eaglesinsider

Week 0 Schedule/Predictions

131 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Our first week of multiple local games.

Thursday, August 24th

- Green Street Academy at Model Secondary School for the Deaf (DC)

Friday, August 25th

- DeMatha at Bishop Gorman (NV)

- Avalon at Ballou (DC)

- KIPP College Prep (DC) at Capitol Christian

Saturday, August 26th

- Silver Oak at Calvert Hall

- Gonzaga (DC) at Gilman

- Saint Vincent Pallotti at McDonogh

- Mount Saint Joseph at Saint Mary's Ryken

- Riverdale Baptist at Bishop McNamara

- Maryland Christian (Home School) at Northern Virginia Kings (Home School) (VA)

- National Christian at Archbishop Carroll (DC)

- Canada Prep (CN) at Saint Frances

Also, I have no idea where Capitol Christian or National Christian play their home games. If anyone does I'd like to add that info to the schedules.

Edited by eaglesinsider

Anyone know why all the MIAA schools playing at venues with lights (CHC, Pallotti/McD, MSJ at SMR) aren't opening up on a Friday night? Did the league say they couldn't play official games till the 26th or something?

That DeMatha-Gorman game has taken an ugly turn. D.C. area coach I know sent me a message, said that one of the DeMatha players messaged a girlfriend of a player from Gorman, saying that he was going to body slam the player and would she go out with after the game! Said the player put the message on Twitter, tagging DeMatha's football account, with a message of 6 days! Has caused a lot of talk on social media. Hopefully the kid, and DeMatha can back it up. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hopefully the kid, and DeMatha can back it up. 

If true, the kid should be dismissed/suspended from the DeMatha team for the week and not have to back it up.  DeMatha does not need any more OOS incidents....  As they say in the publics, Respect The Game.

Edited by DayWalker

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Anyone know why all the MIAA schools playing at venues with lights (CHC, Pallotti/McD, MSJ at SMR) aren't opening up on a Friday night? Did the league say they couldn't play official games till the 26th or something?

nm

Edited by DayWalker

9 minutes ago, city40blast said:

Yeah it's all over twitter

Brooks can't be happy about this! Gorman hasn't lost in years, why would you even give them more ammunition? 

Easy resolution.  Brooks kid stay home and watch on ESPN rather than bench.  Gorman has had some off-season issues also and dismissed two players; one the only returning player from the secondary and the other a transfer from Allen, TX.

A little off topic did anyone find scores on those two games just curious?

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

That DeMatha-Gorman game has taken an ugly turn. D.C. area coach I know sent me a message, said that one of the DeMatha players messaged a girlfriend of a player from Gorman, saying that he was going to body slam the player and would she go out with after the game! Said the player put the message on Twitter, tagging DeMatha's football account, with a message of 6 days! Has caused a lot of talk on social media. Hopefully the kid, and DeMatha can back it up. 

SMDH! These kids could easily be on the same college/service academy team in the near future. 

Or the same lock-up for doing something stupid over testosterone and ego....

6 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

All MIAA schools cannot play a football game until August 26th. The MIAA mandates that they need 15 days of practice due to the acclimization period in which all schools started on August 10th.

23 hours ago, Bobcat74 said:

All MIAA schools cannot play a football game until August 26th. The MIAA mandates that they need 15 days of practice due to the acclimization period in which all schools started on August 10th.

Thanks. Figured it was something like that.

Thursday, August 24th

Friday, August 25th

- Avalon at Ballou (DC)

Saturday, August 26th

- Gonzaga (DC) at Gilman

- Maryland Christian (Home School) at Northern Virginia Kings (Home School) (VA)

On 8/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, eaglesinsider said:

Friday, August 25th

- Avalon at Ballou (DC)

Saturday, August 26th

- Gonzaga (DC) at Gilman

Friday-

DeMatha wins in a close game out in LV. BG comes out firing and DM doesn't flinch. 

Avalon by 2 TD's over Ballou.

Saturday-

CHC by 3 TD's 

Gonzaga beats Gilman in a close one. I think Gonzaga is starting a very talented freshman QB? He'll get picked off a few times. Gonzaga has more in the tank through the 4th quarter.

McDonogh wins by 2 TD's, but Pallotti is scrappy up until the final whistle. 

MSJ wins by 2 TD's. Brady needs time to get things rolling in southern MD.

BMac wins by 1-2 TD's. Very entertaining game. 

35 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Friday-

DeMatha wins in a close game out in LV. BG comes out firing and DM doesn't flinch. 

Avalon by 2 TD's over Ballou.

Saturday-

CHC by 3 TD's 

Gonzaga beats Gilman in a close one. I think Gonzaga is starting a very talented freshman QB? He'll get picked off a few times. Gonzaga has more in the tank through the 4th quarter.

McDonogh wins by 2 TD's, but Pallotti is scrappy up until the final whistle. 

MSJ wins by 2 TD's. Brady needs time to get things rolling in southern MD.

BMac wins by 1-2 TD's. Very entertaining game. 

I think McDonogh blows Palotti out. Too big and fast. 

The Gilman-Gonzaga game will be interesting. Gonzaga has more depth, Gilman has the better skills and top end talent. But, Gilman is slow at key positions, like LB. A lot will rest in if Spanky is healthy and plays, because they will more than likely have him at Lb and that's a game changer. 

On 8/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, eaglesinsider said:

Our first week of multiple local games.

Thursday, August 24th

Friday, August 25th

- Avalon at Ballou (DC)

Saturday, August 26th

- Gonzaga (DC) at Gilman

Also, I have no idea where Capitol Christian or National Christian play their home games. If anyone does I'd like to add that info to the schedules.

I'm not sure NCA has a home field because they are always on the road.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I think McDonogh blows Palotti out. Too big and fast. 

The Gilman-Gonzaga game will be interesting. Gonzaga has more depth, Gilman has the better skills and top end talent. But, Gilman is slow at key positions, like LB. A lot will rest in if Spanky is healthy and plays, because they will more than likely have him at Lb and that's a game changer. 

I know what you're saying with Gilman's top end guys, but Gonzaga is no slouch. They had a big offseason for Power 5 guys like OL Rafferty, ATH Engram, DE Wete, DE Stewart, etc... Wete might be the best prospect in the game.

Yea I think McD wins comfortably, but Pallotti won't just back down. They'll add a late TD. 

Edited by Silverbullet

3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I know what you're saying with Gilman's top end guys, but Gonzaga is no slouch. They had a big offseason for Power 5 guys like OL Rafferty, ATH Engram, DE Wete, DE Stewart, etc... Wete might be the best prospect in the game.

Yea I think McD wins comfortably, but Pallotti won't just back down. They'll add a late TD. 

I'm familiar with all those guys. Wete, has a high ceiling but he's another that has offers and rankings on potential. If healthy and playing, the top prospect in the game will be Spanky and then Booker.

I have Gonzaga winning, because I just don't know how much better Gilman's line has gotten on the offensive side of the ball. Had the transfer kid not gotten hurt, would like Gilman's chances a lot better. 

Missed that SFA had picked up an 11th game. They open up at home vs. Canada Prep (CN) on Saturday at noon.

I think McD will also crush Pallotti. They lost a lot last season and have 21 sophomores on a varsity team of 40 players. I know Corum gets a lot of credit but the RB from last year made that team go. They will struggle. The DE is massively over-rated. Saw him a few times last year 1st hand. Also, saw him at the Spalding scrimmage thinking he'd mature but he did only in size. Shows little effort out there.

Agree.  MCD very good this year.  Ellis is senior and they are very big and fast in a lot of positions.  I predict

1.SFA

2.Mcd

3.Spalding

4.Toss up between Gilman MSJ 

6 minutes ago, Bully said:

Agree.  MCD very good this year.  Ellis is senior and they are very big and fast in a lot of positions.  I predict

1.SFA

2.Mcd

3.Spalding

4.Toss up between Gilman MSJ 

Who gives SFA the best game out of that bunch?

Heard SFA just picked off one of Long Reach's best players after there guys went down this past weekend.