eaglesinsider

Week 0 Schedule/Predictions

131 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Lol make sure this post is saved.  James is a huge loss but they have another back the league is getting to know real well.  

Not even close to the level of a Spanky Dixon who will be the best RB in the league. 

Yeah Yeah GA we heard it all before Dixon is all world but we've yet see see him do anything 

Just now, GOOCH said:

Yeah Yeah GA we heard it all before Dixon is all world but we've yet see see him do anything 

Yet to see him do anything? Yet donknow he started multiple games at Gilman two years ago right? More than Shane? 

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Mr.Stein said:

1) SFA

2)McD

3)Spalding 

4)MSJ

5)CHC

6)Gilman 

7)Loyola

So CHC beats Gilman in OT last year after being down by two TD's, loses their best players, best line player is out this year but they're going to beat Gilman this year? Would you like to wager on it? In fact, would you like to wager on the Gilman-CHC and MSJ games? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

He's no Shane and right now he's a forgotten player I hope he lives up to the hype 

3 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

He's no Shane and right now he's a forgotten player I hope he lives up to the hype 

No, he was better than Shane. But you're right, he is forgotten. Which will make him hungry! He has to be healthy though, heard he hasn't been. I won't be at Gilman's game tomorrow, but will watch the tape. Want to see if he's playing and how he does, and see how good the ninth grade basketball stud, who will start looks. 

Dixon hasn't played since 9th ...did he even finish the year? He stayed injured at moho co/Gyfl...don't believe the hype

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

Dixon hasn't played since 9th ...did he even finish the year? He stayed injured at moho co/Gyfl...don't believe the hype

Yes, he played every game except the first, because they had a frosh retreat! He had the game clinching tackle against McDonogh. 

Hear he didn't play in the scrimmage last week, but he stayed healthy two years ago. Started three games, and played more than any frosh. Had 5 TD's rushing. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

5 rushing TD against who? That makes you the best back? ...Dixon isn't better than James and he don't have the body of work to show it

I agree James is better with three years worth of work to prove it, I only hear GA hyping up this Spanky kid. 

6 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

5 rushing TD against who? That makes you the best back? ...Dixon isn't better than James and he don't have the body of work to show it

Dixon doesn't have James body of work, but he's better than James! He was the best back Gilman had two years ago, and the other two are playing D1 football, one being first team All Metro! He's the best offensive ninth grader I've ever seen at Gilman, a school that has kids playing in the NFL right now. 

Just now, city40blast said:

I agree James is better with three years worth of work to prove it, I only hear GA hyping up this Spanky kid. 

Spanky would be the one of the best Wr's/RB's/Safeties, in the state. The kid is that good, at many positions. Why do you think SFA turned him in last year for practicing with them? Ask their coaches who would have been their best player last year if he stayed at SFA, FACTS!   

5 TD and he the best 9th grade offensive player ever oh ok. I'm looking forward to see his break out year. 

Just now, city40blast said:

5 TD and he the best 9th grade offensive player ever oh ok. I'm looking forward to see his break out year. 

The other guys had like 40 combined. He played mostly defense two years ago. They didn't even put him in on offense until the Spalding game. Kid averaged like 15 yards a carry. Mind you, I don't even know if he will even play RB this year.  I think he might have grown out of the position. I think he will end up on defense in college. 

Dupree and Madison was the backs a few years ago...spanky wasn't even in rotation...not to the point of making him the best back...he is more defensive if anything and that goes back to youth ball

Just now, Blessed1 said:

Dupree and Madison was the backs a few years ago...spanky wasn't even in rotation...not to the point of making him the best back...he is more defensive if anything and that goes back to youth ball

I saw every Gilman game two years ago, he was in the rotation, starting in the Spalding game. He started on defense multiple games before that. But he ran the ball plenty the second half of the year. He was without a doubt, the more talented runner. Now like I said, I think he could end up on the defensive side of the ball. But it has more to do with his size, than talent. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

So CHC beats Gilman in OT last year after being down by two TD's, loses their best players, best line player is out this year but they're going to beat Gilman this year? Would you like to wager on it? In fact, would you like to wager on the Gilman-CHC and MSJ games? 

You reacted this same way last year and I predicted the standings exactly right. You're a homer for the Hounds. I love Gilman but I see reality. 

As much as you speak of this Spanky young man GA I am very interested in seeing him play this season.

Posted (edited)

What the heck is Spanky's real name?  But I will note that GA told us years ago that QB Purnell Hill would be the truth yet he recently commented that Gilman's QB play is suspect.  So I don't know about Geeeeezzzz's assessment reliability.

Edited by DayWalker

5 hours ago, Mr.Stein said:

You reacted this same way last year and I predicted the standings exactly right. You're a homer for the Hounds. I love Gilman but I see reality. 

Have you seen Gilman play this year? What about CHC? Or MSJ? 

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

As much as you speak of this Spanky young man GA I am very interested in seeing him play this season.

Like I said on here years ago, said wait until you see this young kid at Gilman Darius Jennings. I said wait until you see this kid Cyrus Jones. I said wait until you see this kid Micah Kiser. I said two years ago, Spanky and Shane Lee were the best ninth graders I've ever seen at Gilman. Shane is now ranked the number 1 ILB in the nation. Spanky started multiple games , and played more, on the greatest Gilman  team ever, than Shane did. I'm telling you now, Spanky will be the truth. 

I'm hearing that McDonogh-Pallotti is now technically a scrimmage because Palotti didn't get the required number of heat acclimatization practices in in order for them to be allowed to play a game.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Like I said on here years ago, said wait until you see this young kid at Gilman Darius Jennings. I said wait until you see this kid Cyrus Jones. I said wait until you see this kid Micah Kiser. I said two years ago, Spanky and Shane Lee were the best ninth graders I've ever seen at Gilman. Shane is now ranked the number 1 ILB in the nation. Spanky started multiple games , and played more, on the greatest Gilman  team ever, than Shane did. I'm telling you now, Spanky will be the truth. 

Fair enough GA...fair enough.  Just want to see the young man play.

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

What the heck is Spanky's real name?  But I will note that GA told us years ago that QB Purnell Hill would be the truth yet he recently commented that Gilman's QB play is suspect.  So I don't know about Geeeeezzzz's assessment reliability.

I believe his last name is Dixon.  On the Gilman roster via MaxPreps (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gilman-greyhounds-(baltimore,md)/football/roster.htm) there's a #20 Zachary Dixon and near the bottom of the roster without a number is a Spanky Dixon.  Both are listed with the same grade and height but a 4lbs difference.  So I am guessing this could be the same player.

30 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

I'm hearing that McDonogh-Pallotti is now technically a scrimmage because Palotti didn't get the required number of heat acclimatization practices in in order for them to be allowed to play a game.

That's horrible!! How is this even possible? Now McDonogh loses a game, because of something the coaches should have known about!