soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

749 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

A lot the so called armed "anti Fascists"  were bused in from outside Virginia. 

So these crazy armed racists from outside of Charlottesville are terrorizing a town!

21 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Aside from which they are guilty of Treason!

1 minute ago, jtowne-swim said:

I don't think you understand. SCOTUS ruled that the states never left the union. Hence the federal government paid the CSA soldiers pensions! That was Texas v White!

This wasn't a case . This was advice. 

Also, If  the Confederates States   "never left" ,why did they have to be admitted back? 

Just now, Duke of Earl said:

Also, If  the Confederates States   "never left" ,why did they have to be admitted back? 

Read the case that said so. Texas v White clearly said states can not leave the union without the approval of the rest of the states.

24 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I have no idea what she's talking about. I guess she's trying to be cute.

What happened in Charlottesville is an embarrassment to our country. Our President's response was pathetic.  I saw that putrid excuse for a human, David Duke, on the news this morning and saw red.  I thought that perhaps the KKK and the like were dying out as the old men died. I was wrong. I am afraid that what happened in Charlottesville is just the beginning of more of the same.

for a rare moment, we agree....

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Not hardly.

Is that right, then perhaps you can tell me what my position is so I know how to respond to posts on this board.  Disgusting arrogance.

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So your ancestor killed my ancestor and you still want to fight about it.  People like you are what is wrong with the Middle East - people fighting feuds that no longer exist.

No I  don't want to fight . That's the point. Just leave Confederate descendants and the  monuments to  there ancestors  alone . Should be really easy .   BTW  one of my ancestors died also. 

2 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

you are trying just about every excuse to rationalize your white power attitude....congrats on being stuck in the 1860s.....I would imagine your 19 relatives would tell you it wasn't worth the loss of life....

I am also wondering when it became ok to support Facism in this country....I'm guessing November 2016.....

the confederacy was destroyed and now any public remnants from it should be removed, especially now given the fact these "monuments" to stupidity have become the rallying cry for a large number of white power organizations....

your relatives were on the wrong side of history...period...end of story....

Just now, Duke of Earl said:

No I  don't want to fight . That's the point. Just leave Confederate descendants and the  monuments to  there ancestors  alone . Should be really easy .   BTW  one of my ancestors died also. 

I'm a descendant of a Confederate veteran too. I'm fine with the monuments being moved to a museum 

20 minutes ago, naive said:

Dave Matthews had a far more articulate response than our president.

Dave Matthews Band is heartbroken and disgusted by the acts of racism, violence, and domestic terrorism in our hometown this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of these hateful acts. This is not the Charlottesville we know and love; we will work hard, hand-in-hand with our community to help us all heal from this sickening display of hate. Hate speech disguised as free speech is cowardly and shameful. Such speech gives permission to the hateful acts we witnessed today; there is nothing pure or acceptable, or philosophical about Nazism and racism masked as heritage or cultural purity. The multicultural tapestry of America need to come together, acknowledge our difficult history and set out to move directly away from it toward an inclusive, kinder, more intelligent future.

"What would you say, don't drop the big one...."

WWDD

😉

3 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Is that right, then perhaps you can tell me what my position is so I know how to respond to posts on this board.  Disgusting arrogance.

The Lost Cause myth, of course. Not to mention your support for equality that crumbles in the face of a majority of people using self-determination in their defense of slavery.

8 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The Lost Cause myth, of course. Not to mention your support for equality that crumbles in the face of a majority of people using self-determination in their defense of slavery.

Bullcrap.  Then name one thing that you claim I believe about the war that isn't true.  The only things I believe about the history of the war are things that were documented from primary sources.  While you make up (revise) history to suit your own false narrative. 

19 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

Then put the monuments to the lost Civil War on your private property.  Not everyone living in the South today has an ancestor who fought for the Confederacy and some have realized that the Civil War is over and their ancestors lost and not everyone living in the South today wants to see your display of hate.

15 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I'm a descendant of a Confederate veteran too. I'm fine with the monuments being moved to a museum 

Those that make that recommendation never keep their word. The Battle Flag that came down in South Carolina when Haley started all this mess was supposed  go to museum . THREE years later it hasn't.  The New Orleans monument are still setting in  trash yard.  

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Then put the monuments to the lost Civil War on your private property.  Not everyone living in the South today has an ancestor who fought for the Confederacy and some have realized that the Civil War is over and their ancestors lost and not everyone living in the South today wants to see your display of hate.

Once again, a display of intolerance by those that claim respect  for tolerance and diversity .

1 minute ago, Duke of Earl said:

Once again, a display of intolerance by those that claim respect  for tolerance and diversity .

It doesn't mean we must be tolerant of Neo-Nazis or Neo-Confederates 

Much in the same way most are not tolerant of Radical Islamists 

5 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

So supporting and reveling in slavery of blacks is deserving of respect for tolerance and diversity?

How does that work exactly?

10 hours ago, ericpd said:

OMG! Boy if that were my son, I'da dropped those hoodlums before they could exhale. I'm up to date with all MPTC creds, VA is reciprocal,... and well versed in how to end that kinda violence in a hurry! Oh man,... don't even wanna think about my boy going thru nonsense like that. So sad. C'mon trump denounce this with no uncertain words,... with no ambiguity! Lead!

So let's say Trump came out with this statement: " I, Donald J. Trump, POTUS denounce, disown, and place 100% blame on the White Supemacists that caused this death and destruction." Do you really believe it would make a dimes bit of difference? Like when baby Bush said "The religion of peace". I don't see it. Racist's will be racist's. You won't change their mind.

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

So let's say Trump came out with this statement: " I, Donald J. Trump, POTUS denounce, disown, and place 100% blame on the White Supemacists that caused this death and destruction." Do you really believe it would make a dimes bit of difference? Like when baby Bush said "The religion of peace". I don't see it. Racist's will be racist's. You won't change their mind.

Sure but it's very telling how Trump attacks everything and everyone except Russia and his White Supremacist supporters 

30 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Nice straw man. 

Had the president came out and in no uncertain terms slammed nazism and the neo-nazis that were all but goose-stepping yesterday and Friday night, he'd have been [gasp] presidential.

But he had no use for that. In doing what he did, he conflated and rose the message of those neo-nazis, and David Duke recognized and thanked him for it straight away.

Come on dude. You're better than this.

1 hour ago, naive said:

Dave Matthews had a far more articulate response than our president.

So did pretty much everyone. Hell, Duke of Earl would've given a better response, at least it would've been honest.

Not written by me , but accurate just the same .

A group in Charlottesville got a permit to hold a protest against the city's effort to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee. The "Antifa" which is a self-described communist group, showed up for the purpose of attacking the group. The police stood down and allowed the attack to take place. The government said the permit holders had to cease their protest. The "Antifa," with the city's assistance, succeeded in disrupting the event."

Edited by Duke of Earl