Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyboy56

"Made In China" Clothes Manufactured In North Korea

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-labour-china-insight-idUSKBN1AT00Q?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+(News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News)

DANDONG, China (Reuters) - Chinese textile firms are increasingly using North Korean factories to take advantage of cheaper labor across the border, traders and businesses in the border city of Dandong told Reuters. 

The clothes made in North Korea are labeled "Made in China" and exported across the world, they said. 

Using North Korea to produce cheap clothes for sale around the globe shows that for every door that is closed by ever-tightening U.N. sanctions another one may open. The UN sanctions, introduced to punish North Korea for its missile and nuclear programs, do not include any bans on textile exports.

Edited by flyboy56

The UN sanctions are punishing the people of N.Korea for what Kim Jong Un is saying because of what Donald Trump is saying. Kim Jong Un will not miss one meal because of any UN sanctions. His people, the Korean citizens, many will miss several meals because of the sanctions.

I know, if only Kim would abandon making missiles and nuclear weapons and be more Democratic all would be forgiven and everyone could eat. Until then someone has to suffer. Check your clothes labels to see if you are aiding a dictator.

1 minute ago, prodigalson1 said:

The UN sanctions are punishing the people of N.Korea for what Kim Jong Un is saying because of what Donald Trump is saying. Kim Jong Un will not miss one meal because of any UN sanctions. His people, the Korean citizens, many will miss several meals because of the sanctions.

I know, if only Kim would abandon making missiles and nuclear weapons and be more Democratic all would be forgiven and everyone could eat. Until then someone has to suffer. Check your clothes labels to see if you are aiding a dictator.

The labels on the clothes being made in NK say "Made In China", not "Made In North Korea." 

15 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The labels on the clothes being made in NK say "Made In China", not "Made In North Korea." 

So...buy neither. :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

So...buy neither. :rolleyes:

That can be difficult. Have you seen any clothing label that says "Made in the USA" lately? I buy things from Duluth Trading frequently and their labels say 'Made in Vietnam". I wonder where the labor actually takes place? :(

So Donald Trump's clothing line is probably made in North Korea.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Wouldn't that be ironic.:D Thank goodness I have zero Trump branded stuff in my closet! :lol:

1 hour ago, Papi said:

Wouldn't that be ironic.:D Thank goodness I have zero Trump branded stuff in my closet! :lol:

Yes!! :D  I don't have any of his stuff in my closet either. :lol:

14 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

mrsmlh, if Trump has a textile company in China it's very possible. Any textile product that says "Made In China" could have been made in NK. Sanctions on NK don't include textile products. Anyone who wants tougher sanctions on NK in hopes to avoid a war should be concerned about what's in this report by Reuters.