Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

When do you think Flacco will be "back"?

When do you think Flacco will play for the Ravens again?   15 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Flacco will be "back" to play for the Ravens again?

• First game against Cinny
    • Games 2-4 of the season
    • After game 4
    • After game 8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 posts in this topic

I think he is back for the start of the season.  But as you say, backs are tricky.  The concern is that maybe he takes a hard sack that aggravates it and forces him to miss more than just a game or two.  The fact that it was said to be only a week or two issue and now ends up with him not practicing at all in camp shows that the injury was a bit more than just a tweak.  

Week 1.  And with the way the line has looked, he could be gone by week 2.

I think week 1 when he shouldn't be. At this point we would be better off bringing in Kap and dealing properly with whatever Joe's back problem is.  I still believe a big part of last season is that they rushed him back too soon.

11 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I think he is back for the start of the season.  But as you say, backs are tricky.  The concern is that maybe he takes a hard sack that aggravates it and forces him to miss more than just a game or two.  The fact that it was said to be only a week or two issue and now ends up with him not practicing at all in camp shows that the injury was a bit more than just a tweak.  

I think he's back for sure by the start.  That is their timetable, that he starts practicing the final two weeks before the season starts. 

This wasn't a tweak,  Flacco said himself that it was an ongoing, nagging type of injury.  MRI showed it to be non-structural, i.e, muscular in nature.  Rest is the best medicine, and if you let it heal it'll be fine.  Sounds like everything is on target, they are just being very cautious because of him being their star player.

6 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I think week 1 when he shouldn't be. At this point we would be better off bringing in Kap and dealing properly with whatever Joe's back problem is.  I still believe a big part of last season is that they rushed him back too soon.

it's getting too late to bring Kap in, so I think Joe will start game 1, but that O-line better be stellar!

51 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

it's getting too late to bring Kap in, so I think Joe will start game 1, but that O-line better be stellar!

It won't be. Unless Oz has a trick up his sleeve.

Hope week 1. As really needs to rest. Just his health is very important as you get older.

If the ravens have to rely on mallet it's going to be a long season.

NEWS AND NOTES 8/23: JOE FLACCO STAYING INVOLVED BEHIND THE SCENES, RETURN PLAN IN PLACE

Just because you have a plan doesn't mean the plan happens, but the team seems to feel like they're on track for his orderly return in time to perform in the opener.

"The Ravens announced that Flacco is on track to play in the regular-season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 10, but Head Coach John Harbaugh said Flacco won’t practice this week. The Ravens have maintained that Flacco will practice in the preseason, so it’s likely that he’ll be on the practice field next week.

If he returns at the start of next week, that will give him two weeks to quickly get up to speed with his receiving corps before facing the Bengals."

3 hours ago, Steveg85321 said:

NEWS AND NOTES 8/23: JOE FLACCO STAYING INVOLVED BEHIND THE SCENES, RETURN PLAN IN PLACE

Just because you have a plan doesn't mean the plan happens, but the team seems to feel like they're on track for his orderly return in time to perform in the opener.

"The Ravens announced that Flacco is on track to play in the regular-season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 10, but Head Coach John Harbaugh said Flacco won’t practice this week. The Ravens have maintained that Flacco will practice in the preseason, so it’s likely that he’ll be on the practice field next week.

If he returns at the start of next week, that will give him two weeks to quickly get up to speed with his receiving corps before facing the Bengals."

In the words of the late Han Solo, I have a real bad feeling about this.

Posted (edited)

One guy says they are rushing him to play week 1 when he really won't be ready to play and another guy says they are being very cautious with him and that's why they are waiting until week 1. Too funny. 

Edited by RavingManiac

50 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

One guy says they are rushing him to play week 1 when he really won't be ready to play and another guy says they are being very cautious with him and that's why they are waiting until week 1. Too funny. 

We're all speculating. No one but Harbaugh knows what's really going on. As far as we knew before week 1 last year he was 100%, he clearly was not. 

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

We're all speculating. No one but Harbaugh knows what's really going on. As far as we knew before week 1 last year he was 100%, he clearly was not. 

Without Joe and with Mallett this season has 4-12 written all over it. Harbs better get his resume in order. IMO it can be a better and more exciting team w/ Kap than Mallett. 

5 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Without Joe and with Mallett this season has 4-12 written all over it. Harbs better get his resume in order. IMO it can be a better and more exciting team w/ Kap than Mallett. 

Yeah, you seem to take some glee in such predictions, don't ya?

14 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I disagree. What makes you think Flacco was not 100% to begin the season? If you think he was not 100% simply because he played bad then I think you may be mistaken. I predicted he would play bad before the season started. Most quarterbacks play bad the following season after an injury like Flaccos. There is a mental hurdle they have to get over. 

With all that said, I think the team is going to do what is in the best interest for the team and that is to do whatever they can to get him healthy for the season. If he isn't going to be ready until week 3 then that is when he will play. They aren't going to risk the entire season for 1 week by rushing him out there. Backs are tricky. I know that. You know that. The Ravens know that and the doctors who examin Flacco know that. He is in great hands. 

1 hour ago, alienrace said:

Yeah, you seem to take some glee in such predictions, don't ya?

I am a realist. I don't believe is BS. Mallett had 4 years of training under Tom Brady. Wish he learned something. 

1 hour ago, johnpolitics said:

I am a realist. I don't believe is BS. Mallett had 4 years of training under Tom Brady. Wish he learned something. 

He sure looked good against the Steelers, didn't he? Actually I can't remember how he did but he did enough to win the game two seasons ago.

20 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

I disagree. What makes you think Flacco was not 100% to begin the season?

If you couldn't see that he wasn't 100% , I won't bother trying to convince you. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

If you couldn't see that he wasn't 100% , I won't bother trying to convince you. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Some idiot fans forget he was coming off the knee last year and was not 100%. 

Fans think because the defense is better that solve the offense problems  but if the defense is on the field 35 minutes a game that would effect even the 2000 Ravens. Great defenses have ground and pound offenses (1986 and 1990 Giants). The Ravens Offense may get pounded into the ground with the running game and Oline. 

On 8/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, johnpolitics said:

Some idiot fans forget he was coming off the knee last year and was not 100%. 

Fans think because the defense is better that solve the offense problems  but if the defense is on the field 35 minutes a game that would effect even the 2000 Ravens. Great defenses have ground and pound offenses (1986 and 1990 Giants). The Ravens Offense may get pounded into the ground with the running game and Oline. 

Sometimes when you lash out at others, you are really lashing out at yourself. 

What makes you think he wasn't fully recovered from surgery? Explain that to us idiots, tough guy. 

How long does it take to fully recover from  a surgery such as Flacco's surgery? What's that? Oh six to nine months? You are correct. So he had plenty of time to fully recover then. 

What's worrisome right now about Flacco is the fact he isn't even practicing. If he was just practicing and not playing in the preseason, it really wouldn't be a big deal; you can develop at least some modicum of rhythm in practice. But if he hasn't thrown a ball heading into Week 1, then that's a problem.

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Sometimes when you lash out at others, you are really lashing out at yourself. 

What makes you think he wasn't fully recovered from surgery? Explain that to us idiots, tough guy. 

How long does it take to fully recover from  a surgery such as Flacco's surgery? What's that? Oh six to nine months? You are correct. So he had plenty of time to fully recover then. 

Had similar surgery 20+ years ago. 6-9 months to recover, but to fully feel confident on the knee about a year. You see the scare everyday and think about it in some form.

When you break an arm the cast may come off in 6 weeks but you are protective of it for a while. Look how long it takes pitchers to REALLY recover from Tommy John. About 2 years.

Edited by johnpolitics