soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

758 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Indecent exposure is not a first amendment right but I wouldn't expect you to know that. So yeah, if its on private property there isn't a thing the perpetually offended can do about it.  Sorry but what I find "vile and disgusting" are people who want to take away the 1st amendment rights of others because they are "offended" by history.  I see you are so "offended" that had to try to make an ignorant personal attack.  Pathetic.

Throw up whatever statue you want. Knock yourself out.

Me? I'm "offended" not by history, but by these white nationalists waving Nazi flags and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and injuring people. 

You want to disassociate your beliefs from these CSA flag waving pieces of **** (and I don't care if it's the battle flag, no difference to this bunch), fine. But realize you're losing that battle. The Confederacy imagery and legacy has been usurped by these hate filled rabid dogs. And let's be honest, there's a reason these types flock to that legacy.

13 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

First degree is pre-meditated

Second degree is a death that happens as a result of a violent act.

How is deliberately running over people with your car NOT premeditated?

3 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Throw up whatever statue you want. Knock yourself out.

Me? I'm "offended" not by history, but by these white nationalists waving Nazi flags and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and injuring people. 

You want to disassociate your beliefs from these CSA flag waving pieces of **** (and I don't care if it's the battle flag, no difference to this bunch), fine. But realize you're losing that battle. The Confederacy imagery and legacy has been usurped by these hate filled rabid dogs. And let's be honest, there's a reason these types flock to that legacy.

I know, those a**holes don't represent me and my position, in fact their actions work against it.  

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

It's deliberate yes, but not planned in advance. 

I'm not a lawyer. You can Google the difference between 1st and 2nd degree murder just as easy as I can. 

5 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

That would need to be proven.

16 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

I know, those a**holes don't represent me and my position, in fact their actions work against it.  

Not hardly.

You gotta admit, both sides look pretty stupid fighting each other. 

"Both sides" is the trick that Trump tried and why he's under withering criticism.

40 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Public spaces belong to everyone. And when the duly elected officials of a city or town or state decide it's time to remove a monument, it's time to remove a monument.

I found the chant of these clowns interesting: "You will not replace us/Jews will not replace us."

Simple question: Replace from what?

I have no interest the chants, but everyone pays for other public space , MLK Blvd etc for example    You have no right to destroy the monuments of other generations. Maybe someday someone will be offended by the Viet Nam Wall and will want it torn down.  What then. 

Raise money , build your own damn monument somewhere else. Build one to Chuck Berry if you like  . I'll   even chip in 10 bucks. 

12 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

"Both sides" is the trick that Trump tried and why he's under withering criticism.

The picture in today's Sun shows one of the "counter demonstrators" (the peaceful ones) picking up a large metal newspaper box and throwing it at one of the white supremicists. The caption under the picture confirms this. Doing things like that is going to result in at least an equally violent response from the a-holes representing the white supremicists. Sad that so called "peaceful protests" too often wind up with (indeed) "both sides" doing stupid and (often violent) things that incite the other side to respond in kind. 

I fault the city of Charlottesville for issung a permit for the demonstration in the first place. Let the a-holes who are denied a permit sue - and lose. A demonstration to protest the removal of a confederate statue was doomed to violence from the start, and the city fathers should have had the brains to know that. Charlottesville could have set a strong pre-emptive message that white supremicist trash are not welcome in the city by denying the permit, and perhaps three dead people would be alive this morning. :(

1 hour ago, Duke of Earl said:

Don't look .

PUBLIC PLACE - But I'll remember your advice the next time one of you alt righties whines and cries about gays kissing in public.

Sounds good to me . I won't look . Now do  me the same courtesy. 

19 hours ago, Duke of Earl said:

Keep your hands off our Confederate monuments and there will be no problem. 

What connection does Robert E Lee have to UVA?

These monuments to a lost war and just being used to further the hate that apparently a lot of people have in their hearts.  The civil war ended over 150 years ago.  The South lost so get over it.  Isn't that what you tell blacks about slavery.  That it happened over 150 years ago and to get over it.  

16 hours ago, naive said:

The alt/right showed up armed and ready. When you come to a protest with bats, long guns, body armor, etc., it won't be peaceful. They came looking for violence.

And tourches!

40 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

I have no interest the chants, but everyone pays for other public space , MLK Blvd etc for example    You have no right to destroy the monuments of other generations. Maybe someday someone will be offended by the Viet Nam Wall and will want it torn down.  What then. 

Raise money , build your own damn monument somewhere else. Build one to Chuck Berry if you like  . I'll   even chip in 10 bucks. 

The University decided to move it.

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

That would need to be proven.

He did it on purpose. Or are you saying he took a wrong turn?

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

To be fair if his intent was not to kill people it would be second degree.

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

White supremacy simply isn't part of our national ideal anymore. It was a mistake to make it one to begin with. Our national shame. Time has passed you by.

Edited by hst2

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

To be fair if his intent was not to kill people it would be second degree.

I guess that makes sense. It's just IMO how can one drive a speeding car into a crowd and not expect someone to be killed? This has been a method terrorists have recently used to kill people in crowded areas.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

I guess that makes sense. It's just IMO how can one drive a speeding car into a crowd and not expect someone to be killed? This has been a method terrorist have recently used to kill people in crowded areas.

I agree that is what a rational person would think but him and the president are not rational

5 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

He did it on purpose. Or are you saying he took a wrong turn?

A spur of the moment decision to run people over is not a pre-planned murder. If the prosecutor can prove dumb *** bought the car with the purpose of killing people with it is an example of 1st degree murder. 

"Heimbach said they’ve drawn energy from a new source, from someone who has given voice to their concerns about immigrants, refugees and Muslims — President Trump."

This must be the bigot donalds 'beautiful twitter account' he threaten to unleash on Meg Kelly.

pretty disgusting company donald and supporters/defenders keep.

16 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

What connection does Robert E Lee have to UVA?

The statue is not on the UVA campus, but even if it was,  I imagine that a large number of UVA students served in General Lee's Army of Northern Virginia 

17 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

These monuments to a lost war and just being used to further the hate that apparently a lot of people have in their hearts.  The civil war ended over 150 years ago.  The South lost so get over it.  Isn't that what you tell blacks about slavery.  That it happened over 150 years ago and to get over it.  

If it's over , why are you still "shootin'" at us . We'll get over  it when you leave us and our monuments alone .