Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Does anyone think Peter Angelos will try and void Chris Davis' contract?

48 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, pitbull said:

?????

Didnt Peter Angelos try something similar with Albert Belle?

The O's had an insurance policy on Belle. It really didn't affect them as much as people presume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2017 at 7:04 AM, dshawg1 said:

The funny thing is-he was the one responsible for overpaying for him, not DD.

^Bingo

The Os bid against themselves. Davis had no other offers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rael said:

The O's had an insurance policy on Belle. It really didn't affect them as much as people presume.

The insurance paid $23 million of the remaining $39 million due on that contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, pitbull said:

?????

Didnt Peter Angelos try something similar with Albert Belle?

My understanding is that he tried to make an insurance claim on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I officially had enough of Chris Davis when took three strikes - including the K right down the middle - to end the Seattle game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pitbull said:

I officially had enough of Chris Davis when took three strikes - including the K right down the middle - to end the Seattle game.

He looks helpless against the heat.  He was 2 feet behind last night on 97mph heater. No chance. The guy looks like toast to me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he stop taking Adderall or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Did he stop taking Adderall or something?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The $23-million dollar man is hitting a robust .218.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis will sometimes K looking without even turning his head to follow the ball. It's strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis needs glasses. And Adderall. And a lighter bat. And some black magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if his average could fall below .200 with 18 games remaining.

Edited by pitbull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Buck. Your next door neighbor has been worth every penny you convinced your boss he was worth. DD probably laughs himself to sleep, every night, to the though of Pete spending all that money, after he advised him to move on from Buck's guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pitbull said:

Wonder if his average could fall below .200 with 18 games remaining.

Anything's possible when you're the human strike out machine.  My guess is he'll get enough hits to stay over .200 but either way, he's not going anywhere.  Unfortunately, we'll have yet another season of watching him flail away.  He's turned himself into an excellent defensive first baseman but I'd rather see Mancini standing over there with Gentry, Richard and Jones in the outfield every day.  I do think we may have seen the last of Trumbo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jamesdean said:

Anything's possible when you're the human strike out machine.  My guess is he'll get enough hits to stay over .200 but either way, he's not going anywhere.  Unfortunately, we'll have yet another season of watching him flail away.  He's turned himself into an excellent defensive first baseman but I'd rather see Mancini standing over there with Gentry, Richard and Jones in the outfield every day.  I do think we may have seen the last of Trumbo. 

Do you mean the last of Trumbo in terms of playing the field or is he somehow going to be gone after this year? If it's the latter, I don't think so because he has two more years left on his current contract.

Edited by mdrunning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis might be the worst hitter I've ever seen who had a regular spot in a lineup.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

Davis might be the worst hitter I've ever seen who had a regular spot in a lineup.

 

Dave Kingman comes to mind because not only did he strike out a lot but he was a horrible fielder. At the plate, Chris Davis reminds me of him - except Kingman usually went down swinging - not just looking at a pitch down the middle.

Update: Davis struck out at a .244 pace / Davis is striking out at a .319 pace. Yikes! I still would take Davis over Kingman, but it wouldn 't be a landslide. Defense being the difference.

Edited by ncbirdfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

Do you mean the last of Trumbo in terms of playing the field or is he somehow going to be gone after this year? If it's the latter, I don't think so because he has two more years left on his current contract.

I was wondering that myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

Davis might be the worst hitter I've ever seen who had a regular spot in a lineup.

 

I know!

Wonder what happened to the Davis of 2012 that hit .270. Or the 2013 version that his .286.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Dave Kingman comes to mind 

Back when Kingman was around, I didn't have to watch him every day! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Do you mean the last of Trumbo in terms of playing the field or is he somehow going to be gone after this year? If it's the latter, I don't think so because he has two more years left on his current contract.

Yes, I do think they'll move him in the off season.  Outfield is the least of their problems.  If someone's willing to bite and take on all or part of the contract, they'll send him packing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Dave Kingman comes to mind because not only did he strike out a lot but he was a horrible fielder. At the plate, Chris Davis reminds me of him - except Kingman usually went down swinging - not just looking at a pitch down the middle.

Update: Davis struck out at a .244 pace / Davis is striking out at a .319 pace. Yikes! I still would take Davis over Kingman, but it wouldn 't be a landslide. Defense being the difference.

There's a lot of Dave Kingman's out there in today's game...too many to even mention.  But Davis strikes out at a preposterous pace, even for 2017.  Still blows my mind that a major league hitter makes such little contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coulda, shoulda, woulda given Nellie Cruz a fourth year (as many of us advocates) and said "bye bye" to Davis, but nope, Peter Angelos and Big Danny Boy chose the wrong "slugger".

Edited by pitbull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0