changed the 2nd one, "Clear & Present Danger" so much that he didn't want to deal with them anymore. The 3rd film finished it all.

It's been probably 2 decades since I read it but I would use the nuclear explosion in discussions about the technical details Clancy would get into .....

From the time of detonation to the time of explosion was a couple pages .....

I don't care for "fiction" and that book was a prime example of why I didn't consider his books fiction .....

Never looked at Michener as fiction either .....