soulflower

AltRight/NeoNazis protest in Charlottesville

767 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Bingo!

The thing with Sprightly is that she asks questions but only wants the answers she thinks are right. If it deviates from her thoughts/agenda she dismisses it and tries to discredit the posters that contradict her. If I gave her an answer she wanted then she would have reacted quite differently. It just seems she was looking for someone to blame when there just wasn't enough information to do that.

So far the account I was given has come out true. It will be interesting to see if the local authorities were expecting anything like transpired. I don't think they could have stopped a madman with a car no matter how prepared they were. I'm glad that they reportedly have him in custody. This is a sad day for America.

Edited by ncbirdfan

I'm hearing that the  car driver  that cause all the injuries was one of the so called "anti Fascists." 

50 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

The video clearly shows people walking down the street peacefully and the car speeding at them from behind.

The alt-right and their supporters are already putting out fake news that the car swerved because an anti-protester throw a rock at it.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

It's Obama's fault. And the people who voted for him. If he hadn't run and won, whites would be not be so aggrieved that they'd elect a this government: a presidency steeped in white nationalism, and a Republican Congress that, like president, believes that those who do not support them are not a loyal opposition to be debated and compromised with, but an enemy to be destroyed.

Had it not been for "whites" there would have been no President Obama.  Sheesh... and that's recent history.  Our poor kids!

2 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Virginia AG with a direct shot at Trump's pathetic statement.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, michiganjoe said:

Virginia AG with a direct shot at Trump's pathetic statement.

I guess the Gov   see didn't the so called anti Fascists. with helmets  , clubs,   and masks, throwing bricks, water bottles  etc .

Edited by Duke of Earl

4 hours ago, Duke of Earl said:

Can't quit agree with   you on this Smokey. Our brave Confederate heroes fought for their States and towns. Their monument should stay  on court house lawns and on state and city building property. The President called  for  healing. I agree. There   will be no healing until our monuments are left alone . 

As long as they are on public property they are subject to removal and destruction.  If they are on private property but still visible to the public there isn't a thing the whiners and criers can do about them. 

1 hour ago, demopublican said:

There was a time when everyone could agree that Nazis are scum.  I see a lot of mental gymnastics from posters and Presidents that can't seem to agree with that statement. 

A favorite JFK quote: "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.'

5 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Twitter; the bane of leftists everywhere, save when it suits their fancy. :rolleyes:

No just Trumps......

:D

1 hour ago, Duke of Earl said:

I'm hearing that the  car driver  that cause all the injuries was one of the so called "anti Fascists." 

Beware of the voices in your head.

Posted (edited)

The po po sure did give all those white people a lotta space to destroy... :huh:

If that had been a black crowd it would've never been allowed to escalate like it did. 

Edited by Marshan Man

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, hst2 said:

A favorite JFK quote: "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.'

I'm pretty sure it wasn't JFK who said that. At least he wasn't the originator. It was Dante Alighieri.

Edited by ncbirdfan

I took a look at a couple of the clashes. How can you tell who's who? Looked like a scene from Braveheart .:huh:

7 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I took a look at a couple of the clashes. How can you tell who's who? Looked like a scene from Braveheart .:huh:

The terrorist plowed into a crowd of people holding picket signs. Sure, there were some Anti-Nazi groups fighting with the Nazis but the people who were injured by the car were non-violent protesters 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

The video clearly shows people walking down the street peacefully and the car speeding at them from behind.

So in that particular case you can assign blame to the white supremacist Nazis. Are you comfortable assigning blame to them for every single act of violence that occurred today? I'm not, let's face it some of these 'antifa' protestors aren't exactly the kumbaya type either.

And I'm not trying to make a 'both sides' argument. I just don't find the back and forth over who hit who first in each and every case particularly interesting or relevant. The larger picture of white supremacist Nazis marching around in support of the President is of much greater concern.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

"Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism." Sen.Cory Gardner(R)

surprising

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The terrorist plowed into a crowd of people holding picket signs. Sure, there were some Anti-Nazi groups fighting with the Nazis but the people who were injured by the car were non-violent protesters 

I saw that. It didn't look like anybody was fighting at all, then a car comes rolling thru the crowd, bodies flying everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

So in that particular case you can assign blame to the white supremacist Nazis. Are you comfortable assigning blame to them for every single act of violence that occurred today? I'm lot, let's face it some of these 'antifa' protestors aren't exactly the kumbaya type either.

And I'm not trying to make a 'both sides' argument. I just don't find the back and forth over who hit who first in each and every case particularly interesting or relevant. The larger picture of white supremacist Nazis marching around in support of the President is of much greater concern.

The Nazis got the reaction they expected from the Antifa people. Both groups anticipated violence. 

However, there were lots of other groups involved in the counter protest and probably 95% of them were not violent. 

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

The Nazis got the reaction they expected from the Antifa people. Both groups anticipated violence. 

However, there were lots of other groups involved in the counter protest and probably 95% of them were not violent. 

This is what's being overlooked by many. It's the violent ones who get the media attention and it's almost like peaceful demonstrations cannot exist without these other violent groups getting involved.

The news mentioned several times that there were a lot of protesters openly carrying guns. Va. is a shall issue state. Was anybody shot?

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

This is what's being overlooked by many. It's the violent ones who get the media attention and it's almost like peaceful demonstrations cannot exist without these other violent groups getting involved.

That's prolly why they kept showing the same 2 or 3 film clips. Since hundreds of protestors were there I was wondering why the same couple of clashes were being shown.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

What if it's a situation where you don't agree with either side?

Two Troopers Dead!  Dear Lord.

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

What if it's a situation where you don't agree with either side?

I don't agree with the bigots who held the rally. I agree with those who peacefully demonstrated against them. I don't agree with any group that committed violence and chaos.

Just now, workerbee said:

Two Troopers Dead!  Dear Lord.

Really? That's terrible.