Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meth007

Who's scrimmaging who and what happened?

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A lot of scrimmages this weekend. Who is scrimmaging who and how did they look?

Edited by meth007

How did Calvert hall do against friendship?

Quince Orchard "beat" Westfield VA 10-0.  I do believe it was 7-0 when the starters where in. Both teams havent settled on starters yet.  Quite a few kids rotating in at a few positions (RB, Line). I expect both sqauds to go deep in their respective playoffs. 

1 hour ago, nomad974 said:

Quince Orchard "beat" Westfield VA 10-0.  I do believe it was 7-0 when the starters where in. Both teams havent settled on starters yet.  Quite a few kids rotating in at a few positions (RB, Line). I expect both sqauds to go deep in their respective playoffs

Deep enough to probably unseat Wise....cool  ;)

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Deep enough to probably unseat Wise....cool  ;)

IDK about all that.  But if they meet again, I would expect a closer game.  Time will tell tho

1 minute ago, nomad974 said:

IDK about all that.  But if they meet again, I would expect a closer game.  Time will tell tho

I hope you are correct Nomad.  You know I trust your analysis of the MoCo.

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

I'll ask a question of some Wise peeps I know to get a feel of my expectation of a closer Quince Orchard - Wise game.  If I learn that Wise was at QO-Westfield scrimmage already adding to their databank then it could be business as usual.  If not, maybe the field will be level.  Parrish does his homework from the get...  I mean I heard Wise was looking over QO film of Annapolis and Richard Montgomery playoff games before QO left their locker room after those games.  It was probably over stated but I got the jest.

Edited by DayWalker

7 hours ago, DayWalker said:

I'll ask a question of some Wise peeps I know to get a feel of my expectation of a closer Quince Orchard - Wise game.  If I learn that Wise was at QO-Westfield scrimmage already adding to their databank then it could be business as usual.  If not, maybe the field will be level.  Parrish does his homework from the get...  I mean I heard Wise was looking over QO film of Annapolis and Richard Montgomery playoff games before QO left their locker room after those games.  It was probably over stated but I got the jest.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was there.  Although 5pm on a Thursday is tough.  

I can almost guarantee someone from QO (as well as other teams) will be at the Wise, Old Mill, Sherwood, Northwest scrimmage tomorrow

8 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I hope you are correct Nomad.  You know I trust your analysis of the MoCo.

Its hard to predict this early but I feel comfortable saying QO can do better than a 35 point loss this year, lol

Stopped by MSJ vs Mervo.  MSJ rolled over them with starters in.  4-5 scores to 0.  2 defensive picks.  QB play was stronger then expected.  Line and LBs were stout and quick.  Mervo QB is shifty and some decent runs but timing off with receivers.  Hard to tell but MSJ looks like could contend for that number 3 or 4 spot in MIAA playoffs.  

I visited Boys Latin to watch them scrimmage Howard and Liberty this morning.  I thought Howard look the better of all three squad, but not by a whole lot.  Howard typically shows a very vanilla offense, but they kind of look sloppy in the beginning. Howard was the only school to score TDs during this Tri-scrimmage. 

How was Dawkins?

5 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

How was Dawkins?

Looking as usual...very slippery. Pretty much in good form.

No signs of his injury from last season?

Posted (edited)

Stopped past ole Sugar Kane to watch East Side Prep, Lewis and Friendly. Good to see that Allegany came down to watch as well. To be fair every team looked like it was their 2nd week in pads. Dunbar came out against Friendly and scored on their opening series and their first series on defense they were pretty stout against but the secondary gave up a big play TD to friendly on one of the last plays of the first series. Dunbar has a lot of work to do.. They did some good stuff and some bad as to be expected.  The question, has the transfers made the cupboards bare?  Not even close. Going to say it again, their JV has won back to back championships. 

Today I watched Dunbars JV scrimmage Lewis and Friendlys 2s and they held their own and made plays. Looking at Friendly today my assumption is that they will have their hands full this year in PG 2A. On the other hand Lewis has some pretty decent athletes and I see them being a top contender in Baltimore City D2. 

Edited by meth007

Posted (edited)

Good Counsel, Ryken, and CHC squared off at Calvert Hall today with a surprise appearance by new program Concordia Prep. Concordia rode up Joppa Road to give the GC, CHC, and Ryken 2's some work after Carver had bus issues and couldnt make it to Concordia. Exciting opportunity for the former Baltimore Lutheran School.

Didnt see a lot of the 1's but GC clearly had superior depth to everyone else.

CHC looked better than they usually do in August.

Edited by lord_baltimore

Went over to St Paul's to check it out! Westminster was the best team out there. Will give people problems this year. Towson is muched improved and the new staff have them going in the right direction! St Pauls is working the kinks out with a new staff should compete in the Miaa B!

28 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

No signs of his injury from last season?

No signs at all. Look back to normal.

1 hour ago, meth007 said:

....Looking at Friendly today my assumption is that they will have their hands full this year in PG 2A.... 

meth, Friendly is with Dunbar in 1A as is DouglassPG and Largo and also Lackey of the SMAC.

Posted (edited)

It looks like MSJ lost their starting RB for the season. Sucks for the kid...he was running strong until he got hurt. 

Edited by HSFootballFan

Damn.  Sam James is out.  He was engine that ran that offense.  Very sad day for that young man and MSJ football family.  Don't see how they can be top 4 without him.  Dats a season killa. 

Wow that sucks for him and the MSJ team if it's true. Hope he heals up and gets ready for college. 

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

What happenedto him

9 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Wow that sucks for him and the MSJ team if it's true. Hope he heals up and gets ready for college. 

He was hit pretty hard while trying to make a juke. Word is a broken leg and he is out for the season.