soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

758 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

Pleasing you is not important to me.

Posting the same things that don't say much means more to you .......

4 hours ago, dogstarman said:

There is a very simple (but admittedly expensive) solution to so-called voter-id fraud.The thing is Republicans hate it. 

The solution is a national ID card system. Trusted third party authentication that can be used for a huge number of scenarios to cut red tape and streamline all processes where somebody needs to prove their identity-- including voting.

For whatever reason, Republicans think that voter registration and a driver's license is "enough". If you want to be technically correct that is far from perfect and if some individuals want to perform voter fraud a driver's license won't stop them. It is very effective, however, in disenfranchising those who do not have a driver's license, if you require that for voting.

Stop making sense.  The purpose of the screeching about voter identification is not to solve a problem, it is to block certain people from voting.  The usual suspects have no intention of addressing a legitimate issue. 

So now a bust of Abe has been torched. Next is Washington.

Everyone happy now? Is your life oh-so-much better?

Edited by Sprightly

1 minute ago, Sprightly said:

So now a bush of Abe has been torched. Next is Washington.

Everyone happy now? Is you life oh-so-much better?

What is 'a bush of Abe'?

22 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

What is 'a bush of Abe'?

It was a typo. You probably never make those. So sorry.

12 hours ago, banner1124 said:

OK, so either you don't get what we are saying or you're being completely dishonest about it.  Not one person has suggested that anyone is dumb for feeling better ID is essential.  No one has suggested that a system where you don't have to identify yourself at all is secure.  However, you have ONCE AGAIN completely sidestepped the issues raised in many previous posts.  You STILL have yet to explain to any of us how all of the things we mentioned -- elimination of early and Sunday voting, eliminating early voting locations, requiring a certain ID and then closing down the locations to get said ID in rural and minority locations making it much harder for them to actually obtain the ID, purging voter roles using the fraudulent cross check system where they don't even take into account things like middle names, suffixes, not allowing student ID's but accepting concealed carry permits, etc.... and on and on and on -- have ANYTHING to do with ensuring the integrity of the vote.  ALL of those things serve only to suppress the vote.  You know it, I know it, and at times folks in the GOP have actually admitted it but you refuse to admit it.  Hell, you refuse to even acknowledge that those things happen and you keep skipping over all of it in these lame responses.  Remarkably pathetic on your part.

You fail to recognize that the ONLY THING I HAVE CALLED FOR IS BETTER VOTER ID. That you want to use that position to get me suckered into some debate over other issues related to voting is your problem. I am not going for your baiting.