Lawman 27

Pugh's (lack of) commitment on crime

45 posts in this topic

Regarding the Sun article "Pugh's commitment on crime" from 18 August...

The Sun indicates that they are going to take the Mayor to task on the crime rate. ARE THEY KIDDING? Since when has the Sun ever taken any City politician to task for anything?

Sad to say, the homicide rate (along with all other crime rates) will skyrocket to new heights this year. Far from holding her to account, the Sun can be expected to generate great excuses for her. Next year, if the crime rate drops from astronomical to insane, you can expect the Sun to congradulate the Mayor for the crime drop.

City Citizens should not have to live in fear of the criminals and the Sun should be bringing issues to light (light for all, remember) instead of excusing them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like those late night info-mercials

But WAIT........till the consent decree is fully implemented....and policing is relegated to bag and tag.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

Regarding the Sun article "Pugh's commitment on crime" from 18 August...

The Sun indicates that they are going to take the Mayor to task on the crime rate. ARE THEY KIDDING? Since when has the Sun ever taken any City politician to task for anything?

Sad to say, the homicide rate (along with all other crime rates) will skyrocket to new heights this year. Far from holding her to account, the Sun can be expected to generate great excuses for her. Next year, if the crime rate drops from astronomical to insane, you can expect the Sun to congradulate the Mayor for the crime drop.

City Citizens should not have to live in fear of the criminals and the Sun should be bringing issues to light (light for all, remember) instead of excusing them

And we all know how concerned you are with city residents <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

And we all know how concerned you are with city residents <_<

Kenneth!


It has been a while.

As a matter of fact, when I was a City Lawman, I was quite concerned about the Citizens on my Police Post (They were my Citizens and I was their Officer). You don't see that any more cause the Police are reduced to 'report takers.' and the idea of a beat Cop (even in a car) is gone from the City. (Also, being pro-active about handling my Police Post got me removed from my Police Post (The supervisors wanted blank stats over old fashion Cops who knew the neighborhood).


(Speaking of concern for the Citizens, I still can see the face of the shooting (homicide) victim near Cold Spring and Reisterstown Road. I also remember the look his girlfirend had on her face when we went to her home (about a block away). ((He had committed the crime of bringing her lunch and was robbed on the way to her home)). I would say the Cops there had more concern than any Politician.

Something I did not know when I wrote this was the tremendous carnage that has occurred since yesterday. This is getting out of hand and it needs to be dealt with head on, not downplayed. The Sun needs to acknowledge the Crime, not give a free pass to the City's elite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She should ask the police to solve some crimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crime is the way it is in the city thanks to some police backing off and letting people commit crimes and the judges and prosecutors aren't any better.  My rule is if you are not fit for the job then you need to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crime is the way it is in the city because of the large number of people there who commit crimes, get right back out in the street with a slap and a wink, and because too many kids aren't being raised or cared for the right way.  They're allowed to run wild.  What do they have for role models? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hst2 said:

She should ask the police to solve some crimes.

Without planting evidence? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, hst2 said:

She should ask the police to solve some crimes.

She should also ask or really tell her prosecutors,  that all cases with reasonable evidence should be prosecuted and not just 'slam dunks' ...so their scalp count looks good. And while at it ask the judges to stop suspending penalties and have the convicted serve at least initially the full penalty.

What was it I read.....oh yeah in the Sun today

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-hogan-judges-20170822-story.html

Hogan to host private meeting with Baltimore officials about 'disturbing' crime levels

Hogan said earlier this month he was concerned that 60 percent of gun offenders convicted in Baltimore have more than half their sentences suspended — a frequent complaint expressed by police.

Oh and btw....police don't solve crimes....detectives do. Police collect evidence and write up reports on violations of law based on what happened at the time of the call. Beyond that.....it is not part of their job description....especially with the agreement in play now

 

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

 

Oh and btw....police don't solve crimes....detectives do. Police collect evidence and write up reports on violations of law based on what happened at the time of the call.

 

I would argue that to a degree. The Primary Officer gets the whole investigation going and the detectives take it from there. If the Officer does a good job, the detectives' job is that much easier.

THAT BEING SAID... Officers no longer spend time investigating the crimes, they are far too busy. Mostly they just give a complaint number so the Citizen can file an insurance claim. Also (and this part REALLY UPSETS ME) detectives are no longer seasoned veterans who solve crime, they are Officers who DOWNGRADE crimes to lower the stats. ( I personally arrested a Burglary suspect. I called the District Detectives (and interrupted their game of pool) to have them respond. THEY UNARRESTED MY SUSPECT because they decided that it was not a Burglary but a Malicious Destruction (breaking into the home) and a simple theft (stealing stuff from the home)).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

 

ahhhh I think I sort of got what you posted.....any chance that you could highlight what  you embedded in my original post?

Oh my..........again not on you......but.......

Interesting so much for claims that some nasty posters claim a quote is proof positive that the person in question...said something.... well if you could modify what is obviously your quote of me... Hmmmmmmmm.

MOD!!!!! Hello....web masters.    :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Law... would it be safe to say ....in this day and age....not in his time machine....that cops..enforce the law ....do the paperwork...push it uphill? BTW that is not to say that there are not many cops that solve a crime ....not at all....

That used to be called initiative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bogart said:

Crime is the way it is in the city thanks to some police backing off and letting people commit crimes and the judges and prosecutors aren't any better.  My rule is if you are not fit for the job then you need to go.

Your girl and others who fought for that deadly consent degree are reaping what you sow. For some odd reason,  you take criticism of Marilyn Mosby personally. Unfortunately for you. she is the catalyst of this cluster chuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guido2 said:

So Law... would it be safe to say ....in this day and age....not in his time machine....that cops..enforce the law ....do the paperwork...push it uphill? BTW that is not to say that there are not many cops that solve a crime ....not at all....

That used to be called initiative.

Police Officers do investigate crimes. They are the first responders to a crime. Detectives follow up on the preliminary investigation that the Officers have conducted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny said:

Your girl and others who fought for that deadly consent degree are reaping what you sow. For some odd reason,  you take criticism of Marilyn Mosby personally. Unfortunately for you. she is the catalyst of this cluster chuck.

Agreed, she started this mess by coddling a mob of dissidents. If I remember correctly, didn't these anarchists want the police to be reactive like the fire department? Now that the proverbial "fecal matter" has hit the fan, people want the police to come to the rescue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bogart said:

Crime is the way it is in the city thanks to some police backing off and letting people commit crimes and the judges and prosecutors aren't any better.  My rule is if you are not fit for the job then you need to go.

Lol, and if one isn't a law abiding citizen or at least try they shouldn't be fit to live. :lol: Why blame the cops when they're playing a game of futility?

Cops back off because they might not want to be sued or fired by lying garbage??? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manny said:

Your girl and others who fought for that deadly consent degree are reaping what you sow. For some odd reason,  you take criticism of Marilyn Mosby personally. Unfortunately for you. she is the catalyst of this cluster chuck.

give space to those “who wished to destroy.”

Gee, what could possibly go wrong???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, bogart said:

Crime is the way it is in the city thanks to some police backing off and letting people commit crimes and the judges and prosecutors aren't any better.  My rule is if you are not fit for the job then you need to go.

 

10 hours ago, Manny said:

Your girl and others who fought for that deadly consent degree are reaping what you sow. For some odd reason,  you take criticism of Marilyn Mosby personally. Unfortunately for you. she is the catalyst of this cluster chuck.

 

7 hours ago, NumberOneJimmy said:

Lol, and if one isn't a law abiding citizen or at least try they shouldn't be fit to live. :lol: Why blame the cops when they're playing a game of futility?

Cops back off because they might not want to be sued or fired by lying garbage??? :rolleyes:

 

7 hours ago, NumberOneJimmy said:

give space to those “who wished to destroy.”

Gee, what could possibly go wrong???

What is the old saying Careful what you wish for?

Well the populace or should I say the loud mouth thug huggers and thug families screamed loud and long that in affect 'cops should go away and let them live the lives the way they want'. Need I say more.

So now we have the consent decree, we have a few rougue cops making the entire department look bad and a court system letting even more bad guys free due to 'tainted evidance' which to a point I agree is right. HOWEVER, the prosecutors are dropping cased BEFORE cops are even proven guilty....case i point the 'planted drugs video'.

Interesting today in the paper titled Mosby, Davis warn on crime. A good line: Mosby/Davis say they are overseeing crime-fighing in a different climate than 6 years ago., when the city experienced fewer than 200 homicides for the first time in decades. Both Officials claimed those past gains were achieved using heavy handed tactics that have been disavowed.

TRANSLATION: Yah we know back then when we didn't mess around with bad guys actually locked them up crime dropped ...it worked. However, the extended thug families and perpetually offended raised a stink. So now we have pretend law enforcement and pretend courts just so we don't have anymore riots or frivolous law suits.

The city got what it wished for ....with more deaths and mayhem coming....as cops follow their wishes and patrol by driving by and accept the position of bag and tag clerks.

Sorry no pity anymore.

 

 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Agreed, she started this mess by coddling a mob of dissidents. If I remember correctly, didn't these anarchists want the police to be reactive like the fire department? Now that the proverbial "fecal matter" has hit the fan, people want the police to come to the rescue.  

What a stupid post.  So because some, not all Baltimoreans did not want the police around, all should suffer and murders should continue?  Blame the six for the way they treated Freddie.  That is what started all of this. So put blame where it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NumberOneJimmy said:

Lol, and if one isn't a law abiding citizen or at least try they shouldn't be fit to live. :lol: Why blame the cops when they're playing a game of futility?

Cops back off because they might not want to be sued or fired by lying garbage??? :rolleyes:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Confusing post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NumberOneJimmy said:

give space to those “who wished to destroy.”

Gee, what could possibly go wrong???

LOL where did they get you from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bogart said:

What a stupid post.  So because some, not all Baltimoreans did not want the police around, all should suffer and murders should continue?  Blame the six for the way they treated Freddie.  That is what started all of this. So put blame where it should be.

It is unlikely you believe this....but most posters here are putting the blame squarely where it belongs on the thug hugging, do-gooder, not my baby he couldn't do that, all cops are pigs...etc. group.

However the decent citizens let them go wild with their rants and demands....which they got or are getting. So blame either one. Your choice. The problem still remains.

I wager that if you polled decent citizens in the city and asked; With all the shortcomings of 'stop and frisk' and other programs under O'Malley. Would you like to see the PD go back to those methods.

I imagine the result would be a resounding YES. But bear in mind I am specifying DECENT CITIZENS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny headline in The Sun today: Pugh prays for Donald Trump."

Pope Prays For Peace; Pugh Prays for Trump."

Neither one seems to be making much headway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guido2 said:

He may be one....but their are many others here that realize Mosby had and continues to screw up. She just happens to be black....which is nearly impossible to avoid considering BC populace and the makeup of the higher level postions in government it has.

So, because she is black are you are saying that the flaws and failures can't be pointed out? Sure seems it.

I would bet my house that if it was a white person (male or female) that screwed up as much .....no take that back.....screwed up 1/10th as much as she had ....you would be on it at every opportunity like white on rice.

Why is everything about race for you?  Show me where you got that from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok not that I have a stake in the city, but what do all you Pugh haters propose she do that's within her power?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now