Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDrop

DeMatha vs. Westfield Scrimmage Report from VA Preps

110 posts in this topic

Nah, that where you are wrong. What I told you is what it is end of discussion.

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Nah TerpD.  MD has set at WR but DB was light with a crop of transfers some from community college, JUCOs moving up, etc.  Tino's best opportunity to see the field was at corner and he took the opportunity or he was going to cheerlead and he didn't jump to the D purely because of a childhood love for Abdul.  Tino wanted to play and one of my former Suitland fellows WR Levern Jacobs says Tino plays the position okay.  Supposedly Jake Funk formerly of Damascus was worked out at corner also.  Tino just played better than others and he even beat out a sophomore corner to start some games I believe.

But this is just The DayWalker's take on the matter....

Nah, that where you are wrong. What I told you is what it is end of discussion.

3 hours ago, city40blast said:

Word is dematha vs sfa is 11am now 😂😂😂 

We just told by credible source that it's not at 11. Your original time is correct. 

Tino started on the BIG as a true freshman because he is an incredible football player period.  Tino started both ways at DM so I am not sure what this discussion is about.  

1 minute ago, aacountyfootball said:

Tino started on the BIG as a true freshman because he is an incredible football player period.  Tino started both ways at DM so I am not sure what this discussion is about.  

No doubt, Tino is a stellar smooth athlete and the best athletes to me should be on D.....  If an opponent can't score, they can't win.  All I'm saying is that MD's WR corps was much better than the DB squad.  MD needed help at the DB position and it was clearly indicated when Tino in my assessment beat out the sophomore or they co-started.  Chill aa, I'm not downing Tino, I'm just saying he better serves his team, the name of the game, at DB and two-way playing pretty much halts after high school.

7 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

The whole Tino conversation is mind numbing. It started as players not being able to play both ways at the top privates. Tino started both ways for two years. End of discussion!!! Sorry, TerpsD, I had to steal your sign off...

We are talking BIG college play DC and not high school U....

19 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

We just told by credible source that it's not at 11. Your original time is correct. 

So, 6:30p @ Dunbar tomorrow?

20 minutes ago, HSFootballFan said:

So, 6:30p @ Dunbar tomorrow?

No, I was told 7pm tomorrow at Dunbar. But was told today, that it's going to be 11am tomorrow now because of weather. So, I have no clue what to believe. 

5 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No, I was told 7pm tomorrow at Dunbar. But was told today, that it's going to be 11am tomorrow now because of weather. So, I have no clue what to believe. 

Ok, thx. Hopefully, its tomorrow night.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, HSFootballFan said:

Ok, thx. Hopefully, its tomorrow night.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore-md/21202/daily-weather-forecast/348707?day=2 is Accuweather for tomorrow.  Almost an inch of rain is forecast for thunderstorms which, hourly, may be at four different times over the course of the day and evening-the last is at 7:00PM.  I have absolutely NO updated information for when the scrimmage is now scheduled.  Honestly, it could have even been moved to Saturday for all I know.  And, for myself, the drive back from Baltimore to Reston in heavy rain and traffic could make for a very long experience.

However, I must admit that I am thinking about having lunch at Faidley's at the Lexington market.  Serious MD jumbo lump crabmeat and Rappahannock oysters (Rochambeau and Sewansecott from Hog Island) both of which are now in season.

Again, I know, have heard, have read/texted/e-mailed NOTHING.  I truly am ignorant about this.  (Actually, many things in life.) But, logically, if I were going for serious MD crab and VA oysters and rain was forecast throughout the day, lunch would seem to be a safer bet than dinner considering the rain.  Of course the Narrows on Kent Island has better crab cakes and Merroir in Topping, VA is the source for oysters but neither has the possibility of a football game tomorrow... (although Oscar Smith and Hampton aren't too far...)

Best oyster stew on earth is at Harpoon Larry's in Newport News ...and Waterman's in Rock Hall has an oldies band on the weekends while cracking crabs on a deck over the Chesapeake Bay.  

My crab and oyster recommendations have been thoroughly researched.  Actually the more that I type the less it is about football tomorrow.

Addendum:  somebody, somebody will mention Bill's Terrace Inn or Cantler's.

Edited by BigDrop

18 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baltimore-md/21202/daily-weather-forecast/348707?day=2 is Accuweather for tomorrow.  Almost an inch of rain is forecast for thunderstorms which, hourly, may be at four different times over the course of the day and evening-the last is at 7:00PM.  I have absolutely NO updated information for when the scrimmage is now scheduled.  Honestly, it could have even been moved to Saturday for all I know.  And, for myself, the drive back from Baltimore to Reston in heavy rain and traffic could make for a very long experience.

However, I must admit that I am thinking about having lunch at Faidley's at the Lexington market.  Serious MD jumbo lump crabmeat and Rappahannock oysters (Rochambeau and Sewansecott from Hog Island) both of which are now in season.

Again, I know, have heard, have read/texted/e-mailed NOTHING.  I truly am ignorant about this.  (Actually, many things in life.) But, logically, if I were going for serious MD crab and VA oysters and rain was forecast throughout the day, lunch would seem to be a safer bet than dinner considering the rain.  Of course the Narrows on Kent Island has better crab cakes and Merroir in Topping, VA is the source for oysters but neither has the possibility of a football game tomorrow... (although Oscar Smith and Hampton aren't too far...)

Best oyster stew on earth is at Harpoon Larry's in Newport News ...and Waterman's in Rock Hall has an oldies band on the weekends while cracking crabs on a deck over the Chesapeake Bay.  

My crab and oyster recommendations have been thoroughly researched.  Actually the more that I type the less it is about football tomorrow.

Addendum:  somebody, somebody will mention Bill's Terrace Inn or Cantler's.

Hahaha. Thanks for the great update and food recommendations. 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, HSFootballFan said:

Hahaha. Thanks for the great update and food recommendations. 

Honestly, really don't want to mislead you about the game-no idea but rain is forecast for the whole day.  My food recommendations are serious, though.  When I started thinking about the game I started thinking about Baltimore and seafood and talked myself into going for lunch.  Having been on the Rappahannock and in Newport News a week ago it seemed logical that I visit Baltimore as soon as possible.  Lunch, Friday worked!

Edited by BigDrop

Posted (edited)

There is just too much drama over this no count DeM / SFA scrimmage.  It just cannot be worthy of all this super secret hoopla.  The DeM blackout of their scrimmages this season is ridiculous and a silly circus.  A true bad@zz team is one where the team does its thing an opponent know exactly what's coming and the opponent can't do anything to stop it.  DeM must not feel it's such a bad@zz outside of Maryland this year.  :unsure:

Edited by DayWalker

The most important scrimmage of the day tomorrow may be in Las Vegas:  Bishop Gorman will be scrimmaging Liberty, at Liberty, at 7:00PM Friday night in suburban Las Vegas.  That's enough time for someone from DeMatha to board a plane, fly, rent a car and watch.  Liberty, who they play, is one of the state's best teams.  In fact they have an early season game against American Heritage Plantation who DM played in Florida a couple of years ago.  Real test for Gorman.

Then In-n-Out Burger before the red-eye back.

Serious post.  Announced in a tweet tonight on their qb's twitter site:  

Att. Student Body! 🔷🔶 Pre-Season Scrimmage this friday (Aug.18th) at Liberty at 7pm.

8:37 PM - 14 Aug 2017

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

There is just too much drama over this no count DeM / SFA scrimmage.  It just cannot be worthy all this super secret hoopla.  The DeM blackout of their scrimmages this season is ridiculous and a silly circus.  A true bad@zz team is one where the team does its thing an opponent know exactly what's coming and the opponent can't do anything to stop it.  DeM must not feel it's such a bad@zz outside of Maryland this year.  :unsure:

I've decided that to even consider a game there must be great seafood nearby.  It's also entirely possibly that if I eat enough I'll prefer a nap to watching a game-if there is a game!  I would note that my last post announces the Bishop Gorman scrimmage for tomorrow night when they play the second best team in Nevada in their warmup for DeMatha.  Even on such short notice I fully expect someone from DM to be at the scrimmage in Henderson.  I would expect a thousand or more people there since it is a HUGE local game (not dissimilar from DM/SFA).

28 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

.....  I would note that my last post announces the Bishop Gorman scrimmage for tomorrow night when they play the second best team in Nevada in their warmup for DeMatha.  Even on such short notice I fully expect someone from DM to be at the scrimmage in Henderson.  I would expect a thousand or more people there since it is a HUGE local game (not dissimilar from DM/SFA).

Is that 2nd best team in Nevada Gorman is to scrimmage for a tune-up to DeM the same school Gorman defeated for their state title last year something like 80 to some single digit score....  Ya sending someone all the way to Vegas for a look at that?????  Does DeM need any more scouts....

7 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Is that 2nd best team in Nevada Gorman is to scrimmage for a tune-up to DeM the same school Gorman defeated for their state title last year something like 80 to some single digit score....  Ya sending someone all the way to Vegas for a look at that?????  Does DeM need any more scouts....

That team plays Ameican Heritage Plantation of Florida (who DM played and beat the same year as Miami Central) for their opening game.  That team also won a significant game against a top Texas team a year ago.  Yes, I believe DM should have someone there to scout it.

8 hours ago, DayWalker said:

There is just too much drama over this no count DeM / SFA scrimmage.  It just cannot be worthy of all this super secret hoopla.  The DeM blackout of their scrimmages this season is ridiculous and a silly circus.  A true bad@zz team is one where the team does its thing an opponent know exactly what's coming and the opponent can't do anything to stop it.  DeM must not feel it's such a bad@zz outside of Maryland this year.  :unsure:

I do think there is a just a bit too much drama about this scrimmage...my guess is a million conclusions will be drawn(most will probably be proven wrong at some point)...but hey it's football...I may be wrong but I think there was a 3 -way scrimmage with DM, don bosco, & bmore dunbar(with tavon) at catholic U. that only a few initially knew about..

7 minutes ago, dunkone said:

I do think there is a just a bit too much drama about this scrimmage...my guess is a million conclusions will be drawn(most will probably be proven wrong at some point)...but hey it's football...I may be wrong but I think there was a 3 -way scrimmage with DM, don bosco, & bmore dunbar(with tavon) at catholic U. that only a few initially knew about..

For me, this scrimmage isn't interesting because I believe that it's some indication of what will happen this season, it's because these staffs have talked so much trash about each other. SFA genuinely believes that DeMatha is ducking them. 

7 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

For me, this scrimmage isn't interesting because I believe that it's some indication of what will happen this season, it's because these staffs have talked so much trash about each other. SFA genuinely believes that DeMatha is ducking them. 

not around much so I couldn't say, but 1 DM coach mentioned to me that he thought a scrimmage was good for the stags because he respects the talent level at sfa and an early test would benefit them, as for scheduling them, he was indifferent,said they have all the transfers and have to prove they can make it work..

19 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

If DeMatha played everyone that called them out as "ducking" them, they'd have to play through April to fit them all in. DM doesn't play teams that call them out. It's been that way for a very long time. 

31 minutes ago, dunkone said:

DM needs to see this level of talent in preparation for BG. They will not play to win. They have a few issues they need to figure out. Same goes for SFA. Both teams need this. Health is another huge goal. 

18 minutes ago, dunkone said:

not around much so I couldn't say, but 1 DM coach mentioned to me that he thought a scrimmage was good for the stags because he respects the talent level at sfa and an early test would benefit them, as for scheduling them, he was indifferent,said they have all the transfers and have to prove they can make it work..

Sounds like when the word in the WCAC was not to play FCA when FCA was loaded. 

18 minutes ago, dunkone said:

They have a lot of transfers, but bring back a lot of kids as well. Both teams success I believe will be gauged on how well their QB's play.

As far as this scrimmage, I think SFA has to play a little harder than DeMatha, because DeMatha has had multiple scrimmages and much longer practice time than SFA. And both teams need to be ready for their games next week. The MIAA really f'd the schools over this year with the late start of practice. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They have a lot of transfers, but bring back a lot of kids as well. Both teams success I believe will be gauged on how well their QB's play.

As far as this scrimmage, I think SFA has to play a little harder than DeMatha, because DeMatha has had multiple scrimmages and much longer practice time than SFA. And both teams need to be ready for their games next week. The MIAA really f'd the schools over this year with the late start of practice. 

Good point. Maybe I missed it somewhere on here but how many scrimmages has SFA had thus far or is this their first one?