soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

767 posts in this topic

And, yet again, Trump fails to rise to the occasion.

3 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

My contact, for want of a better word, said that he saw people performing CPR on one victim and also said he saw several head wounds.

Tinted windows, didn't look like there was a license plate although I don't if Virginia requires a front plate.

They do. 

4 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

My contact, for want of a better word, said that he saw people performing CPR on one victim and also said he saw several head wounds.

Tinted windows, didn't look like there was a license plate although I don't if Virginia requires a front plate.

Virginia does require front plate. That doesn't mean the culprit is from Virginia.

Posted (edited)

dU_6-LFL_normal.jpg Paul Ryan

@SpeakerRyan 

The views fueling the spectacle in Charlottesville are repugnant. Let it only serve to unite Americans against this kind of vile bigotry.

Hollow words from the "speaker"
When asked about his hate filled campaign, donald respond "No regrets".
donald is the head bigot, yet our "leaders" continue to turn a blind eye.

Edited by ODENTON

1 minute ago, ODENTON said:

dU_6-LFL_normal.jpg Paul Ryan

@SpeakerRyan 

The views fueling the spectacle in Charlottesville are repugnant. Let it only serve to unite Americans against this kind of vile bigotry.

Hollow words from the "speaker"
When asked about his hate filled campaign, donald respond "No regrets".
donald is the head bigot, yet our "leaders" continue to turn a blind eye.

Ryan is an enabler. There was a time that I thought better of him. I was fooled.

Very generic tweets from all the Republicans. It's almost as if they're attempting to avoid criticizing a certain specific group. 

Just now, michiganjoe said:

Very generic tweets from all the Republicans. It's almost as if they're attempting to avoid criticizing a certain specific group. 

There is no almost about it. They're afraid they will lose the bigot vote if they make too harsh of statements against these idiots.

7 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Ryan is an enabler. There was a time that I thought better of him. I was fooled.

can't say that I ever did

2 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Gillespie is running for governor of Virginia.

Looking forward to sending him packing in November. 

40 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

Keep your hands off our Confederate monuments and there will be no problem. 

Keep your racists and hate filled confederate monuments off of our public space and out of our public view and there will be no problem. We're tired of it,... no more trying to explain reason hoping that there's something of the Golden Rule left in you! No more! America wants these iconic remnants of racism, hate, bigotry, slavery and treason gone! GONE! No more holding these criminals of humanity and criminals of the American Constitution high and holy,... NO MORE!

28 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

It most likely pains the hate monger to think of those 3 words.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, ericpd said:

Keep your racists and hate filled confederate monuments off of our public space and out of our public view and there will be no problem. We're tired of it,... no more trying to explain reason hoping that there's something of the Golden Rule left in you! No more! America wants these iconic remnants of racism, hate, bigotry, slavery and treason gone! GONE! No more holding these criminals of humanity and criminals of the American Constitution high and holy,... NO MORE!

Says who? You?  :lol:

I agree those statues should not be on public property but they should be moved to private property in clear view of the public.  

Edited by Smokey 1

5 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

I agree those statues should not be on public property but they should be moved to private property in clear view of the public.  

As far as I know the statue is only being moved, not removed entirely. Just removed from the park. 

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

He doesn't care because the terrorist isn't Muslim

Late asking this but which "side" started the rioting?

18 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Can't quit agree with   you on this Smokey. Our brave Confederate heroes fought for their States and towns. Their monument should stay  on court house lawns and on state and city building property. The President called  for  healing. I agree. There   will be no healing until our monuments are left alone . 

2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

On this forum, it depends on who you ask. B)

3 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

The alt/right showed up armed and ready. When you come to a protest with bats, long guns, body armor, etc., it won't be peaceful. They came looking for violence.