Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meth007

Who's scrimmaging who and what happened?

90 posts in this topic

Wow awful great player sure the MSJ team will be fine but big loss. If I hear from my nephew will up date. 

Heard he actually broke fibula on pivot and got hit on way down.  One of those weird non contact breaks from hard plant to redirect.  Terrible news for him.  Wish him full recovery and colleges would be smart to stay on him.  Kid is a baller.  

Yea talked to my nephew said he is looking at being back worst case by their McDonogh game. Hope that is true for the young man.

How did Dunbar and Long Reach look? Long Reach seems to be improving year by year. Some Alco peeps saying they beat dunbar by two Scores...

1 hour ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

Dunbar 12-8 over Long Reach tonight.

1 minute ago, CvilleComets1521 said:

How did Dunbar and Long Reach look? Long Reach seems to be improving year by year. Some Alco peeps saying they beat dunbar by two Scores...

So which one it is....Dunbar 12-8 or Long Reach by 2 scores?

Posted (edited)

I should've worded that better. Alco peeps saying alco will win by two scores next Friday when Dunbar visits west MD

on a different note, just read Cville got skull drug by Western Tech. Gonna be a sad season 

Edited by CvilleComets1521

Posted (edited)

Dunbar has decent size. They have to mature quickly on D. Offensively they are still working to gel between WR and QBs because of the transfers that left. They have some good backs. Today Dunbar wasnt concerned about winning a scrimmage. It seems that they are still working to get chemistry with the lost of about 8 transferring kids. They used a lot of players throughout the practice and if the cliche is you are only strong as your weakest link, Dunbar has to really strengthen their 2nd and 3rd string guys, especially at DB and LB. The first teams are pretty decent, and if it were a regular season game the nod was to Dunbar.

Long Reach is not a big group. They will have to perfect a quick passing game, draws and screens to keep teams Honest all season because of lack of size. Their QB is pretty accurate and he has decent athletes on the outside and they catch the ball and will make plays. They are not going to over power anyone this season, but I can see them sneaking away with a few high scoring games with their dink and dunk pass attack. Today the had a pretty successful drive with the short pass attack, but when they needed tough yards or was forced 3 and long they struggled.

All in all both teams will be competitive in their leagues.. I can see them both being totally different teams later in the season. The question is, will they mature fast enough.

Dunbar scored twice

LR scored once and a safety

Edited by meth007

Dunbar scored on 2 passes by Lewis.  Long Reach scored on a run inside the 5 yard line and a safety as they touched Lewis while he was moving around in the end zone.  A late TD by LR with the 2's and 3's playing was called back.  Score was 12-8.

53 minutes ago, meth007 said:

Dunbar decent size. Has to mature quickly on D. Offense they are still working to gel between WR and QBs with all of the transfers. They have some good backs. Today Dunbar wasnt concerned about winning a scrimmage. It seems that they are still working to get chemistry with the lost of about 8 transferring kids. They used a lot of players throughout the practice and if they cliche is you are only strong as your weakest link, Dunbar has to really strengthen their 2nd and 3rd string guys, especially at DB and LB. The first teams are pretty decent. And if it were a regular season game the nod was to Dunbar.

Long Reach is not a big group. They will have to perfect a quick passing game, draws and screens to keep teams Honest all season because of lack of size. Their QB is pretty accurate and he has decent athletes on the outside and they catch the ball and will make plays. They are not going to over power anyone this season, but I can see them sneaking away with a few high scoring games with their dink and dunk pass attack. Today the had a pretty successful drive with the short pass attack, but when they needed tough yards or was forced 3 and long they struggled.

All in all both teams will be competitive in their leagues.. I can see them both being totally different teams later in the season. The question is, will they mature fast enough.

Dunbar scored twice

LR scored once and a safety

50 minutes ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

Dunbar scored on 2 passes by Lewis.  Long Reach scored on a run inside the 5 yard line and a safety as they touched Lewis while he was moving around in the end zone.  A late TD by LR with the 2's and 3's playing was called back.  Score was 12-8.

Thanks for the clarification

Posted (edited)

Howard played very sloppy in a 35-7 win over Archbishop Curley. Lots of penalties called on them.  But defense look fairly stout. Devin Dawkins ran 2 of Howard's 4 rushing TDs.

Edited by ShoNuff07

In an entertaining game-type scrimmage before a good sized crowd, Loyola beat Perry Hall, 20-14. PH scored two early TD's to go up 14-0, but Loyola got it together and came back to win. The PH QB is rangy, athletic, elusive and a good passer, but did throw two interceptions which hurt the Gators' cause. The first INT was returned to the PH six yard line to set up an easy score for Loyola, cutting the PH lead to 14-6 at the half.

Loyola pretty much controlled the second half and appeared to wear Perry Hall down, even though the Dons had more players going both ways than the Gators did. Loyola's new triple option spread offense is a work-in-progress, but their execution improved as the scrimmage wore on, which had to be encouraging for the Dons' coaches. I don't think MIAA teams should be sleeping on Loyola this year. And Perry Hall has some impressive football players on their roster, and should strongly challenge Franklin and Milford Mill in the Baltimore County 3A-4A.

All in all, it was a useful evening's work for both teams.

19 minutes ago, Operations said:

In an entertaining game-type scrimmage before a good sized crowd, Loyola beat Perry Hall, 20-14. PH scored two early TD's to go up 14-0, but Loyola got it together and came back to win. The PH QB is rangy, athletic, elusive and a good passer, but did throw two interceptions which hurt the Gators' cause. The first INT was returned to the PH six yard line to set up an easy score for Loyola, cutting the PH lead to 14-6 at the half.

Loyola pretty much controlled the second half and appeared to wear Perry Hall down, even though the Dons had more players going both ways than the Gators did. Loyola's new triple option spread offense is a work-in-progress, but their execution improved as the scrimmage wore on, which had to be encouraging for the Dons' coaches. I don't think MIAA teams should be sleeping on Loyola this year. And Perry Hall has some impressive football players on their roster, and should strongly challenge Franklin and Milford Mill in the Baltimore County 3A-4A.

All in all, it was a useful evening's work for both teams.

Loyola will finish last in the league and probably won't win a game. 

19 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Loyola will finish last in the league and probably won't win a game. 

Maybe they should just cancel the season then. I mean, like why even bother.

20 minutes ago, Operations said:

Maybe they should just cancel the season then. I mean, like why even bother.

No, but to say that teams shouldn't sleep on Loyola is laughable. They didn't win a game last year, and lost their whole OL, had a bad JV and a new coach, with a new offense. Nobody is sleeping on them, but nobody is worried either. 

24 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No, but to say that teams shouldn't sleep on Loyola is laughable. They didn't win a game last year, and lost their whole OL, had a bad JV and a new coach, with a new offense. Nobody is sleeping on them, but nobody is worried either. 

Dammit, you've convinced me! They should just cancel the season.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Operations said:

Dammit, you've convinced me! They should just cancel the season.:(

NOOOOO!!!!  They can't quit like the kids at Centennial!

Edited by ShoNuff07

Loyola should be in B division and Palotti in A.  Loyola is pretty bad and that's OK but why frustrate players, parents, coaches by pretending to be something your not.  B division is much better fit and they would easily beat teams like BL, JC, Curley.  Could actually be top 2 team in B.  They will be dead last in A for like 6 year in a row.

Is Hamilton Tigers the Feeder for Loyola? What's the Problem with getting talent

8-0 city over Lewis. City front 7 is great but have to get better play from the db's. 

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Loyola jv was no where near bad last year. Believe they were in second place

12 minutes ago, city40blast said:

8-0 city over Lewis. City front 7 is great but have to get better play from the db's. 

👀

Friendship Academy at New Town......Wise at Milford