Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meth007

Who's scrimmaging who and what happened?

90 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Looks like GC took one on the chin from Smyrna? 

Is Leddie Brown still at Smyrna

9 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Is Leddie Brown still at Smyrna

Yes 

47 minutes ago, gc06 said:

Yes 

No he is not. The kid who tore up GC was Will Knight who was Delaware offensive player of the year as a soph.  Leddie Brown is at Neuman Goretti in Philly with former ECA hc Coach DT who is the D Cord there .  Smyrna is not as good as the last 2 years as they lost a bunch to graduation. Still a solid team in DE. Says more about what Good Counsel is and I don't see them beating Gilman or finishing any better than 3rd in the WCAC 

1 hour ago, VoiceofTruth said:

No he is not. The kid who tore up GC was Will Knight who was Delaware offensive player of the year as a soph.  Leddie Brown is at Neuman Goretti in Philly with former ECA hc Coach DT who is the D Cord there .  Smyrna is not as good as the last 2 years as they lost a bunch to graduation. Still a solid team in DE. Says more about what Good Counsel is and I don't see them beating Gilman or finishing any better than 3rd in the WCAC 

Gilman just lost to Gonzaga 38-0 with a Freshman QB...Good Counsel will beat Gilman

Henry Wise @ Milford..Wise looks ready...well oiled machine...very impressive QB...Milford will do well in the county this year...Wise could very well be the best public school in the state

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, VoiceofTruth said:

3rd gets them in the wcac playoffs! Dont see any threat coming from the botton two teams in their league. Riverdale Baptist just beat BMAC 33-6

Edited by Tomslick

What happened at the MCD Pallotti scrimmage today? 

5 minutes ago, mop said:

What happened at the MCD Pallotti scrimmage today? 

Go to the "Week 0 Schedule/Predictions" topic.  They discussed it there

3 hours ago, Blessed1 said:

Gilman just lost to Gonzaga 38-0 with a Freshman QB...Good Counsel will beat Gilman

Gilman will lose any game if they keep Hill at QB! Score is VERY misleading. Gilman had ball inside the 10 twice with first downs in the first half, only to have Hill turn it over. He turned the ball over four times in the first half, three with Gilman driving. The fourth, he threw on first down on the their 20 after a kickoff to the DE, who ran it to the 10! It was done after that, you could tell by the kid's body language that the game was over.  Gilman is much better than that score. 

7 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Looks like GC took one on the chin from Smyrna? 

Yeap, you would know what a chin punch looks like....

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman will lose any game if they keep Hill at QB! Score is VERY misleading. Gilman had ball inside the 10 twice with first downs in the first half, only to have Hill turn it over. He turned the ball over four times in the first half, three with Gilman driving. The fourth, he threw on first down on the their 20 after a kickoff to the DE, who ran it to the 10! It was done after that, you could tell by the kid's body language that the game was over.  Gilman is much better than that score. 

GA, you told us Purnell would be a GREAT QB, perhaps the best or one of the best to go thru Gilman.  What, you sour on the player now or what....

Gilman is NOT "much better than that score".  I told you so from the Riverdale Baptist scrimmage you said Gilman dominated....

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

nm

Edited by themamba

Posted (edited)

Don't be afraid to speak up Snake..... 

Edited by DayWalker

12 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

GA - I thought they were pretty bad in all phases.  It's misleading because it could have been 60-7. Down 7-0 the early 2Q drive where they threw a slant in the red zone should have been an easy TD.  Bounced off the WRs hands.  The throw was there. At least that one wasn't Hill's fault. So many easy turnovers made it hard to watch.  The shotgun snap was at Hill's feet half the time.  The second quarter was just a blow out.  Gonzaga's offense is anything but high powered right now.  Outside of the two OL, there aren't any D1 guys on that unit. It's week 0 with a freshman QB.  Just 10 months ago he as playing against 7th graders.  He looked like Manning.  He's very good.  But he is not that good yet. Gilman's skill guys on D all tackled high.  Corners play decent against run.  No help from the LB's or the safety.  They gave up some huge pass plays to a freshman QB (need to find the stats) just like they did against Riverdale.  Booker didn't do a whole lot.  They ran away from him for the most part - which everybody will do.  They really didn't manage any pressure up front...and with their size that's just ahead scratcher  LB's were just OK against the run between the hash marks but didn't really fill the holes.  In general, they played soft - just like they did at Riverdale.  They weren't ready.  All I can think is that this is a coaching issue.   As I said before, they will get better because they aren't even mastering the fundamentals as players right now and coaching scheme seems to have them out of position more often than not.   But I will say that the cheeseburger from the concession stand was excellent.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DMVFootball said:

GA - I thought they were pretty bad in all phases.  It's misleading because it could have been 60-7. Down 7-0 the early 2Q drive where they threw a slant in the red zone should have been an easy TD.  Bounced off the WRs hands.  The throw was there. At least that one wasn't Hill's fault. So many easy turnovers made it hard to watch.  The shotgun snap was at Hill's feet half the time.  The second quarter was just a blow out.  Gonzaga's offense is anything but high powered right now.  Outside of the two OL, there aren't any D1 guys on that unit. It's week 0 with a freshman QB.  Just 10 months ago he as playing against 7th graders.  He looked like Manning.  He's very good.  But he is not that good yet. Gilman's skill guys on D all tackled high.  Corners play decent against run.  No help from the LB's or the safety.  They gave up some huge pass plays to a freshman QB (need to find the stats) just like they did against Riverdale.  Booker didn't do a whole lot.  They ran away from him for the most part - which everybody will do.  They really didn't manage any pressure up front...and with their size that's just ahead scratcher  LB's were just OK against the run between the hash marks but didn't really fill the holes.  In general, they played soft - just like they did at Riverdale.  They weren't ready.  All I can think is that this is a coaching issue.   As I said before, they will get better because they aren't even mastering the fundamentals as players right now and coaching scheme seems to have them out of position more often than not.   But I will say that the cheeseburger from the concession stand was excellent.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I just watched the tape online. Gilman actually outgained Gonzaga in the second quarter. Gonzaga benefited on a gutsy fake punt call on their own 10. Their only real offense they had in the quarter was the long TD pass. And then when Hill threw the last INT on their 20, that was actually returned to the 3, the game was basically over from there. You could see the heart taken out of the kid's, they were beaten. 

I was wrong, Gilman had 5 turnovers in the first half. You can't beat anybody doing that. Gonzaga realized that Gilman couldn't pass the ball, so they just loaded the box. Madison and Spanky both played very well.

Like I said earlier, Gilman has to change the QB, and they're still very weak up the middle, and need more speed at the LB positions. Booker, even on a so so game, had two sacks and a forced fumble. Brandon Willis had an uncharacteristically bad game. From the tape, it looked like he didn't know what defense they were in on the long TD pass, and really tackled badly. He will rebound though, he's a very good player. 

We have to remember, Gilman has only been in pads for a week. Gonzaga has been in pads for a month. They are the best coached team in the WCAC. Gilman had some key guys out as well, their second best line guy, Noah Seth, didn't play. And Mason Freeman also didn't play, they really needed him in the secondary.  

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I just watched the tape online. Gilman actually outgained Gonzaga in the second quarter. Gonzaga benefited on a gutsy fake punt call on their own 10. Their only real offense they had in the quarter was the long TD pass. And then when Hill threw the last INT on their 20, that was actually returned to the 3, the game was basically over from there. You could see the heart taken out of the kid's, they were beaten. 

I was wrong, Gilman had 5 turnovers in the first half. You can't beat anybody doing that. Gonzaga realized that Gilman couldn't pass the ball, so they just loaded the box. Madison and Spanky both played very well.

Like I said earlier, Gilman has to change the QB, and they're still very weak up the middle, and need more speed at the LB positions. Booker, even on a so so game, had two sacks and a forced fumble. Brandon Willis had an uncharacteristically bad game. From the tape, it looked like he didn't know what defense they were in on the long TD pass, and really tackled badly. He will rebound though, he's a very good player. 

We have to remember, Gilman has only been in pads for a week. Gonzaga has been in pads for a month. They are the best coached team in the WCAC. Gilman had some key guys out as well, their second best line guy, Noah Seth, didn't play. And Mason Freeman also didn't play, they really needed him in the secondary.  

I know Gilman has some players.  I don't know the roster beyond about 5 guys.  But they don't play as a unit right now and they don't tackle like they mean it.  Once they got down two scores you could see it in the body language and the execution got even worse. They just aren't there mentally. So I am looking at the coaching.  They have to see that.  It was there at Riverdale.  I don't think that punt was a designed fake.  It was a high snap and the punter saw the opening and took it over getting a blocked kick.  No doubt Gilman could not pass.  But if you have a questionable QB picking the ball up off the mat to start every play...it's not going to help matters.  You are right, Willis did have a poor game compared to the expectations.  I have not looked at the tape but that WR worked him.  I think he is staring at the QB trying to jump long routes.  And then he gets burned by average WR's. Just like at Riverdale.  Except I think he fell down that time trying to recover.  Not sold on Dixon yet.  Seems like he runs too high.  I think he got some late yards - maybe against the Gonzaga 2's? Again, haven't seen any tape.  But the game was basically over before he registered.  I guess that's because of the 5 turnovers.  Let's see what he does next week. I would also suggest that if they had a scrimmage on the 18th, they would have been in pads early that week.  You might be right about Gonzaga - they did start the last week of July/ first week of August.  Not bashing Gilman.  Just an observation.  I see coaching issues, which might very well include the QB decision.  But I have no idea what the alternative brings to the table.

3 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

I know Gilman has some players.  I don't know the roster beyond about 5 guys.  But they don't play as a unit right now and they don't tackle like they mean it.  Once they got down two scores you could see it in the body language and the execution got even worse. They just aren't there mentally. So I am looking at the coaching.  They have to see that.  It was there at Riverdale.  I don't think that punt was a designed fake.  It was a high snap and the punter saw the opening and took it over getting a blocked kick.  No doubt Gilman could not pass.  But if you have a questionable QB picking the ball up off the mat to start every play...it's not going to help matters.  You are right, Willis did have a poor game compared to the expectations.  I have not looked at the tape but that WR worked him.  I think he is staring at the QB trying to jump long routes.  And then he gets burned by average WR's. Just like at Riverdale.  Except I think he fell down that time trying to recover.  Not sold on Dixon yet.  Seems like he runs too high.  I think he got some late yards - maybe against the Gonzaga 2's? Again, haven't seen any tape.  But the game was basically over before he registered.  I guess that's because of the 5 turnovers.  Let's see what he does next week. I would also suggest that if they had a scrimmage on the 18th, they would have been in pads early that week.  You might be right about Gonzaga - they did start the last week of July/ first week of August.  Not bashing Gilman.  Just an observation.  I see coaching issues, which might very well include the QB decision.  But I have no idea what the alternative brings to the table.

Dixon had the long 45 yard run down to the 8 in the first half, where he made some sick moves, he had three other runs over 10 yards, one in the third quarter where he slipped and probably could have taken it to the house had he not. He does run high, because he's so tall. But he still can be an Eddie George type of RB, he's a very violent runner. I think he played very well, especially for a kid who is seeing his first action on the field in two years. 

MIAA teams weren't allowed in pads until the 16th. Really stupid of the league this year, and put teams in a major disadvantage, probably another reason why their tackling was so shoddy. I agree about the coaching. They hired a bunch of new coaches, not sure if this is why they seem to be pretty unorganized right now or not. But they need to get it together, and quick. 

Next week we will see what changes they've made. The center has to snap better, but Hill either had to make a miraculous leap, or they need to just switch it up. Right now, they may be better off going back to Poggi ball and strictly run the wildcat. 

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Dixon had the long 45 yard run down to the 8 in the first half, where he made some sick moves, he had three other runs over 10 yards, one in the third quarter where he slipped and probably could have taken it to the house had he not. He does run high, because he's so tall. But he still can be an Eddie George type of RB, he's a very violent runner. I think he played very well, especially for a kid who is seeing his first action on the field in two years. 

MIAA teams weren't allowed in pads until the 16th. Really stupid of the league this year, and put teams in a major disadvantage, probably another reason why their tackling was so shoddy. I agree about the coaching. They hired a bunch of new coaches, not sure if this is why they seem to be pretty unorganized right now or not. But they need to get it together, and quick. 

Next week we will see what changes they've made. The center has to snap better, but Hill either had to make a miraculous leap, or they need to just switch it up. Right now, they may be better off going back to Poggi ball and strictly run the wildcat. 

Why am I reading that Dixon missed two season?  Sounds like SFA got him DQ'd last year for working out there as he was considering transferring?  What about the other year?  BTW - he wasn't very tall in 7th/8th grade when he played for MoCo and he still ran "tall" then and he was not a bruiser by any stretch.  Clearly a lot bigger now.

2 minutes ago, DMVFootball said:

Why am I reading that Dixon missed two season?  Sounds like SFA got him DQ'd last year for working out there as he was considering transferring?  What about the other year?  BTW - he wasn't very tall in 7th/8th grade when he played for MoCo and he still ran "tall" then and he was not a bruiser by any stretch.  Clearly a lot bigger now.

No, he only missed one season but first time playing in two years. He played at Gilman two years ago, starting multiple games on defense. 

Now that all pre-season games are done, who are your final picks to win it all. 

4A-wise

3A-Oxon hill

2A-Damascus 

1A-Fort Hill

Miaa A-Mcd- I'm going for the shocker

1 minute ago, city40blast said:

Now that all pre-season games are done, who are your final picks to win it all. 

4A-wise

3A-Oxon hill

2A-Damascus 

1A-Fort Hill

Miaa A-Mcd- I'm going for the shocker

Lmbo !  Oxon Hill 

19 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Lmbo !  Oxon Hill 

Come on 40B, now you are NOT going to just sit there numb and let RobA of all here laugh his butt off at you and your selection!!!!  Come on 40B, what's your reply...

Posted (edited)

Hey I think the 3A winner comes out the 3A south this year, oxon hill offense is going to put up a lot of points and I think they can match franklin with the wr's they have. 

Edited by city40blast

Is that Oxon Hill can't or can match Franklin's WR corps 40B?