Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flu

Getting my move on soon

3 posts in this topic

Well, I'm in the process of buying a house in Delaware. My GF and I both work in Delaware and the double taxes thing is eating us up moneywise each tax season. So we've decided to buy a house together and make the move. We only live 5 miles from the Delaware line now as it is. But after the move we'll be about 5 miles from the Maryland line.

The scary part for me is that it looks like I'll be paying two mortgages or at least 1 1/2 mortgages. My current house that is only in my name is for sale but hasn't sold yet. It's older and needs a lot of work and is being sold in as is condition. The land it sits on is worth pretty much what the asking place for the whole thing is. But we haven't had any nibbles yet. As for renting it out I don't feel it is in the best condition to rent it out either. So money is going to get a bit tight until it does sell. I guess if it comes right down to it I'll pick up a part time job to help.

But overall we both are excited about it. She is especially because it is her first home she has bought. So this is a big accomplishment for her.

B)

Long time ago friend and I talking about Retirement and I think that Delaware was ranked like 2nd best tax wise for retirees. Way back when I'd run around the whole area on business, I had some work to do in Delaware. Remember seeing the trailer retirement communities on the water I think on Indian River. Looked nice, your own trailer and your own dock for your boat.