Lawman 27

Pugh's (lack of) commitment on crime

45 posts in this topic

This is what happens when I engage liars.  Post disappear.  Note to self continue to ignore Guido.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, bogart said:

This is what happens when I engage liars.  Post disappear.  Note to self continue to ignore Guido.

Ohhhh very classy.....now you are calling me a liar?

Your post disappear because they probably were trash at best and trolling at worst and the mods realized that you are not contributing just instigating problems.

Yes I noticed that you didn't have the guts to quote....and if that is your interpretation of ignore....have at it.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

On 8/25/2017 at 1:05 PM, Hank Moody said:

I'm convinced there is no crime solution for Baltimore.  Get the North Koreans to nuke it and start over.  Take a look at how beautiful Hiroshima is as a city these days.

http://www.worldstopmost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Hiroshima-Most-Beautiful-Japanese-Cities-2017.jpg

There are plenty of solutions. There just are no pols with the balls to propose and implement them. 

Edited by bmore_ken

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

There are plenty of solutions. Their just are no pols with the balls to propose and implement them. 

And that is because??????????????????????????????????????

In addition...............

Good you admitted it. Hogan tried to have a sit down with the powers that be...strangely :rolleyes: the ones that are likely most responsible for the mayhem...judges....refuse to meet. Gee I wonder why?

Edited by Guido2

On 8/25/2017 at 0:11 PM, Guido2 said:

Ohhhh very classy.....now you are calling me a liar?

Your post disappear because they probably were trash at best and trolling at worst and the mods realized that you are not contributing just instigating problems.

Yes I noticed that you didn't have the guts to quote....and if that is your interpretation of ignore....have at it.

I've noticed that also. I notice that posts get deleted when the mods feel that feelings will be crushed. This forum would be so much better if people were allowed to exercise their 1st amendment rights in their truest forms. You would think with all of these rudimentary rules that have to be followed, you would at least have the ability to express your thoughts on a topic.

9 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I've noticed that also. I notice that posts get deleted when the mods feel that feelings will be crushed. This forum would be so much better if people were allowed to exercise their 1st amendment rights in their truest forms. You would think with all of these rudimentary rules that have to be followed, you would at least have the ability to express your thoughts on a topic.

PMing you.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, AugusteDupin said:

Police Officers do investigate crimes. They are the first responders to a crime. Detectives follow up on the preliminary investigation that the Officers have conducted. 

Well, we DID (VERY PAST TENSE) investigate crimes.

Now, there are so many calls that the Officer responds, takes basic information, calls detectives to respond, gives a complaint number, and rushes off.

Detectives USED TO (AGAIN, VERY PAST TENSE) investigate crimes, now they just DOWNGRADE the crime to look good.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, demopublican said:

Without planting evidence? 

(Please take into account I AM AN OLD RETIRED GUY)...

No need to plant evidence to make a good case. There is so much out there, it is easy to find (IF YOU ARE A GOOD OFFICER).

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:28 AM, bmore_ken said:

Ok not that I have a stake in the city, but what do all you Pugh haters propose she do that's within her power?

Not a Pugh hater, but I have some ideas..

1) Do away with the Consent Decree, require Police to do the right thing without fear of a Judge 'hunting them down.'

2) RAISE the hiring standards. You advertise for the lowest standards, that is what you'll get. REQUIRE THE BEST OF YOUR PEOPLE, AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU THEIR BEST (the problem with that is it requires the City Council to start to do their best too).

3) Stand by your Police, if they do the right thing, acknowledge them. If they do the wrong thing, make an example of them!

4) Instead of letting the media write BS stories about the Police (to sell papers and increase viewership), very politely explain to the Media that while you welcome honest stories, any dishonest stories will result in an Arse Kicking!

Just for openers!

16 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Well, we DID (VERY PAST TENSE) investigate crimes.

Now, there are so many calls that the Officer responds, takes basic information, calls detectives to respond, gives a complaint number, and rushes off.

Detectives USED TO (AGAIN, VERY PAST TENSE) investigate crimes, now they just DOWNGRADE the crime to look good.

Well stated law.....maybe some of the numbnuts here will get it. When I was a cop ....we didn't necessarily investigate....but we continued to ask questions...get a tip....pass it on. Now as you said....especially in the city....they are so busy....doing paperwork or more importantly not getting dinged by some irritate idiot with a cell phone and a beef. Now it is bag and tag. Next!

As has been said....careful what you wish for BC. You want to be left alone.....you got it.

18 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

(Please take into account I AM AN OLD RETIRED GUY)...

No need to plant evidence to make a good case. There is so much out there, it is easy to find (IF YOU ARE A GOOD OFFICER).

Well law....this is where I disagree. But before I start planting evidence is definitely WRONG.

But when you and I were cops....bad guys were punished...end of story. Now? My thinking is that some cops think that unless we absolutely nail this guy to the cross (forget his 10yd rap sheet that the courts ignore) he will be out in  a heartbeat.

Say it ain't so.

Is it right...no....do the ends sometimes justify the means.....seem yes.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:28 AM, bmore_ken said:

Ok not that I have a stake in the city, but what do all you Pugh haters propose she do that's within her power?

Really? Wow judging from your posts all over the place.....

Well you sure could have fooled me. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

1) Do away with the Consent Decree, require Police to do the right thing without fear of a Judge 'hunting them down.'

2) RAISE the hiring standards. You advertise for the lowest standards, that is what you'll get. REQUIRE THE BEST OF YOUR PEOPLE, AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU THEIR BEST (the problem with that is it requires the City Council to start to do their best too).

3) Stand by your Police, if they do the right thing, acknowledge them. If they do the wrong thing, make an example of them!

4) Instead of letting the media write BS stories about the Police (to sell papers and increase viewership), very politely explain to the Media that while you welcome honest stories, any dishonest stories will result in an Arse Kicking!

Just for openers!

By the lines.

1. Good luck with that. It will only change when the geniuses start looking at the stats and realize that cops are doing what they are told 'patrol by riding by' and 'we are now the bag and tag squad' isn't working. That ggggeeeeeeee bad guys don't play by the rules and playing nice with thugs doesn't work.
  2. Raise the standards. Great concept. BC had to lower it's standards....prior convictions for drugs for one) just to get some bodies in. Do you think the best and the brightest are going to BC to be a cop? Where you can either get shot by anybody or your career get shot by some butthead with a beef and a video camera. 'He's a good boy' crap. :rolleyes:
  3. Well the city and pols and social justice types have gotten the 'cop did wrong thing' down pat. How much GOOD do cops do....but gee that doesn't sell papers nor get more dysfunctional voters on your side.
  4. See 3. Kicking the medias butt servers no purpose. Giving them even more fuel for their hug-a-thug mentality is foolish. Look here is an analogy; does it serve any purpose to try and sell ice cubes to Eskimos? You will not increase media circulation in BC if you start saying that cops are basically good and hardworking and you would be screwed if they walked off the job. Nope....bad mean old cops sell papers....never mind that the reason the bad mean old cops are around is because YOU ARE SCREWING UP AND THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE  YOU USELESS PEOPLE FROM YOURSELVES.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

Just for openers!

If you're not a Pugh hater, why create a thread with her name in it? As far as your suggestions go, you seem to think the police should have no oversight in the city. There's a reason the consent decree exists. Hell I created a thread the other day that showed police arrested and charged a man who spent time in prison for something he didn't even do. I get that you're a former officer and think police can do no wrong, but nothing could be farther from the truth. 

Edited by bmore_ken

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

If you're not a Pugh hater, why create a thread with her name in it? As far as your suggestions go, you seem to think the police should have no oversight in the city. There's a reason the consent decree exists. Hell I created a thread the other day that showed police arrested and charged a man who spent time in prison for something he didn't even do. I get that you're a former officer and think police can do no wrong, but nothing could be farther from the truth. 

If your name is at the top of the letterhead....then as Truman said 'The buck stops here'. Further at the time she was non-commital and had no plan on paper.

So your statement is bogus based on old info.

And the guy got released and got a nice pay off. So why you complaining. And for the record he got screwed IMHO. Further....you are blaming the wrong people....cops made the arrest....it was the 'system' that screwed him. The cops collected the evidance they could, the hosptials did there thing....the labs did theirs....the courts....theirs.

So while they all may share some of the blame....the bulk doesn't fall on the cops shoulders as you imply.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:54 PM, AugusteDupin said:

Police Officers do investigate crimes. They are the first responders to a crime.

They also commit crimes.

Governor Hogan's had his meeting; consent decree is floating somewhere; prosecutors and judges are sitting on their thumbs; police are frustrated by restrictions on policing.

Add it all up and you get that no one in Baltimore, or really any major city, has a clue how to deal seriously and effectively with  the current crime surge, particularly murders.

This may be like a forest fire that will have to burn itself out.  And many people will suffer while that is happening. Tragic.

;

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

They also commit crimes.

oohhhhh another intelligent comment from the peanut gallery.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, retired said:

Governor Hogan's had his meeting; consent decree is floating somewhere; prosecutors and judges are sitting on their thumbs; police are frustrated by restrictions on policing.

Add it all up and you get that no one in Baltimore, or really any major city, has a clue how to deal seriously and effectively with  the current crime surge, particularly murders.

This may be like a forest fire that will have to burn itself out.  And many people will suffer while that is happening. Tragic.

Oh believe me....if you could remove the thug huggers, politicians that want to be re-elected and cater to the CEBCs and their extended families, social activist judges, tainted jury's  and so on.

You can be damn sure 'we' need to be done. But there is that dang 'civil rights' thingy. :rolleyes:

Fire burning out....if you are equating to every last criminal being blown away....we got a ways to go. Especially so many JV players.

Lost cause.... considering the 'players' in charge.

Edited by Guido2