Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

SFA-DeMatha Scrimmage!

200 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yes, IMO, it's still a no brainer if the NFL isn't a realistic option. 

Perhaps that's why YOU are no Harvard grad if you think such things are a "no brainer."  Harvard does not fit everyone.  One must consider ( think ) about a good / best fit.  If it's a no brainer merely because the NFL isn't realistic, then you are NOT Harvard material but more a DeM_wit.....  :P

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

Yes, IMO, it's still a no brainer if the NFL isn't a realistic option. 

What determines that as a senior in HS?

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Good stuff and I wish him luck! If Stanford, Duke or NW offers what you think he does?

No clue. I don't know the kid. Might want to stay close to home. Who knows? I can only say what I would do and if Harvard was on the table, I'm going to Boston and freezing for 4 years.

It's hard to turn down Stanford though. Chicago is my favorite city in the summer, so NW would be a tough one also. I think we can both agree it would be a great problem to have...

Edited by Silverbullet

9 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Take it up with the Washington Post, DW. Don't shoot me.

Your source you cited so I take it up with YOU like that DMV hotbed source you cited that named players from the Hampton Roads / Tidewater areas I challenged you about....  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

No clue. I don't know the kid. Might want to stay close to home. Who knows? I can only say what I would do and if Harvard was on the table, I'm going to Boston and freezing for 4 years.

It's hard to turn down Stanford though. Chicago is my favorite city in the summer, so NW would be a tough one also. I think we can both agree it would be a great problem to have...

Boston and freezing...? You do know that football is a cold weather sport and that they practice indoors when the weather is bad. Also if needed public transportation can be used to get you to and from classes if you dont have your own. I wouldnt let weather be the reason we wouldnt go to BC. Hell it gets cold here late in the season. Ive been to some bone chilling public school playoff games.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Fit Sniper....FIT.  All shoes, even the best brand named makers, just don't fit or look good on your feet, especially when it hangs out of your mouth like it always does around here.  Not all brand name places is a good fit.  Some may not care for northern cold.  Standford sound nice but I hate the heck out of CA.... A school needs to be a good fit.  And even Harvard isn't for everyone even if everyone were bright enough to attend Harvard.  Understand!!!!!  Sure your DeM_wit doesn't....

Edited by DayWalker

59 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Liar Liar....That's all you care about next to:

Aye slim!!! That thang mean!

What do they mean by ALL IN For Three Stripes.....  :D

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Your source you cited so I take it up with YOU like that DMV hotbed source you cited that named players from the Hampton Roads / Tidewater areas I challenged you about....  :rolleyes:

The DMV stops at Fredericksburg according to my buddy at Highland Springs.  Said that's were the VT UVA an SEC coaches draw the line between the 757 an DMV.

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

You're a Big 10 guy, right? 

Of course!! But also my work evolves k12Ed and higher ed. Half of the ACC are great private schools plus UNC, the other half are decent. The Big Ten has the best public schools in their respective states plus NW. 

18 minutes ago, Maroontiger419 said:

Of course!! But also my work evolves k12Ed and higher ed. Half of the ACC are great private schools plus UNC, the other half are decent. The Big Ten has the best public schools in their respective states plus NW. 

I don't care what any report says! The top half of the ACC isnhead and shoulders better than the Big 10 academically. Duke, UVA, Notre Dame, UNC, Wake, and BC are better than any school the Big 10 has not named Norhwestern or Michigan. And their top two, are better than those two. 

41 minutes ago, Maroontiger419 said:

"Half of the ACC are great private schools plus UNC"...

Watch out UVA. Shots fired....

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

cool video, although it's gotta be tough trying to generate interest in Adidas unis.  Signing up w/ Adidas is like a death sentence for college programs.

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Uni's are not bad. That's also a great Kodak song. Still don't understand why you posted it? 

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

The DM guys should mine their own business and steer themselves in the right direction and let Ty and his family deal with Ty.  DeM ain't got no one at Harvard....  Like I said, if Ty went to Harvard, players from Bullis, Good Counsel, Paint Branch, North Point, and Calvert Hall could welcome him.  Besides, if Ty were all Harvard and all, he would have gone to Gilman or McDonogh rather than DeM U....essentially a BIG10 of high schools.  :D

DM and recent Harvard grad Jonathan Mason is still close to some in the program, I'm sure he could give some advice(if asked), wonder if he  is till at JP Morgan..

21 hours ago, DayWalker said:

No GA, I don't know what you watched on Hudl but Riverdale Baptist scored on the long TD pass mentioned and also on a drive with a nice slant TD catch.  RBS also had a 97 yard run called back with a safety rendered on the next play by Gilman.  In addition to the safety, Gilman scored on two runs and a pick-6.  The final score if scrimmages are scored was 23-14 and not 29-8 GA.  Am I correct Sho?

You are correct:

RBS: 17 yard TD pass, PAT 7-0

Gil: 36 yard TD run, PAT 7-7

Gil: 53 yard INT return for TD, PAT 7-14

Gil: 13 yard TD run, PAT 7-21

RBS: 77 yard TD pass, PAT 14-21

G: Safety      14-23

11 hours ago, Bully said:

Always a personal and family decision but if you have an opportunity to go to Harvard and play at Harvard.  That's a no brainer.  Life is a lot easier as a Harvard grad.  I know a lot of Big 10 guys that ain't doing crap now that football is over.  

Superb, knowledgeable post. Harvard will set him up for life:  education, friendships, relationships, opening doors. I sincerely wish Ty Lenhart the absolute best.  Incredibly difficult school to get into:  if his GPA and leadership skills along with athletic ability can have him considered for Harvard then I loudly applaud him!

19 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yep DMV, it actually ended at 10:33 of the 4th and not early enough for the Riverdale player with the full body cramp right after play halted who cramped also during play.  Oh yes it was hot with spectators all huddled in the shade of the top two rows in front of the booth as play progressed toward the end.  Perhaps the best play was calling the end of that hot scrimmage.

Holy crap.  We agreed on something.  Cheers.

2 hours ago, DMVFootball said:

Holy crap.  We agreed on something.  Cheers.

When you come with facts and/or clear thoughts, there can be lots of agreements with The DayWalker.  Come in here with bull or BigPimpin' dem beaches like DC Sniper and cut n' paste BigDroops and you feel the sting of the blade of The DayWalker., That's Fatal.

8 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Superb, knowledgeable post. Harvard will set him up for life:  education, friendships, relationships, opening doors. I sincerely wish Ty Lenhart the absolute best.  Incredibly difficult school to get into:  if his GPA and leadership skills along with athletic ability can have him considered for Harvard then I loudly applaud him!

Damn Droop, you with the initial unsubstantiated claim that Harvard had interest in one of your beaches you are pimpin' and now we you stating Harvard WILL set him up for life, etc etc etc.  There is a dawg here who made those same claims about the education of his high school The G.  If your guy is all Harvard and all, he should have gone to The G instead of The U that produced the likes of the DC Sniper, you BigDroop, and a couple College Park snipers in addition to J Mason of JP Morgan.  The GDawg made the same claims that his was at Goldman's also all set for life....

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, gillytech said:

cool video, although it's gotta be tough trying to generate interest in Adidas unis.  Signing up w/ Adidas is like a death sentence for college programs.

Yeah g-Spot, that clip above is newly posted for 2017 and I noticed all the increasing college programs who are walking away from the Wise talents over the years with it's relationship to Adidas or the kids not wanting to play with Wise because they wear Adidas gear.  Just be good and look good while going it; remember when you were....  I recall this one from 2016 before they repeated:

Edited by DayWalker

I'm just messing with you - Wise's program is definitely humming along on all cylinders 

5 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah g-Spot, that clip above is newly posted for 2017 and I noticed all the increasing college programs who are walking away from the Wise talents over the years with it's relationship to Adidas or the kids not wanting to play with Wise because they wear Adidas gear.  Just be good and look good while going it; remember when you were....  I recall this one from 2016 before they repeated:

Serious question.  How does Wise manage to get these uniforms while other schools in PG end up with something a little more mundane?  Does everybody have an Adidas deal? Is this something the County handles - or do boosters have a role in it and are free to negotiate what they want?  We often hear complaints about under-funding of athletics, facilities, etc.  - particularly on PG.  It seems that even within PG there are the "haves" and "have nots".   Can someone explain how it works?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, DMVFootball said:

Serious question.  How does Wise manage to get these uniforms while other schools in PG end up with something a little more mundane?  Does everybody have an Adidas deal? Is this something the County handles - or do boosters have a role in it and are free to negotiate what they want?  We often hear complaints about under-funding of athletics, facilities, etc.  - particularly on PG.  It seems that even within PG there are the "haves" and "have nots".   Can someone explain how it works?

I have no great insight into this but I do know several PG teams to be well dressed.  Within the last two years or so, Joe Haden bought uniforms for his alma Friendly as did Kyle Arrington of the Patriots/Ravens bought some custom uniform combination for his alma Gwynn Park.  Douglass has a vast combination of uniforms courtesy of Shawne Merriman I believe.  Yes, all have quite adequate base uniforms you perhaps called mundane but yes some GQ but not at taxpayer expense.  And trust me, some kids just love to rip an opponent's GQ jersey at a $200-$300 replacement cost to their opponent.  Some professional athletes in their endorsement deal have items go to their high schools and colleges.  Didn't UA outfit Dunbar a season or two or more?  They built Dunbar a field I believe.

Some schools earn their way with all sorts of fund raisers while some just set up a table and sell Gatorade and chips.

And yes some have and don't have like one with an unplayable grass field and another field turf.  One may have lights and field turf while another not even a portapot near the field.  One tote several 5-gallon water pitches and another has powered 10-station water troughs, plural.  One has booth and endzone video cameras and another no video source if a certain parent doesn't show with their camera.

Simply put, some have principals with full all out support and others who find sports a necessary aspect of the education process but nonetheless a headache they just have to detail with but with guarded minimal effort.

Edited by DayWalker

5 hours ago, DMVFootball said:

Getting a catalog sent over from a major brand isnt hard to do. The question that came into play at a DC public, "do we order from the major brand at a nice discount or from local retailer where we could save even more money?" All the while knowing we still had to purchase other stuff.

If you are a winning program with a really good-strong following, you can order and outfit the entire sports program in XYZ. Also can order fan/team gear at a huge discount. Turn around and charge kids for team practice packs and sell fan/team gear in the school store and online at regular price. You price it correctly and it sells you make good $$$$$... Not sure what theyre doing exacatly but I know thats how a lot of schools do it. What we couldnt do at the DC public, was not give the gear to the kids that couldnt afford it. Also we didnt have the fan base to support the purchase of a bunch of XYZ team gear to sell in the school store. So we went with the local retailer.