soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

749 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Then why ask the question. I had the rare opportunity to talk with someone that was there. It doesn't happen often. And what evidence can I present on an anonymous forum of a phone call? Do you want her number? Her student ID? Social Security number? I'm sorry I wasted my time even answering your question (and if you notice I really didn't have too much information as it was only what she saw). I also didn't say who threw the first punch, because I don't know and neither did she.  Fox News is probably the best bet at getting the answers you want. I hear they are the only news network endorsed by Trump - the pillar of truth. :D

 

No. You're just acting all weird with insinuations not based in reality. I'm sorry you wasted your time because you will never get that 15 seconds back! :)

Now I have to leave for a wedding. Have a lovely evening. And do try to get over this encounter fairly quickly! :)

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, regularguy said:

"Who started it?" Basically both sides did. Both the far-right crazies and the far-left crazies came ready - and hoping - for a violent confrontation. Sadly, they both got what they wanted.

The car plowing into (apparently peaceful) demonstrators is a ridiculous escalation, however. The far-right participants will have that shame hanging over their heads.

 

I doubt shame bothers the far-right. 

Edited by ODENTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ODENTON said:

I doubt shame bothers the far right. 

Or the far left,   who went into the den of evil to cause a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, regularguy said:

"Who started it?" Basically both sides did. Both the far-right crazies and the far-left crazies came ready - and hoping - for a violent confrontation. Sadly, they both got what they wanted.

100%. There are people on both sides of these things who show up spoiling for a fight. Trying to sort out exactly what happened, when the reality is probably multiple independent confrontations, is pointless.

Someone said the police should have done a better job keeping these groups apart. I'm not sure how possible that was here. Maybe in the future the National Guard should line the parade routes when the Nazi brigades come to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, regularguy said:

"Who started it?" Basically both sides did. Both the far-right crazies and the far-left crazies came ready - and hoping - for a violent confrontation. Sadly, they both got what they wanted.

The car plowing into (apparently peaceful) demonstrators is a ridiculous escalation, however. The far-right participants will have that shame hanging over their heads.

 

Condemning Neo-Nazis was a layup for Trump but he couldn't even do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I really thought you were being sincere when you asked the question. Looking back I see that you were not. Were you trying to find someone to blame?

Bingo!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheBaldGuy said:

Or the far left,   who went into the den of evil to cause a fight.

'Den of evil'? Charlottesville is pretty nice, shame the racist had to chose it to vent their hate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ODENTON said:

'Den of evil'? Charlottesville is pretty nice, shame the racist had to chose it to vent their hate. 

The den of evil is the group of haters. 

 

Both the alt right and alt left hate each other.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheBaldGuy said:

The den of evil is the group of haters. 

 

Both the alt right and alt left hate each other.    

The racist were shouting 'you will not replace us'..........maybe you know the answer. Who is trying to replace them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ODENTON said:

"President Trump declines to specifically condemn white supremacist and neo-Nazis."

Extremely hard to do if you hold the same views and I believe he does (campaign of hate)

Bingo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sprightly said:

People still haven't learned to protest civilly. Pity but you go for a fight, you get a fight. That means all of them.

Hahahaha! Now that's funny Sprightly. Here you have a guy that could teach civil protest at any Ivy League school,... pick one! Engaged in it himself to protest police brutality and systemic racism. And now this is professor of Civil Protest done right is finding it hard to land employment in his profession because of knuckleheads like you who haven't learned a damned thing about civil protest and the many lives sacrificed so that, again, knuckleheads like you could exercise it. 

Edited by ericpd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even worse than the time the right shot that protester earlier this year.

They're only going to get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBaldGuy said:

The suspect is in custody and will be charged with causing the death of at least one person. 

And he should charged with wrecking a nice car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

And he should charged with wrecking a nice car. 

Wow. If that's supposed to be a joke, it's in no way funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

Late asking this but which "side" started the rioting?

The Nazis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

100%. There are people on both sides of these things who show up spoiling for a fight. Trying to sort out exactly what happened, when the reality is probably multiple independent confrontations, is pointless.

Someone said the police should have done a better job keeping these groups apart. I'm not sure how possible that was here. Maybe in the future the National Guard should line the parade routes when the Nazi brigades come to town.

The video clearly shows people walking down the street peacefully and the car speeding at them from behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The video clearly shows people walking down the street peacefully and the car speeding at them from behind.

Sprightly wants to blame whomever threw the first punch at the car instead, should they find one in the wreckage. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Sprightly wants to blame whomever threw the first punch at the car instead, should they find one in the wreckage. :rolleyes:

No one threw the first punch at the car. The video shows the car speeding into a crowd of people who are clearly walking in the other direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

No one threw the first punch at the car. The video shows the car speeding into a crowd of people who are clearly walking in the other direction.

Sarcasm, son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time when everyone could agree that Nazis are scum.  I see a lot of mental gymnastics from posters and Presidents that can't seem to agree with that statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Sprightly wants to blame whomever threw the first punch at the car instead, should they find one in the wreckage. :rolleyes:

Maybe his sheets just came back from the dry cleaners and he had to pick them up before closing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now