Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

SFA-DeMatha Scrimmage!

200 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Sfa claiming 5 starters ain't play, saying if Henry and the sj rb transfer would have played it would have been different.  

DM had a couple of starters not playing either. Also Henry and Sj RB don't play DB. That's were they got burned

1 minute ago, city40blast said:

Sfa claiming 5 starters ain't play, saying if Henry and the sj rb transfer would have played it would have been different.  

Don't know who didn't play, but not having Savage and Bangda from SJC is a big deal. But it's just a scrimmage and SFA's first, DM's third of fourth. Wasn't it 17-14 at the half, with SFA missing a FG? With a team full of transfers, without seeing the scrimmage, I would feel fine if I were SFA. 

Yeah I know, also think that SFA Oline needs A lot of work

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Don't know who didn't play, but not having Savage and Bangda from SJC is a big deal. But it's just a scrimmage and SFA's first, DM's third of fourth. Wasn't it 17-14 at the half, with SFA missing a FG? With a team full of transfers, without seeing the scrimmage, I would feel fine if I were SFA. 

Yeah but like I said the DM Qb could have thrown on them all day long. 

Did anyone see Gorman roll out in enroute to BWI with the scrimmage tape....

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Well that makes a big difference. Who was running the ball for them, JB doesn't think it was Savage either. 

I hope Henry doesn't play, in all honesty. He's very blessed and fortunate to even be walking. 

What happened to Henry and bangda the transfer rb from sjc?

That was me in the fruity colored FedEx truck...  But I'm greatly disappointed in GA that he provided us blow by blow punches dialog of DeM and SFA and not a work on Gilman at Riverdale Baptist I see on the scrimmage listing for today.  :unsure:

10 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Punt return was called back to

But also on the called back punt return they called the holding call but didn't call roughing the kicker. Penalties happen. Missed field goal was execution bad snap. Rolled the ball across the ground. SFA has a real kicker this year though

it doesn't surprise me that both of their OL had  issues.....DeMatha has atleast 3 new starters..and who knows, maybe all 5 at SFA are new starters. Cohesiveness on the OL takes time....there have even been questions about the quality of play that some of SFA's new linemen have faced in the past and if they are even up to this level of competition

1 minute ago, araiderfan said:

it doesn't surprise me that both of their OL had  issues.....DeMatha has atleast 3 new starters..and who knows, maybe all 5 at SFA are new starters. Cohesiveness on the OL takes time....there have even been questions about the quality of play that some of SFA's new linemen have faced in the past and if they are even up to this level of competition

DM had 2/3 Oline starters out today, it's my understanding that SFA has most of their starting Oline back, just the big transfer tackle who signed with md is new

4 minutes ago, jbmad said:

DM had 2/3 Oline starters out today, it's my understanding that SFA has most of their starting Oline back, just the big transfer tackle who signed with md is new

Just curious........what were your thoughts of his play for the half you were there?

How'd R.Baptist do with Gilman?  Gilman seems to have 6-7 studs but not much depth.  

Not sure if it was him, not sure of number but the left tackle missed a block on the DE and got the Richmond Qb hit pretty good for a sack. I think the competition for him this year will be better than what he is use to

I have no idea of the jersey number either......no doubt the competition will be better than what he has faced in the SMAC. Was just kinda curious if the hype is real or the hype is about potential. Personally have never seen him play or checked out his film..

His size alone gives him the potential,  but we will see. I myself usually don't believe the hype, especially of the camp junkies until I see them play first hand. One thing that did surprise me though was the play of the new wv Qb transfer, seemed to have a pretty good grasps of the offense in such a short time.  Don't see where the Richmond Qb is that much of any better

56 minutes ago, Bully said:

How'd R.Baptist do with Gilman?  Gilman seems to have 6-7 studs but not much depth.  

I haven't heard anything about their scrimmage yet. You're about right with Gilman, great skill players but zero depth and major questions on the OL and QB play. They did get a HUGE transfer this week, who actually started the year last year at SFA, then went back to his area high school to play the year. He will help them big time. I think their defense will be much improved this year with this kid and Spanky back. 

He didn't play at SFA? Or he played and started at SFA 2016? If he did, he should be ineligible at Gilman in 2017.....doesn't matter if he left SFA or not.

Think he saying he played for his area his school. Jb if that's the starting left tackle he got worked all day and needs to work on his stance. 

8 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Think he saying he played for his area his school. Jb if that's the starting left tackle he got worked all day and needs to work on his stance. 

I agree, was just throwing out one play that stood out to me. Said before the competition he faced before is going to be different than what he sees now. But you can teach the technique,  you can't teach size

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Did anyone see Gorman roll out in enroute to BWI with the scrimmage tape....

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

I saw the Fed ex truck 

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!! VERY good ones !!

I've had enough of this Mayflower truck talk. Oh wait, nevermind.

1 hour ago, araiderfan said:

He didn't play at SFA? Or he played and started at SFA 2016? If he did, he should be ineligible at Gilman in 2017.....doesn't matter if he left SFA or not.

Yes, like City said, he played for his area high school. Was in camp at SFA to start year but went back to his area school.