EgyptKang

DNC leader says GOP is 'the party of racism

118 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2e106a5c-8f3e-3b71-8922-b9d009b6d1f6/dnc-leader-says-gop-is-'the.html

You hear Republicans say, 'We're the party of Lincoln.' He wouldn't recognize these people," said Rep. Keith Ellison, a congressman from Minnesota and Democratic National Committee deputy chairman. "The fact is that the Republican Party today is the party of racism. Now I'm not saying every Republican is a racist, but I'm saying their party does hold that up. ... It is the Republican Party in 2017 that says, 'wall them off, ban them out, no transgender in the military.' If it's mean, if it's racist, if it's greedy, it's coming from them

Yep most Republicans are racist and the ones who aren't don't hold the racist accountable.   There are some racist Democrats but the party as a whole doesn't project their racism. In this past election white people had a choice between the 2 of lesser evils (they of course made the worse choice), however, it is that way for black people in every election except maybe for President Obama and President Carter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not politically prudent. Voters dont like to hear the worst about themselves. But its nothing new:

From 2012

"Colin Powell's former chief of staff says the Republican Party is "full of racists" who only want President Obama out of office because he's black.

"Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists," Col. Lawrence Wilkerson said Friday on MSNBC's "The Ed Show." "And the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander in chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin. And that’s despicable.""

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we know the DNC is full of cut throats and back stabbers. And they will lie to their base to stay in power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Keith Ellison says the GOP is the party of racism? He is a man who converted to Islam and is a big fan of the racist Louis Farrakhan.

Come on EgyptKang. Ellison obviously has issues and saying the GOP is racist is painting with a very broad brush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Ellison

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how you try to change the topic, but you yourself can't even say he is wrong. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I felt he was painting with a broad brush. Not everyone in the GOP is racist and you know that. Maybe Ellison is a racist? He made the comments, he's fair game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The GOP "nut-uh, you!" in full effect.

Flimsy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

 

I'm sure David Duke is in Trump's inner circle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

I'm sure David Duke is in Trump's inner circle.  

 

Sebastian Gorka is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

And we know the DNC is full of cut throats and back stabbers. And they will lie to their base to stay in power. 

Interesting lack of denial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2e106a5c-8f3e-3b71-8922-b9d009b6d1f6/dnc-leader-says-gop-is-'the.html

 

Yep most Republicans are racist and the ones who aren't don't hold the racist accountable.   There are some racist Democrats but the party as a whole doesn't project their racism. In this past election white people had a choice between the 2 of lesser evils (they of course made the worse choice), however, it is that way for black people in every election except maybe for President Obama and President Carter.

Damn!  They're on to us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Calamari said:

I love how you try to change the topic, but you yourself can't even say he is wrong. :lol:

Keep laughing.....

How is pointing out that Ellison is also a man with a racist agenda changing the topic? He is the topic of this thread, since he is the one who made the accusation. And he is dead wrong when he says all Republicans are racist because of the party to which they belong. If you or anyone else agrees with him you are just as wrong. But of course liberals love to fan the flames of discord by calling everyone and everything they don't like "racist". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Papi said:

Keep laughing.....

How is pointing out that Ellison is also a man with a racist agenda changing the topic? He is the topic of this thread, since he is the one who made the accusation. And he is dead wrong when he says all Republicans are racist because of the party to which they belong. If you or anyone else agrees with him you are just as wrong. But of course liberals love to fan the flames of discord by calling everyone and everything they don't like "racist". 

It's clearly the white person's party, in membership and in policy. It nominated a birther to be its leader. It's gerrymandering policies and Supreme Court decisions  tend to reflect the interests of whites to the exclusion of others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, Keith Ellison belongs to a cult where women have little or no rights and homosexuals are beheaded and thrown off buildings.  If that radical wants to generalize, it's a two-way street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manny said:

Meanwhile, Keith Ellison belongs to a cult where women have little or no rights and homosexuals are beheaded and thrown off buildings.  If that radical wants to generalize, it's a two-way street.

And you and your ilk belong to a cult that believes in blowing up Abortion clinics and murdering abortion doctors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

And you and your ilk belong to a cult that believes in blowing up Abortion clinics and murdering abortion doctors.

Hilarious.  However, even if it were true, you're still ahead about 50,000,000 to 3.  You can take comfort in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Manny said:

Meanwhile, Keith Ellison belongs to a cult where women have little or no rights and homosexuals are beheaded and thrown off buildings.  If that radical wants to generalize, it's a two-way street.

His credibility is zero.  But, hey, point out facts and you're racist, fascist, homophobic....blah..blah...blah...ad nauseum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veritas said:

Hilarious.  However, even if it were true, you're still ahead about 50,000,000 to 3.  You can take comfort in that.

Where'd those numbers come from? I'm betting an anal cavity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heisenberg said:

Where'd those numbers come from? I'm betting an anal cavity. 

There have been well in excess of 50 million abortions since Roe v Wade.  I thought that was pretty common knowledge.  You should know it.  You're pretty common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, veritas said:

There have been well in excess of 50 million abortions since Roe v Wade.  I thought that was pretty common knowledge.  You should know it.  You're pretty common.

Oh we're counting abortions as terrorist victims? What a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heisenberg said:

Oh we're counting abortions as terrorist victims? What a joke. 

The joke was the original post I responded to.  If you're going to bring up the couple people killed by anti-abortion types then I'll bring up the aborted.  They're just as dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, veritas said:

The joke was the original post I responded to.  If you're going to bring up the couple people killed by anti-abortion types then I'll bring up the aborted.  They're just as dead.

So yes you're comparing terrorism victims to aborted fetuses who have no knowledge of a world outside the womb. Just admit it. 

Edited by Heisenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, veritas said:

There have been well in excess of 50 million abortions since Roe v Wade.  I thought that was pretty common knowledge.  You should know it.  You're pretty common.

I had no idea that abortion was so popular.

The fact is, there were quite a few before Roe v Wade. Making them legal didn't start abortions, they just protected the health of the woman.

Your post is disingenuous.

Edited by hst2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

So yes you're comparing terrorism victims to aborted fetuses who have no knowledge of a world outside the womb. Just admit it. 

Some guy murdered Dr. George Tiller.  Is he a murder victim or a victim of terrorism?  The guy who did it may be off his rocker.  That would open a whole host of killings to being categorized as terrorism.  I know you guys want to expand the definition as broadly as possible due to the fact that Islamic jihadists commit the vast majority of terrorist attacks but most people don't buy it.  I'd say that the mosque attack is terrorism or blowing up a clinic.  I would not agree that one guy exacting what he thought was justice, is terrorism by definition.  BTW, what does having knowledge of the world have to do with anything?  A newborn has no such knowledge but you can't smother one in its crib.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now