Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

SFA-DeMatha Scrimmage!

200 posts in this topic

I couldn't make it because I have damn construction happening at my place here. But JB is giving me the updates. So far, SFA started with the ball and drove all the way down the field, DM stops them in the red zone and SFA elects to kick the FG. They botched the snap. DM then proceeds to score on a long TD pass. SFA then returns to kickoff for a TD. So far, 7-7. 

Yea no shot I was making an 11am scrimmage. Keep the updates coming...

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea no shot I was making an 11am scrimmage. Keep the updates coming...

SFA, long TD pass. 14-14. 

Looks like the QB's are stepping in nicely. The DB's not so much.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Looks like the QB's are stepping in nicely. The DB's not so much.

Hear that Ty from DM is looking really good. Right now, being told that SFA lines are their weak point. It's 17-14 DM at the half. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hear that Ty from DM is looking really good. Right now, being told that SFA lines are their weak point. It's 17-14 DM at the half. 

Yea I've heard DM's OL needed some work too and that's expected. Good thing they are scrimmaging each other now to figure it out. Are starters out for the second half? Or are they playing a legit game?

Just based on the KR for a score, I would guess real game

3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea I've heard DM's OL needed some work too and that's expected. Good thing they are scrimmaging each other now to figure it out. Are starters out for the second half? Or are they playing a legit game?

I'm assuming that they will probably have the starters out most of the second half. Interesting, SFA was alternating their transfer QB's and the WV transfer was the one with the big TD pass. 

If they're doing FG's and kickoffs, have to be some what gamelike. 

Sounds like good scrimmage.  Lots of fire power on both sides.  How's RB play for both?

I am at the scrimmage also. DM is in scrimmage mode working the passing game to get Ty ready. Guys it just a scrimmage not a game. The score is 0 to 0.

13 minutes ago, Bully said:

Sounds like good scrimmage.  Lots of fire power on both sides.  How's RB play for both?

Heard that both teams running games weren't great. Both teams had line issues. SFA's linebackers are suppose to be OUTSTANDING! And said that DM's LB #37 was a beast. SFA has the best ninth grade recruit in maybe the whole country playing LB, Aaron Willis from Richmond and JB said he's as good as advertised. 

Left game at halftime but SFA has a freshman LB #44 Willis that was laying the wood. Kids going to be a beast

TempsD your right I love both teams approach to the game I can see both of them are working on things to get ready for the season . I think both teams defensive backs need work but that's why you scrimmage 

The transfer rb from St. John's is not playing and will the wr Henry play this year?

GA there you go anointing players who haven't done shat on a varsity field yet but Willis does have the potential to be a really good player 

7 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

GA there you go anointing players who haven't done shat on a varsity field yet but Willis does have the potential to be a really good player 

What? Show me where I annoited the kid anything? Said that he might be the top ninth grade RECRUIT at LB in the Nation. Recruit, not player! I didn't anoint him this, publications have him as the second best player in his Class in the Nation and top defensive player: http://mygennexxt.com/m/blogpost?id=3984766%3ABlogPost%3A306830

and then I said that JB said he was as good as advertised. 

20 minutes ago, city40blast said:

The transfer rb from St. John's is not playing and will the wr Henry play this year?

Well that makes a big difference. Who was running the ball for them, JB doesn't think it was Savage either. 

I hope Henry doesn't play, in all honesty. He's very blessed and fortunate to even be walking. 

Not sure don't know all the names, but sfa offensive line and db play could be their weak spot.  But sfa smith had a punt return called back, their return teams will be impressive. 

Posted (edited)

I know the game is over , you all sure are quite , someone got they *** whoped 

Edited by Rob A.

6 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Not sure don't know all the names, but sfa offensive line and db play could be their weak spot.  But sfa smith had a punt return called back, their return teams will be impressive. 

That's very easy to defense though City, just don't kick the ball to them

I know it's just a scrimmage and I wasn't there but gotta be a little disappointing for SFA to know that all those stud transfers and great freshmen class but still not Dematha ready.  I'm surprised at result but don't know who did or didn't play on both sides.

Sfa claiming 5 starters ain't play, saying if Henry and the sj rb transfer would have played it would have been different.