Guido2

Ad audio and no ad on Win 10

6 posts in this topic

OK this has been a bit weird. After the latest Win 10 forced upgrade/patch I will be on a any given web page and I am getting advertisement audio which generally is totally unrelated to the page I am looking at. I mean; I am on a hardware page and getting a voice ad for female hygiene stuff....really!

I check what I have open re web pages and there is no coinciding ads/pop-ups that I can see. I check Task manager...and see nothing there either.

Anybody else having this experience. It is very annoying having to hit the mute button.

Thanks in advance, Guido.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Remove Video And Audio Ads From Windows Background (Removal Guide)

If you hearing random audio ads in the Windows background while browsing the Internet, then it is possible that your computer is infected with an adware program.

The adware responsible for these random audio ads in background is bundled with other free software that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed adware without your knowledge.

Once this malicious program is installed, whenever you will browse the Internet, an random audio ad will play in the background. These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the adware publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

Instructions in link.

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, EL-FLIPPO said:

Remove Video And Audio Ads From Windows Background (Removal Guide)

If you hearing random audio ads in the Windows background while browsing the Internet, then it is possible that your computer is infected with an adware program.

The adware responsible for these random audio ads in background is bundled with other free software that you download off of the Internet. Unfortunately, some free downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed and you may find that you have installed adware without your knowledge.

Once this malicious program is installed, whenever you will browse the Internet, an random audio ad will play in the background. These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the adware publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.

Instructions in link.

Thanks, I pretty much have done what suggested...ran Heavy Duty scans... Malware, Spybot, Afee etc. Picked throught the task manager saw no recognizable tell tail executables.

And it seems to have subsided after a few removals. But it still comes up from time to time.

I will investigate using the tools suggested in the link you provided.

Thanks for the help.

Guido.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too Many or Bad JAVA scripts, I get that from time to time on the UK Daily Mail site. Haven't run across it that much elsewhere. They have Ads & Videos popping up but you hear the audio before the pop up screen comes on. Then when it does pop up it won't go away when you click it immediately. Some sites are just trying to cram too much Stuff on the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get audio ads (usually for Cadillac) on this talk board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bartman said:

Too Many or Bad JAVA scripts, I get that from time to time on the UK Daily Mail site. Haven't run across it that much elsewhere. They have Ads & Videos popping up but you hear the audio before the pop up screen comes on. Then when it does pop up it won't go away when you click it immediately. Some sites are just trying to cram too much Stuff on the page.

 

1 hour ago, Baltimatt said:

I get audio ads (usually for Cadillac) on this talk board.

As I said after I made some fixes....things seem to have calmed down. However as you state I suspect you are correct about bad JAVA code. I use Firefox and I have just noted (particularly on this forum page thx matt for that lead it helped me realize).... that when you select a page the  loading arrow/circle tends to run stop run on the webpage tab.....is when I get mystery ads. Can't attest if they are strictly Cadillac...I generally hit the mute button. :D This run stop also seems to apply to other pages as well from my recollection.

 

It is very annoying ....especially if one is trying to listen to somebodies vid link.

Ohhh I also noticed,,,,, can't remember specifically what pages...if there is some sort of embedded vid ad....seem to always be in the right side.....if they seem to be visually studdering flickering....sort of like Max Headroom. I always get a background ad.

Here is a tip...and I use it all the time .....in Firefox on the address bar some link addresses present you an icon ....sort of looks like an open book....hit it...and it dumps the page into read only...No ads of any sort. Just strictly copy....so what would take 15 minutes to pick through to get by the garbage can now be read in minutes.  HOWEVER, our wonderful forum page does not like it  and it comes out in a weird format.....figures. :lol:

Thanks guys, I'll post if I stumble across anything else...hope you do also.

Have a great day.

Guido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now