EgyptKang

DNC leader says GOP is 'the party of racism

118 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Keep laughing.....

How is pointing out that Ellison is also a man with a racist agenda changing the topic? He is the topic of this thread, since he is the one who made the accusation. And he is dead wrong when he says all Republicans are racist because of the party to which they belong. If you or anyone else agrees with him you are just as wrong. But of course liberals love to fan the flames of discord by calling everyone and everything they don't like "racist". 

What is Keith Ellison's racist agenda?

24 minutes ago, veritas said:

His credibility is zero.  But, hey, point out facts and you're racist, fascist, homophobic....blah..blah...blah...ad nauseum.

Yep. It's right out of Democrat playbook. Plus,  if they can throw "white privilege" in there, then they feel complete.

11 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I had no idea that abortion was so popular.

The fact is, there were quite a few before Roe v Wade. Making them legal didn't start abortions, they just protected the health of the woman.

Your post is disingenuous.

No, my post is completely factual and the claims that abortion was just as widespread before Roe, yet confined to back alleys and such, is totally unsupported.  The "health of the woman" is also a baseless refrain.  A tiny, tiny percentage are performed for that reason. Most are done simply because the child is inconvenient in one way or another.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Keep laughing.....

How is pointing out that Ellison is also a man with a racist agenda changing the topic? He is the topic of this thread, since he is the one who made the accusation. And he is dead wrong when he says all Republicans are racist because of the party to which they belong. If you or anyone else agrees with him you are just as wrong. But of course liberals love to fan the flames of discord by calling everyone and everything they don't like "racist". 

Except he never said all republicans are racist

20 minutes ago, veritas said:

Some guy murdered Dr. George Tiller.  Is he a murder victim or a victim of terrorism?  The guy who did it may be off his rocker.  That would open a whole host of killings to being categorized as terrorism.  I know you guys want to expand the definition as broadly as possible due to the fact that Islamic jihadists commit the vast majority of terrorist attacks but most people don't buy it.  I'd say that the mosque attack is terrorism or blowing up a clinic.  I would not agree that one guy exacting what he thought was justice, is terrorism by definition.  BTW, what does having knowledge of the world have to do with anything?  A newborn has no such knowledge but you can't smother one in its crib.  

True but it's not dependent on the mother at that point. I'm not saying it isn't wrong, but still, it's an absurd comparison 

20 minutes ago, veritas said:

Some guy murdered Dr. George Tiller.  Is he a murder victim or a victim of terrorism?  The guy who did it may be off his rocker.  That would open a whole host of killings to being categorized as terrorism.  I know you guys want to expand the definition as broadly as possible due to the fact that Islamic jihadists commit the vast majority of terrorist attacks but most people don't buy it.  I'd say that the mosque attack is terrorism or blowing up a clinic.  I would not agree that one guy exacting what he thought was justice, is terrorism by definition.  BTW, what does having knowledge of the world have to do with anything?  A newborn has no such knowledge but you can't smother one in its crib.  

True but it's not dependent on the mother at that point. I'm not saying it isn't wrong, but still, it's an absurd comparison 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, veritas said:

No, my post is completely factual and the claims that abortion was just as widespread before Roe, yet confined to back alleys and such, is totally unsupported.  The "health of the woman" is also a baseless refrain.  A tiny, tiny percentage are performed for that reason. Most are done simply because the child is inconvenient in one way or another.

Your post is wrong because it argues that abortions happen because of Roe v Wade, which is absurd. You misunderstand my point about women's health, which, is, legal abortions protect a woman's health in a way that illegal ones do not.

Meanwhile, today:

"Abortion rates are higher in countries where the procedure is illegal and nearly half of all abortions worldwide are unsafe, with the vast majority in developing countries, a new study concludes."

Link

Edited by hst2

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Your post is absurd because it argues that abortions happen because of Roe v Wade, which is absurd. You misunderstand my point about women's health, which, is, legal abortions protect a woman's health in a way that illegal ones do not.

Meanwile, today:

"Abortion rates are higher in countries where the procedure is illegal and nearly half of all abortions worldwide are unsafe, with the vast majority in developing countries, a new study concludes."

Link

They happen in greater numbers because we've made abortion on demand pretty much the standard everywhere and we also subsidize it.  Subsidize anything and you get more of it.  

22 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

What is Keith Ellison's racist agenda?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/02/keith-ellison-blacks-dont-have-an-obligation-to-obey-government

Keith Ellison: “Blacks don’t have an obligation” to obey government

February 24, 201711:45 am By Christine Douglass-Williams

The Muslim Brotherhood-linked Keith Ellison, the first Muslim to be elected to Congress, also has past ties to the Nation of Islam — a black Islamic supremacist, anti-white, anti-gay, anti-Catholic and virulently anti-Semitic group. He conveniently denounced his involvement with the group when it suited him in 2006, after it became an issue during his first run for Congress.

It would seem that no matter how much hatred Ellison has spewed against the U.S. and Israel, his documented Islamic supremacist ties, and his facilitating of the crudest divisions in racial politics, he is still a trusted and influential Democratic leader, and likely soon to be the Chair of the DNC.

Typical Democrat ?

2 minutes ago, Daan said:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/02/keith-ellison-blacks-dont-have-an-obligation-to-obey-government

The Muslim Brotherhood-linked Keith Ellison, the first Muslim to be elected to Congress, also has past ties to the Nation of Islam — a black Islamic supremacist, anti-white, anti-gay, anti-Catholic and virulently anti-Semitic group. He conveniently denounced his involvement with the group when it suited him in 2006, after it became an issue during his first run for Congress.

It would seem that no matter how much hatred Ellison has spewed against the U.S. and Israel, his documented Islamic supremacist ties, and his facilitating of the crudest divisions in racial politics, he is still a trusted and influential Democratic leader, and likely soon to be the Chair of the DNC.

Typical Democrat ?

He has the two attributes which make him untouchable in most liberal quarters:  he's a Dem and he's black.  Throw in the Muslim part and you have complete imperviousness.

1 minute ago, veritas said:

They happen in greater numbers because we've made abortion on demand pretty much the standard everywhere and we also subsidize it.  Subsidize anything and you get more of it.  

Your post is contradicted by the study listed above.

How do we subsidize It?

Dig up, now.

8 minutes ago, Daan said:

Typical Democrat ?

I'm not sure what they hate more, Ellison's "ties" (which is not supported by anything) to the Nation of Islam, or his repudiation of them over 10 years ago.

Is this the best you got?

Just now, hst2 said:

Your post is contradicted by the study listed above.

How do we subsidize It?

Dig up, now.

The study is irrelevant.  No study can show that we had as many abortions before Roe as after and the circumstantial and anecdotal evidence shows that we had many fewer.  This is only logical.  Abortion only becomes a need after you're pregnant and the easier it is to terminate that pregnancy, the less care you have to take about it happening. If not for greater contraceptive awareness, the numbers would be even bigger. We give a half billion to PP, which makes the lion's share of its money through abortion.  That's subsidizing it.

14 minutes ago, veritas said:

The study is irrelevant.  No study can show that we had as many abortions before Roe as after and the circumstantial and anecdotal evidence shows that we had many fewer.  This is only logical.  Abortion only becomes a need after you're pregnant and the easier it is to terminate that pregnancy, the less care you have to take about it happening. If not for greater contraceptive awareness, the numbers would be even bigger. We give a half billion to PP, which makes the lion's share of its money through abortion.  That's subsidizing it.

The study shows that abortions are more likely where it is illegal.

There may have been fewer before Roe v Wade, but your opposition to it only means you only object to too much of it, and to it being safe for women.

Ignoring for a moment that funding of PP does not go towards any abortions, your argument can be turned on its head by the simple fact that PP prevents millions of abortions by providing and promoting birth control.

These right-wing talking points run into a buzz saw of facts. 

Just now, hst2 said:

The study shows that abortions are more likely where it is illegal.

There may have been fewer before Roe v Wade, but your opposition to it only means you only object to too much of it, and to it being safe for women.

Ignoring for a moment that funding of PP does not go towards any abortions, your argument can be turned on its head by the simple fact that PP prevents millions of abortions by providing and promoting birth control.

These right-wing talking points run into a buzz saw of facts. 

Yet, I see arguments all the time about how PP will go under or fall apart if it loses federal money.  If that's the case, then said money keeps it thriving which means it continues its abortion business.  So, it is subsidized, regardless of the semantics.

Also, nice to see you attribute thoughts to me that I never expressed.  I object to it generally, so, obviously, more is worse.  I want it to be safe for women.  I just find the notion of the unborn as disposable refuse to be repellant.  That is the culture we have fostered.

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I'm not sure what they hate more, Ellison's "ties" (which is not supported by anything) to the Nation of Islam, or his repudiation of them over 10 years ago.

Is this the best you got?

BS!

Ellison actually wrote a letter of apology to the Rabbinical Assembly for his ties to the Nation of Islam.

Wonder why he had to do that ... :rolleyes:

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/358111/keith-ellison-tells-rabbis-he-regrets-past-ties-with-farrakhan/

Edited by Daan
link

The Donald has stolen the Democrats playbook of identity politics and race baiting for votes...hopefully this ugly episode in American history will shame the Democrats into changing.  

1 hour ago, Daan said:

Typical Democrat ?

He disavowed his radical past over a decade ago. Is that the best you got?

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

He disavowed his radical past over a decade ago. Is that the best you got?

Is a decade your statue of limits for bigotry and racism?  

1 minute ago, RileyMartin said:

Where is the bigotry and racism?

1 minute ago, RileyMartin said:

Doesn't everyone qualify for redemption?

10 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

The Donald has stolen the Democrats playbook of identity politics and race baiting for votes...hopefully this ugly episode in American history will shame the Democrats into changing.  

So we should be against equality? Perhaps you are on to something.

8 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Anyone who is willing to make a genuine apology for past wrongs I usually accept their apology

That includes former KKK member Robert Byrd. 

8 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Doesn't everyone qualify for redemption?

Funny how some people are selective about basic Christian teachings