Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmorepunk

Confederate Monument Megathread

162 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

ELLICOTT CITY, MD - The Howard County Historical Society was not involved in the decision to remove a Confederate monument from the Howard County Circuit Courthouse grounds this week but will be handling its future. The museum announced that it has entered into an agreement to incorporate the piece into its Civil War collection.

https://patch.com/maryland/ellicottcity/confederate-monument-move-howard-county-historical-society-readies-addition

I see a pipe bomb in their future. 

9 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Ouch, The Courts House or The Historical Society ?

Just now, ODENTON said:

Ouch, The Courts House or The Historical Society ?

I was being sarcastic. I'm sick of all the hate. People have grossly overstated the impact of these statues. Some idiot on here said there were more confederate statues in Gettysburg then union statues. The truth is there are 3 times as many union vs. confederate. 

This whole subject is beyond stupid. 

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

I was being sarcastic. I'm sick of all the hate. People have grossly overstated the impact of these statues. Some idiot on here said there were more confederate statues in Gettysburg then union statues. The truth is there are 3 times as many union vs. confederate. 

This whole subject is beyond stupid. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

3 hours ago, FatBoy said:

You into pipe bombs ..??

( I did see you were being sarcastic ..)

22 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-national-cathedral-remove-windows-210242106.html

They actually honored those wicked people? What kind of God do they worship?

The same kind of God who said it was OK to beat your slaves enough to disable them for a day or two, as long as you didn't kill them (Exodus 21:20-21).

2 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

The same kind of God who said it was OK to beat your slaves enough to disable them for a day or two, as long as you didn't kill them (Exodus 21:20-21).

Just like Christopher Columbus "discovered" America, that passage was obviously written in there by a racist white.

Edited by EgyptKang

Obviously. 

Can't do the time... don't do the crime.  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/avoids-confederate-toppling-felony-cases-ongoing-51590817

Confederate statue climber: Riot, damage charges are unfair

"The protester who climbed a North Carolina Confederate statue to help topple it said Tuesday that she plans to fight rioting and property damage charges by seeing the case through to trial.  Takiyah Thompson was among nine protesters who appeared in court on charges that they tore down the statue in front of Durham's old courthouse. One fellow defendant struck a deal with prosecutors to avoid a felony, while Thompson and others had their cases continued until 2018.

Thompson said after the hearing that she won't take any prosecution deals and plans to go to trial because she believes the charges are unfair. Thompson has publicly acknowledged climbing a ladder and attaching the rope so that protesters on the ground could pull down the statue on Aug. 14.

She told reporters Tuesday that toppling the statue of an anonymous rebel soldier was the "will of the people" and that the legal case is symbolic of a larger struggle."  "It doesn't end until the fight against white supremacy is won, until white supremacy is abolished," she said.

I'm interested in what winning the "fight against white supremacy" looks like.  Anyone?

:rolleyes:

Edited by workerbee

43 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Can't do the time... don't do the crime.  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/avoids-confederate-toppling-felony-cases-ongoing-51590817

Confederate statue climber: Riot, damage charges are unfair

"The protester who climbed a North Carolina Confederate statue to help topple it said Tuesday that she plans to fight rioting and property damage charges by seeing the case through to trial.  Takiyah Thompson was among nine protesters who appeared in court on charges that they tore down the statue in front of Durham's old courthouse. One fellow defendant struck a deal with prosecutors to avoid a felony, while Thompson and others had their cases continued until 2018.

Thompson said after the hearing that she won't take any prosecution deals and plans to go to trial because she believes the charges are unfair. Thompson has publicly acknowledged climbing a ladder and attaching the rope so that protesters on the ground could pull down the statue on Aug. 14.

She told reporters Tuesday that toppling the statue of an anonymous rebel soldier was the "will of the people" and that the legal case is symbolic of a larger struggle."  "It doesn't end until the fight against white supremacy is won, until white supremacy is abolished," she said.

I'm interested in what winning the "fight against white supremacy" looks like.  Anyone?

:rolleyes:

When black supremacy completely replaces it.  Equality is apparently not on the table.

BTW how does a statue representing the common southern soldier represent white supremacy?  It doesn't.

Edited by Smokey 1

17 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

BTW how does a statue representing the common southern soldier represent white supremacy?  It doesn't.

The Confederacy, and those who fought for its cause, was about white supremacy. Anything representing the Confederacy is therefore about white supremacy. They were vile people, fighting for a vile cause, and most or all of those who honor them do so because they also believe in that cause. You can see it from how they behave.

30 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

When black supremacy completely replaces it.  Equality is apparently not on the table.

So the ending of white supremacy does not mean equality to you, but it means Black supremacy.

That explains a lot. White supremacy and privilege are simply natural to you.

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

So the ending of white supremacy does not mean equality to you, but it means Black supremacy.

It isn't what it means to me but that is the way it appears to be going. 

3 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

It isn't what it means to me but that is the way it appears to be going. 

You sound like a slave owner warning of the perils of emancipation.

11 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Can you explain this "equality" for me or give me an example from any other culture in the world that even closely defines it?

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

Can you explain this "equality" for me or give me an example from any other culture in the world that even closely defines it?

For starters , where We don't have statues glorifying white supremacy.

Where the wealth and health gap isn't caused by race.

Edited by hst2

Just now, hst2 said:

Where things like the wealth and health gaps aren't due in great part to race.

There are many more poor and unhealthy "whites" in the US than "blacks"... no?

Just now, workerbee said:

There are many more poor and unhealthy "whites" in the US than "blacks"... no?

Didn't say there were.

Just now, hst2 said:

Didn't say there were.

But there are.  Poor and unhealthy is not race related then? 

18 minutes ago, hst2 said:

You sound like a slave owner warning of the perils of emancipation.

Not hardly since I support full equality, I just don't believe that true equality involves "turning the tables".

Edited by Smokey 1

5 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Not hardly since I support full equality, I just don't believe that true equality involves "turning the tables".

Yeah, you support equality like those slave-owning Founders supported equality.

Just now, hst2 said:

Yeah, you support equality like those slave-owning Founders supported equality.

What are you basing that lie on?

40 minutes ago, workerbee said:

But there are.  Poor and unhealthy is not race related then? 

Just because there are poor and unhealthy people doesn't mean that there are not people who are poor and unhealthy due to white supremacy.

Even today, homes in predominantly Black neighborhoods have lower values than homes in predominantly white neighborhoods, even when their income is the same. And for most people, their wealth is tied up in their homes.