Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDrop

DeMatha vs. Westfield Scrimmage Report from VA Preps

110 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

So will the Dem - SFA scrimmage Friday be the first or what scrimmage for SFA?

Should be, they can't go full pads until the 16th.Lol

SB/BigDrop

What number scrimmage will the SFA event be for the Stags?

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You're talking about offers, I'm talking about production and play on the field! And not one of those WR's are close to any of the three WR's on SFA's roster. 

You definitely didn't see SFA play last year, that's obvious. They actually passed the ball quite a bit. This wasn't the old Gilman offense we are talking about. Fields had multiple 200 yard receiving games. Also had multiple 4 TD receiving games. He's head and shoulders better than anybody DM has. He's also already built like a man, and college ready. 

Are we talking about the same Bangda kid who had two games his ninth grade year of over 200 yards rushing and over 1000 yards? Who has offers from programs like Bama, Ohio State and UCLA? He's not a homerun in threat? I think Lloyd has a boat load of POTENTIAL, but he hasn't shown he's better than Bangda and you're literally talking about him like thr kid isn't legit.

Like I said, you didn't see SFA play last year. Savage IS a RB and I even told somebody before that I think he's better than Leedie Brown but he's such a good LB, they would use him there. Miree isn't better, I've seen both of them play multiple times. Let's just let the tape be the judge. 

Osman Savage: http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/videos.aspx?careerid=f4fb7314-6c31-e611-bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&videoid=395faae5-51ab-4a0c-b4a7-8827983c8aea

Myles Miree : http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7996495/581e0b743bd81437e46fdf6d

Joachim Bangda: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4656732/583668e9c124de2a44f40468

Marshawn Lloyd: 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9301619/5900e277bee0b50bf8b503f1

First thing I notice from their highlights, SFA RB's are grown men! I think Lloyd is going to be a great player, but to say he's definitively better than Bangda, I think is a huge stretch. And I'm taking Savage over Miree, all day everyday. If you ask me to pick a player I would want in the future, it would be Lloyd. 

We do this every year. You downplay DeMatha every preseason. I know you support them, but you have zero faith. 

I'll just agree to disagree with you on this one and re visit after a few games and at seasons end. I know you won't budge on this. I can respect your opinion.

9 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

SB/BigDrop

What number scrimmage will the SFA event be for the Stags?

Nobody cares

-Everyone

Just now, Silverbullet said:

Nobody cares

-Everyone

I do....411 a fellow DMVer....  :D

29 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

We do this every year. You downplay DeMatha every preseason. I know you support them, but you have zero faith. 

I'll just agree to disagree with you on this one and re visit after a few games and at seasons end. I know you won't budge on this. I can respect your opinion.

I definitely support DM, think they're stacked this year. Just not as stacked as SFA(doesn't mean they're not a better team). Are you going to the scrimmage on Friday? 

I'll answer for my brotha SB....  NO, he doesn't care about no darn scrimmage.  He just yik yak about them and against those he sense try to down DeM over scrimmages.

36 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I definitely support DM, think they're stacked this year. Just not as stacked as SFA(doesn't mean they're not a better team). Are you going to the scrimmage on Friday? 

What's it at 6:30pm? Yea I'm going to try and make it up there.

32 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I'll answer for my brotha SB....  NO, he doesn't care about no darn scrimmage.  He just yik yak about them and against those he sense try to down DeM over scrimmages.

People that have you blocked can't read your mesages.

13 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

People that have you blocked can't read your mesages.

You???  :lol:

7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

You???  :lol:

Nah. I'll never block you. You're cool in my book, DW. 

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

Nah. I'll never block you. You're cool in my book, DW. 

So, how many scrimmages have DeM had before SFA?  :rolleyes:

Or will this be like the reclass numbers request and you Sgt. Shultz on me again.....

Well BigDrop, if SB will not answer, how about you?  How many scrimmages have DeM played. Just the Westfeild joint or what?

30 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Well BigDrop, if SB will not answer, how about you?  How many scrimmages have DeM played. Just the Westfeild joint or what?

They had at least one more before Westfield

So what SB wouldn't answer and TheDrop ignored for whatever reason is that Friday will be DeMs third scrimmage.  Okay, beats me why they needed this to be a stag secret.  They seems to have had a call of the collective to be silent on their scrimmage schedule.  HHhhhhmmmm, maybe I do know ----- Fear of Gorman!!!!!!  Has anyone ever heard of DeM doing this with any other opponent?  I mean come on Drop, didn't Dem even keep you out of the loop after being a hardcore supporter for nearly some five decades???  Darn Drop, no other team private nor public would have treated you this way.  SAD! -- as Trump would say.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, DayWalker said:

So what SB wouldn't answer and TheDrop ignored for whatever reason is that Friday will be DeMs third scrimmage.  Okay, beats me why they needed this to be a stag secret.  They seems to have had a call of the collective to be silent on their scrimmage schedule.  HHhhhhmmmm, maybe I do know ----- Fear of Gorman!!!!!!  Has anyone ever heard of DeM doing this with any other opponent?  I mean come on Drop, didn't Dem even keep you out of the loop after being a hardcore supporter for nearly some five decades???  Darn Drop, no other team private nor public would have treated you this way.  SAD! -- as Trump would say.

Why do you care so much about the number of scrimmages that a team, who you hate, has had so far this preseason? You can't wish ill will against DM and expect their supporters to feed you meaningless information.

Edited by Silverbullet

17 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

For WR I'm taking DM all day. I'd rather have 3-4 D1 kids who have played with each other for 3 years than a group that just met with a new QB. I do like Hall though. SFA needed that type of player offensively. Still taking DM.

At DB, SFA just doesn't have enough to match up with Tallandier, Cross, Muhammad, and Hellams. All 4 have power 5 offers and have played with each other for 3-4 years. IMO, Hellams is the best safety DM has had since Tate. He and Cross have 25+ Power 5 offers between the both of them. Easily the best safety tandem in MD. Logan-Nealy is another very talented DB to throw in there. 

Now that Leddie isn't at SFA, I'm taking Lloyd over the whole bunch. Miree is also very talented. I called it a tie because of the depth SFA has, but they don't have a home run hitter. 

Hellams is good and getting better at safety but needs more DB work to be elite. What he has to do is get his hands on the ball defensively which he hasnt done yet. The good thing is he has another couple years to get it right. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Why do you care so much about the number of scrimmages that a team, who you hate, has had so far this preseason? You can't wish ill will against DM and expect their supporters to feed you meaningless information on them.

:D  Dude, what makes you think that I just really care so much about the number of scrimmages "that a team" DEMATHA has had so far this season!!!  Is it because I specifically asked you and BigDrop yet you all failed to response with an answer to the simple question.

Board please 4-1-1 these lost Stags that The DayWalker perhaps already knew when DeMatha scrimmaged and would scrimmage; that I already knew some information and wanted to demo that you will skirt such things and not be forthcoming just like you and your lot did with DeMs reclass information asked of you.  You responded (didn't) in that issue exactly the same way as this scrimmage matter.  DeM playing its third scrimmage with SFA its first with obvious indications that the Stags have been thumping in pads for longer than a couple minutes more than others just doesn't look so on par you'd rather not comment on.  I get that DC Sniper, you play by different rules and is "...just built differently."

Moreover, I laid out my opinion why Wise as you stated "refused" and as I stated Wise "chose" not to play DeMatha in that the Stags operate with great advantages Coach Parrish does not deal with in DeMatha gearing up in July while they (Wise) couldn't issue gear until mid-August.  DeMatha would have two scrimmages before they could have its first scrimmage, and that DeMatha would have a week 0 game while Wise would still be practicing / scrimmaging.

Get a clue DC, the ole DayWalker as I've done all the while and will continue to do is bleed you, Droop, aacount, and the rest of your DCSportsfan carpetbeggers here on this BMore board big pimpin' your DC bull.  I don't hate DeM, the team, but you and your lot here in Sunspot is a different game, but a game The DayWalker just loves to play...

Your turn Snip, Droop, and State Champs aacounselor.  Come On And WALK With Me, Come On And WALK With Me, Come On And WALK With Me.....but that's FATAL  :P

You still like looking in on this bloodbath for entertainment or interesting reading OleBallCoach....  :huh:

Edited by DayWalker

17 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Somehow my response didn't go through. To sum it all up, the only position I see that DM has a clear advantage over SFA is at DT. They're 100% not better than them at WR, DB or RB. SFA, if they have a healthy Henry, will have one of the best WR corps in the history of the state! Fields is point blank the best WR in the state and I don't even think it's close. Hall destroyed the DM's DB's last year, he's Top 3 in the state. If Henry is healthy, SFA has three WR's better than any of DM's. Hellums has the hype, hasn't proved anywhere on the field that he's even close to being better than those kids. 

Qb, I agree with you. We will have to wait and see. Will also have to wait and see with the OL's. 

Maxpreps has DM at 12 and SFA at 18, so they see the teams as basically even. 

Disagree concerning Hellams! Just in a system that doesnt feed him the rock like it should. He and Hall come out of the same WR camp. That coach is currently at the collegiate level. 

10 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

What's it at 6:30pm? Yea I'm going to try and make it up there.

I'm hearing different times actually. I don't think anybody will know the exact time of the scrimmage until Friday. Only thing I'm hearing that seems to be confirmed, is the location of Dunbar. 

Just now, Tomslick said:

Disagree concerning Hellams! Just in a system that doesnt feed him the rock like it should. He and Hall come out of the same WR camp. That coach is currently at the collegiate level. 

Oh, I think Hellams is more talented, with a much high ceiling than Hall, just that he hasn't shown that he's better on the field, yet. I don't think he's more talented than Fields though. Like I said, I think Fields very well could be the best overall football player in the whole state. He's definitely in the conversation. 

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I'm hearing different times actually. I don't think anybody will know the exact time of the scrimmage until Friday. Only thing I'm hearing that seems to be confirmed, is the location of Dunbar. 

Not if you know how the refs association work....  ;)

---  Book 'em Dano

Edited by DayWalker

2 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Hellams is good and getting better at safety but needs more DB work to be elite. What he has to do is get his hands on the ball defensively which he hasnt done yet. The good thing is he has another couple years to get it right. 

I'm 100% with you on that. My take was focused on his sophomore season and his ability to attack the LOS and his coverage angles. There is work to do, but has all of the tools to be elite. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Oh, I think Hellams is more talented, with a much high ceiling than Hall, just that he hasn't shown that he's better on the field, yet. I don't think he's more talented than Fields though. Like I said, I think Fields very well could be the best overall football player in the whole state. He's definitely in the conversation. 

Just watched Fields tape. Good film! All the intangibles are there and should translate well at the next level because of his size and fearlessness. But to be considered as the best in the state he has to play defense. This is highschool and I didnt see any defensive highlights. Hellams plays both sides of the ball. The younger Hellams learned form the his older brother who didnt play both sides of the ball and the recruiting headache that came with not doing so. The offer sheets of both athletes speaks volume to me. Gotta play 2-3 phases of the game to be considered in the convo as the best overall in the state, IMO

Edited by Tomslick

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

:D  Dude, what makes you think that I just really care so much about the number of scrimmages "that a team" DEMATHA has had so far this season!!!  Is it because I specifically asked you and BigDrop yet you all failed to response with an answer to the simple question.

Board please 4-1-1 these lost Stags that The DayWalker perhaps already knew when DeMatha scrimmaged and would scrimmage; that I already knew some information and wanted to demo that you will skirt such things and not be forthcoming just like you and your lot did with DeMs reclass information asked of you.  You responded (didn't) in that issue exactly the same way as this scrimmage matter.  DeM playing its third scrimmage with SFA its first with obvious indications that the Stags have been thumping in pads for longer than a couple minutes more than others just doesn't look so on par you'd rather not comment on.  I get that DC Sniper, you play by different rules and is "...just built differently."

Moreover, I laid out my opinion why Wise as you stated "refused" and as I stated Wise "chose" not to play DeMatha in that the Stags operate with great advantages Coach Parrish does not deal with in DeMatha gearing up in July while they (Wise) couldn't issue gear until mid-August.  DeMatha would have two scrimmages before they could have its first scrimmage, and that DeMatha would have a week 0 game while Wise would still be practicing / scrimmaging.

Get a clue DC, the ole DayWalker as I've done all the while and will continue to do is bleed you, Droop, aacount, and the rest of your DCSportsfan carpetbeggers here on this BMore board big pimpin' your DC bull.  I don't hate DeM, the team, but you and your lot here in Sunspot is a different game, but a game The DayWalker just loves to play...

Your turn Snip, Droop, and State Champs aacounselor.  Come On And WALK With Me, Come On And WALK With Me, Come On And WALK With Me.....but that's FATAL  :P

You still like looking in on this bloodbath for entertainment or interesting reading OleBallCoach....  :huh:

From start to finish that entire post made zero sense. It's not like I was trying to read German because I could read the words. I just have no idea what any of that has to do with your DM OCD?