Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sprightly

Project Baltimore Investigation

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone been following this series?

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/project-baltimore-faqs-and-how-to-submit-a-story-idea

Grade changing allegations at city school, educators say "Shut It Down"

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/grade-changing-allegations-at-city-school-educators-say-shut-it-down

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/city-school-under-new-leadership-following-project-baltimore-report

City & State leaders react:

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/citystate-leaders-react-to-project-baltimore-investigation

I've watched some of the interviews with City school teachers (most disguised) and what they have had to say about being told to change grades, etc. is appalling. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

News flash. My wife and I have about 35 years in the county and other school systems.

We both witnessed teachers being pressured to 'reconsider' a students grades. I have had that happen to me.

This is not new. Well sort off it is. In this case it is to make the system look good. Generally it was in our experience, it was so a 'deserving' student/athlete could get the scholarship and/or accepted at all. Or could play 'the next big game'.

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

News flash. My wife and I have about 35 years in the county and other school systems.

We both witnessed teachers being pressured to 'reconsider' a students grades. I have had that happen to me.

This is not new. Well sort off it is. In this case it is to make the system look good. Generally it was in our experience, it was so a 'deserving' student/athlete could get the scholarship and/or accepted at all. Or could play 'the next big game'.

 

Okay. Clearly you didn't open the links and read the content and honestly, that's okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Okay. Clearly you didn't open the links and read the content and honestly, that's okay.

Ahh I did. I focused on this one.....http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/grade-changing-allegations-at-city-school-educators-say-shut-it-down

But I do think the first one is great http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/project-baltimore-faqs-and-how-to-submit-a-story-idea

And I was going to bookmark it but then I remembered I don't live in the city so my input would be invalid.

So, enlighten me....you posted 4 links....in summary ....what are you driving at as a single talking point. Not being a wise guy.

Signed, confused.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no "single talking points."  Look, comment or not on the content on the links. You really don't have to have something to say on every thread on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

There are no "single talking points."  Look, comment or not on the content on the links. You really don't have to have something to say on every thread on this forum.

HHmmmmm there are two ways I can approach your statement. Nasty or nice.... I will try nice.

So what is it....multiple talking points a single point....just throwing poop against the cage wall and see what sticks? What are they?

Hey last time I looked.... you post....I can comment. And last I looked there is no meter as to when where and how frequently I comment. Don't like it ....don't post.

Maybe if you actually put your thoughts in order, stated a position (or a just general info) statement you wouldn't be having this discussion with me.

Here is a clue for you regarding posting and response. If you throw out a whole bunch of poop that maybe somewhat related. If you don't string together the point of them...well gee wiz....expect...unexpected results.

Duh

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok I did. Then you seemed to imply that I didn't read everything....which silly me...means that you are driving at something. I only ask what that is.

Or were you just throwing stuff out there for our information? If so please preface your posts as such.

Then I (and others) won't try to engage in conversation. Simple as that.

You seem to have a propensity for telling posters how they should and should not post. Why don't you just worry about your own posts and I'll worry about mine? Deal? Deal.

The question is in the opening post: "Has anyone been following this series?" Your answer is "No." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Has anyone been following this series?

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/project-baltimore-faqs-and-how-to-submit-a-story-idea

Grade changing allegations at city school, educators say "Shut It Down"

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/grade-changing-allegations-at-city-school-educators-say-shut-it-down

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/city-school-under-new-leadership-following-project-baltimore-report

City & State leaders react:

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/citystate-leaders-react-to-project-baltimore-investigation

I've watched some of the interviews with City school teachers (most disguised) and what they have had to say about being told to change grades, etc. is appalling. 

 

Yeah, I've been following it.  Hard to believe that the city and the state aren't willing to looking into this whole series of allegations.

And now Baltimore is going to provide free community college education to city public school graduates.  Presumably, that also means that illegals who go to city schools will be included. 

Scandals seem to be the norm for city schools.  Does anyone remember how they sent people to that graduate-in-a-day diploma mill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

You seem to have a propensity for telling posters how they should and should not post. Why don't you just worry about your own posts and I'll worry about mine? Deal? Deal.

The question is in the opening post: "Has anyone been following this series?" Your answer is "No." 

And that sir/madam is a FLAT OUT LIE.

If you actually read back I commented on the changing grades thing... nothing more nothing less in response to your statement; I've watched some of the interviews with City school teachers (most disguised) and what they have had to say about being told to change grades, etc. is appalling. 

 

Then you started this BS.

 

1 hour ago, Sprightly said:

Okay. Clearly you didn't open the links and read the content and honestly, that's okay.

AND regarding this statement. You seem to have a propensity for telling posters how they should and should not post.

Sorry if I ask for clear statements and points...too bad if you don't like it. It is my way to clarify what the blip some people are talking about.

So I responded to other parts of your post. I thought I was backing you up.

But I realize now your focus was on 'diploma mills'. I missed your narrow focus. But maybe I didn't....since I 'backed you up'. But you missed that didn't you.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Yeah, I've been following it.  Hard to believe that the city and the state aren't willing to looking into this whole series of allegations.

And now Baltimore is going to provide free community college education to city public school graduates.  Presumably, that also means that illegals who go to city schools will be included. 

Scandals seem to be the norm for city schools.  Does anyone remember how they sent people to that graduate-in-a-day diploma mill?

The State and City have committed to investigating. I think Hogan will. Not as sure about the City. 100% of students tested in one school couldn't pass the test yet were graduated. And we wonder why there is so much crime in Baltimore? Think about cause and effect. The so-called adults have failed these kids. Mega kudos to the teachers who were willing to step forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And that sir/madam is a FLAT OUT LIE.

If you actually read back I commented on the changing grades thing... nothing more nothing less in response to your statement; I've watched some of the interviews with City school teachers (most disguised) and what they have had to say about being told to change grades, etc. is appalling. 

 

Then you started this BS.

 

AND regarding this statement. You seem to have a propensity for telling posters how they should and should not post.

Sorry if I ask for clear statements and points...too bad if you don't like it. It is my way to clarify what the blip some people are talking about.

So I responded to other parts of your post. I thought I was backing you up.

But I realize now your focus was on 'diploma mills'. I missed your narrow focus. But maybe I didn't....since I 'backed you up'. But you missed that didn't you.

I don't need you to back me up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's so incredibly obvious that the only thing that's going to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, and ultimately violence that Baltimore City (and so many big cities) have dealt with for decades is found in the classroom... is education.  Somehow convincing the parents of Baltimore City schools students to value the education their kids can get, convincing the kids that taking their education seriously will 98% of the time lead them to a much more safe, stable, productive adulthood than the alternative... only then will things begin to change on a larger scale for more people.

Politicians can keep griping about everything under the sun... taxes (too high, too low), tax inequality, income inequality, health care, public assistance / programs, law enforcement tactics, etc.  Doesn't really matter... everything else is just a diversion from the most important thing, or slapping a band-aid on a shark bite that needs a lot of stitches before the poor soul bleeds out.

 

Edited by Ravens2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

It's so incredibly obvious that the only thing that's going to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, and ultimately violence that Baltimore City (and so many big cities) have dealt with for decades is found in the classroom... is education.  Somehow convincing the parents of Baltimore City schools students to value the education their kids can get, convincing the kids that taking their education seriously will 98% of the time lead them to a much more safe, stable, productive adulthood than the alternative... only then will things begin to change on a larger scale for more people.

Politicians can keep griping about everything under the sun... taxes (too high, too low), tax inequality, income inequality, health care, public assistance / programs, law enforcement tactics, etc.  Doesn't really matter... everything else is just a diversion from the most important thing, or slapping a band-aid on a shark bite that needs a lot of stitches before the poor soul bleeds out.

 

They need daddies.  Daddies or at least one concerned parent or grandparent. Education and the rest would fall in place if they gave a crap about the kids they bring into this world and then basically abandon.  That ain't gonna happen anytime soon, if at all.  You can't change lifetime habits that are engrained.

City officials are complicit.  This doesn't happen without  their approval and a nod and a wink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0