eaglesinsider

Week 0 Schedule/Predictions

131 posts in this topic

I believe if he already started practice at long reach, it would make him ineligible at St Francis this season......

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

I believe if he already started practice at long reach, it would make him ineligible at St Francis this season......

If he transferred from Long Reach to SFA, it should not be an issue.  The MIAA only frown of inbreed transfers, between each other..

Edited by DayWalker

58 minutes ago, Bully said:

Agree.  MCD very good this year.  Ellis is senior and they are very big and fast in a lot of positions.  I predict

1.SFA

2.Mcd

3.Spalding

4.Toss up between Gilman MSJ 

MSJ wasn't beating Gilman this year with James, not beating them without him. Spalding losing Winokur, really hurts them. I also don't like Umbarger at QB. Think that Gilman game will be a lot closer than you most people think. 

11 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

Wouldn't matter, it's not from an MIAA team. 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

MSJ wasn't beating Gilman this year with James, not beating them without him. Spalding losing Winokur, really hurts them. I also don't like Umbarger at QB. Think that Gilman game will be a lot closer than you most people think. 

Hope Gilman puts on a better show against MSJ than they did against Riverdale B last week....

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Wouldn't matter, it's not from an MIAA team. 

Yes it still matters. MIAA team transfer not withstanding.

55 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Who gives SFA the best game out of that bunch?

McDonogh could give them an ok game if they moved Ellis out of the QB position. SFA has a lot of injuries right now. But the fact hey had those injuries and still played DM tough, makes me believe that they're better than even I thought. I don't think any team beats them in the league, and they shoood win every game by 3+ TD's, even with the injuries. 

SFA are defending MIAA Champs.  Have added many new weapons.  No other team in MIAA has close to number of D1 commits or athletes.  Only way SFA loses to MIAA team is if the entire starting line up gets the flu.  

30 minutes ago, oberserveroffacts said:

Yes it still matters. MIAA team transfer not withstanding.

What matters? He can come and play immediately, it doesn't matter if he practiced with his former high school unless it's in the MIAA. What are you saying? 

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

What matters? He can come and play immediately, it doesn't matter if he practiced with his former high school unless it's in the MIAA. What are you saying? 

It does matter. If he started with previous school he is ineligible.

1 minute ago, oberserveroffacts said:

You might want to recheck that.

Show me in the MIAA handbook that says that a kid from another league is ineligible if they have practiced with a non MIAA team. 

There is no rule in MIAA that limits non MIAA players from competing during same year transfers.  At this point he probably wouldn't even be considered a transfer since school hasn't started yet.

You can not repsent two schools in one season period. He would be ineligible observer is correct.

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

You can not repsent two schools in one season period. He would be ineligible observer is correct.

He's not representing two schools. If he played a game, then yes he would be ineligible. But not pre-season practice. There's a kid, who just transferred to Gilman, who started the year last year at SFA(was on their roster even), practiced with them all pre-season and went back to his area high school and played the whole year with them. 

It does matter, I know a kid who was denied play last year because he attended an organized workout of all places, Long Reach. This happened at the MIAA commissioner School......so I am sure he would enforce it at other schools....

I've seen several kids practicing all summer with another high school but then enroll in different school over the past week.  I guess I'm mistaken but all these kids and coaches think they are playing.

Correct AR and observer he should be ineligible.

http://miaasports.net/miaa-regulations-guidelines/

Participation, in regards to any transfer policy, is defined as practicing or scrimmaging during the regular season, beginning with the 1st try-out/practice date or playing in any interscholastic competition.

Direct from MIAA website.

I stand corrected.  Poggi must have a trick up his sleeve to get that kid in the field.

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Lol make sure this post is saved.  James is a huge loss but they have another back the league is getting to know real well.  

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

1) SFA

2)McD

3)Spalding 

4)MSJ

5)CHC

6)Gilman 

7)Loyola

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, city40blast said:

What kid from long reach is it? The De?

Supposedly DB Chad Brown.  I believe he had to reclassify.

Edited by ShoNuff07