Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Avalon takes the most interesting schedule award for 2017

8 posts in this topic

13 (13!) regular season games, , two games vs. Canadian schools, two games in one week (at CHC on a Wednesday, at Saint James on a Saturday) and a random trip to Texas to play a 4-8 5A school.

Avalon School (Home Games Played at Martin Luther King Jr. Recreational Park, Silver Spring):

Week -1 (8/19)- at Canada Prep (CN)

Week 0 (8/25)- at Ballou (DC)

Week 1 (9/1)- at DeMatha

Week 2 (9/8)- at Sulphur Springs (TX)

Week 3 (9/15)- at Bullis

Week 4 (9/23)- at Gonzaga (DC)

Week 5 (9/29)- Patterson

Week 6 (10/6)- Kingsman Academy (DC)

Week 7- BYE

Week 8 (10/20)- Saint Joseph's (CN)

Week 9 (10/27)- Benedictine (VA)

Week 10A (11/1)- at Calvert Hall

Week 10B (11/4)- at Saint James

Week 11 (11/10)- at Saint Mary's Ryken

I respect that schedule. Not afraid of competition. Bravo, Avalon. 

I am pretty positive Avalon cannot compete against Patterson on Week 5 as Avalon is not approved by the MPSSAA sanctioning. I would know this for obvious reasons eagle. LOL

As of August 7, Avalon is still not a sanctioned MPSSAA non-member school. Nor have they been for a few years. Maybe they finally get sanctioned before the first play date, I dunno.
http://www.mpssaa.org/schools/sanctioning/approved-non-member-schools/

3 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

13 (13!) regular season games, , two games vs. Canadian schools, two games in one week (at CHC on a Wednesday, at Saint James on a Saturday) and a random trip to Texas to play a 4-8 5A school.

Avalon School (Home Games Played at Martin Luther King Jr. Recreational Park, Silver Spring):

Week -1 (8/19)- at Canada Prep (CN)

Week 0 (8/25)- at Ballou (DC)

Week 1 (9/1)- at DeMatha

Week 2 (9/8)- at Sulphur Springs (TX)

Week 3 (9/15)- at Bullis

Week 4 (9/23)- at Gonzaga (DC)

Week 5 (9/29)- Patterson

Week 6 (10/6)- Kingsman Academy (DC)

Week 7- BYE

Week 8 (10/20)- Saint Joseph's (CN)

Week 9 (10/27)- Benedictine (VA)

Week 10A (11/1)- at Calvert Hall

Week 10B (11/4)- at Saint James

Week 11 (11/10)- at Saint Mary's Ryken

Somebody got some cheddar in their pockets!!  Two trips to Canada and a trip to Texas ??  Not cheap at all....

Sho

Check PM for what I just sent to look over...

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Somebody got some cheddar in their pockets!!  Two trips to Canada and a trip to Texas ??  Not cheap at all....

One of the TX guys on the national board said that Sulphur Springs lost their Week 2 opponent late (was supposed to be a school from Washington state) and they're having the grand opening ceremony for their brand new stadium that week. My guess is between the gate split they can offer (old stadium was selling out at 6,000; new stadium is bigger) and the money that a booster club could raise they can offset most if not all of Avalon's travel costs.

Here's the architect's page for the new Sulphur Springs stadium: https://www.potter-architects.com/sulphur-springs-isd-football-stadium.html

They already have an indoor facility.

The Canadian teams usually play their "home" games in the Buffalo/Syracuse area so US teams don't have to go through the hassle of getting passports for their whole roster & coaching staff. 

3 hours ago, TDHelmick said:

I am pretty positive Avalon cannot compete against Patterson on Week 5 as Avalon is not approved by the MPSSAA sanctioning. I would know this for obvious reasons eagle. LOL

As of August 7, Avalon is still not a sanctioned MPSSAA non-member school. Nor have they been for a few years. Maybe they finally get sanctioned before the first play date, I dunno.
http://www.mpssaa.org/schools/sanctioning/approved-non-member-schools/

I'm going to guess that the contract was signed without ever checking the approved non-members list 

2 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

I'm going to guess that the contract was signed without ever checking the approved non-members list 

I had that happen to me in 2015 with Avalon. Luckily I found out before August got here. Someone should probably let Patterson know before it's too late. I can guarantee that if nothing has changed with their sanctioned status Avalon cannot play any MPSSAA school. And I was told back in the winter Avalon was not available to play.