Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Game Thread -- 8/11/17 -- Orioles at A's (Game 2)

26 posts in this topic

Schoop with a huge 2-run double.

O's take 4-3 lead!

Nice going, Brach.

Why not leave Givens in for another inning? He'd only thrown 15 pitches up to that point.

2 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Nice going, Brach.

Why not leave Givens in for another inning? He'd only thrown 15 pitches up to that point.

Agree.  Classic Robot Buck. Don't think outside the box, just push the auto-button. 

Trying to give these guys a chance but they're not a playoff team. This will be an inexcusable loss 

That's a real back breaker.  Brach has a tendency to choke up when a runner or runners get on.  Not real clutch in a jam.  With O'Day really sucking too, pen has a hole in it. 

5 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

That's a real back breaker.  Brach has a tendency to choke up when a runner or runners get on.  Not real clutch in a jam.  With O'Day really sucking too, pen has a hole in it. 

Maybe it's an oversimplification but Brach's problems do seem to be more mental than physical.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Maybe it's an oversimplification but Brach's problems do seem to be more mental than physical.

Totally agree.  And to me, the pen is a man short anyway with Tilly down there eating a hot dog at the end of the bench.  Not a big fan of Hart this year, but at least he is ok against LH in situational match ups.  And he got shipped out in favor of carrying an anchor.  Playing with 24 boyz. Way to go Buckeroo.  Your list of boners just keeps growing this year.  Lets get Hardy back in the starting line -up stat:lol:

10 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Totally agree.  And to me, the pen is a man short anyway with Tilly down there eating a hot dog at the end of the bench.  Not a big fan of Hart this year, but at least he is ok against LH in situational match ups.  And he got shipped out in favor of carrying an anchor.  Playing with 24 boyz. Way to go Buckeroo.  Your list of boners just keeps growing this year.  Lets get Hardy back in the starting line -up stat:lol:

Some part of me really wanted to win that contest to be able to have brunch with Buck.

;)

42 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Some part of me really wanted to win that contest to be able to have brunch with Buck.

;)

I still like Buck, but a few of his quirks drive me crazy.  And I think they cost us a few ball games too. Still very good though.

20 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I still like Buck, but a few of his quirks drive me crazy.  And I think they cost us a few ball games too. Still very good though.

I'm ready to see Buck move on to the next phase of his life.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

I'm ready to see Buck move on to the next phase of his life.

I'm Ok with Buck managing thru his deal next year, even though his blind loyalty to his guys has become increasingly frustrating.  I'm worried he slides into the GM role after DD leaves in 2018.  From what I've seen, that won't be good.