BigDrop

DeMatha vs Bishop Gorman Friday @900PM on ESPN

190 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Weather may play a role:  high temperature for Las Vegas is 103 degrees on Friday with kickoff at 6:00PM.

https://www.702hsfb.com/with-off-season-losses-and-on-field-victories-in-rear-view-gorman-focused-on-dematha/

On the national board it was noted that the DeMatha bench will be in the direct sunlight for at least the first quarter.  I hope DM can take precautions for this.

Edited by BigDrop

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Weather may play a role:  high temperature for Las Vegas is 103 degrees on Friday with kickoff at 6:00PM.

https://www.702hsfb.com/with-off-season-losses-and-on-field-victories-in-rear-view-gorman-focused-on-dematha/

On the national board it was noted that the DeMatha bench will be in the direct sunlight for at least the first quarter.  I hope DM can take precautions for this.

Come on Drop, let's not start making excuses now! Both teams will be playing in the heat, and DeMatha just played SFA in extreme heat and humidity and did very well, even by your account. Desert heat at 103 is dry, in the high 90's and 100% humidity like DM did last week, much tougher! 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

A thread for this!!!!!!  Who started this crap?  Oh nevermind, the dem pimp 2.0.  Pimpin' ain't easy...  I don't think this is the first time a game has been played in that Gorman stadium around this time of the year droop.  I have a fan water mister you'll can borrow since you representing DMV football out there.  You just need to add the V to the helmets or have you already given up the V to Gorman with this bull weather report.   :o

15 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

A thread for this!!!!!!  Who started this crap?  Oh nevermind, the dem pimp 2.0.  Pimpin' ain't easy...  I don't think this is the first time a game has been played in that Gorman stadium around this time of the year droop.  I have a fan water mister you'll can borrow since you representing DMV football out there.  You just need to add the V to the helmets or have you already given up the V to Gorman with this bull weather report.   :o

😂

I have been to a game at that stadium.  Have to say, it is in fact hot as hell.  But it is desert hot, which is different than east coast as we know.  You sweat without knowing it and some cramping is to be expected.  The time difference and travel hassle can factor into performance if the staff has not set the logistics and pregame agenda properly.  It should not be a surprise at this point.  The visiting team "bleachers" has the sun directly in your face at kick off as it sets in the west behind the mountains and home seat section.   Most of the second half will be played under the lights and it will cool off some.  It really is a dramatic setting.  They have a jumbo-tron and what looks to be a 30,000 sf glass fronted weight room overlooking the end zone.  Just processing that at the high school level is a fan/ spectator distraction.  It's a great experience.  

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Come on Drop, let's not start making excuses now! Both teams will be playing in the heat, and DeMatha just played SFA in extreme heat and humidity and did very well, even by your account. Desert heat at 103 is dry, in the high 90's and 100% humidity like DM did last week, much tougher! 

Yea DM has played and won in south Florida. No excuses. I'd much rather play in dry heat than a swamp. 

DM has had problems with not properly hydrating in the past so I hope they've learned their lesson and are already getting ready.  It will be too late tomorrow night.

Dematha will win this game.  Gorman has less talent than Dematha this year.  Gorman has 8 kids with offers and I think Dematha has at least 12.  Gorman only returns 4 starters on defense and their entire secondary is new.  I also think Dematha will roll through the rest of their schedule and have the lopsided victories it will need to move up in the rankigs.   This could be the year that a Maryland team wins the mythical national championship.  This could be great for our area.  

1 minute ago, aacountyfootball said:

Dematha will win this game.  Gorman has less talent than Dematha this year.  Gorman has 8 kids with offers and I think Dematha has at least 12.  Gorman only returns 4 starters on defense and their entire secondary is new.  I also think Dematha will roll through the rest of their schedule and have the lopsided victories it will need to move up in the rankigs.   This could be the year that a Maryland team wins the mythical national championship.  This could be great for our area.  

I think DM has zero shot at winning the MNC, their schedule is really weak this year! Not sure why they would schedule such a weak schedule, with all they believe they have. If they beat Gorman, which I believe they can, Gorman will lose multiple games. Mater Dei and DeLasalle will beat them, and they would probably lose to Central. So Gorman would be a 3-4 loss team. 

Only team with a shot at the MNC, would be SFA, and I think they have zero shot. 

13 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I think DM has zero shot at winning the MNC, their schedule is really weak this year! Not sure why they would schedule such a weak schedule, with all they believe they have. If they beat Gorman, which I believe they can, Gorman will lose multiple games. Mater Dei and DeLasalle will beat them, and they would probably lose to Central. So Gorman would be a 3-4 loss team. 

Only team with a shot at the MNC, would be SFA, and I think they have zero shot. 

If they beat BG and BG beats Mater Dei, DLS and Miami Central...they'd have a very very strong case:

Posted (edited)

And still not

48 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

....This could be the year that a Maryland team wins the mythical national championship.  This could be great for our area.  

And remember, still will not be "STATE CHAMPS."

Again, it would be great for DeMatha to win and NOT for "our area."  Was it great for Nevada high school football when Gorman was top dog last year or a particular regular season game they won or what it was, great for Gorman...  Gorman was the "mythical national champion" last year, not Nevada.  Was any particular regular game last year across the nation great for any area or just very good for the winning teams!!!  DeMatha is playing for the DM on their helmet, not the DMV.  Besides, BigDroop already gave the V (victory) up with this preemptive Vegas environment excuse.  :rolleyes:

But The DayWalker does want DeMatha to lock and load on mercenary central Gorman.

Edited by DayWalker

8 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

If they beat BG and BG beats Mater Dei, DLS and Miami Central...they'd have a very very strong case:

Absolutely.  I also think that if DM wins big over Gorman (which is very possible) that could be a factor even if Gorman doesnt beat those teams.  Either way, another undefeated DM season will definitely result in another top 5 finish. 

12 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

If DM beats them. I don't see Gorman winning all of those games. But let's just say they do, I still think the top Texas team, or an undefeated Aquinas team would get the vote over them.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

They would have to beat teams 84-8 like Gorman did a year ago. Gotta run up the numbers on Avalon, Carroll, BMAC, etc. Also not playing in a state playoff tourney hurts. 

Edited by Tomslick

24 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

They would have to beat teams 84-8 like Gorman did a year ago. Gotta run up the numbers on Avalon, Carroll, BMAC, etc. Also not playing in a state playoff tourney hurts. 

Yea if there was a MD state playoff, we'd be talking about a state champ that had to go through multiple nationally ranked teams to get there. It would help big time with the MNC stuff. DeMatha, SFA, McDonogh, Good Counsel, and Wise are all scattered in National Top 100's out there. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, aacountyfootball said:

Absolutely.  I also think that if DM wins big over Gorman (which is very possible) that could be a factor even if Gorman doesnt beat those teams.  Either way, another undefeated DM season will definitely result in another top 5 finish

Is there a top five trophy or banner or just another mythical thing I just wouldn't understand nor appreciate?  Just asking...

Edited by DayWalker

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea if there was a MD state playoff, we'd be talking about a state champ that had to go through multiple nationally ranked teams to get there. It would help big time with the MNC stuff. DeMatha, SFA, McDonogh, Good Counsel, and Wise are all scattered in National Top 100's out there. 

There is a MD state playoff and we talk about the champs all the time Sniper.  Come on Chevy C, you and yours seek validation thru them when your bored period start each December or later....  :wub:

Tell you what, let's together lobby for a MD state private playoff.....  But I have naming rights and it will be called the Usual Suspect Championship - The DeMatha Invitational.

8 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Is there a top five trophy or banner or just another mythical thing I just wouldn't understand nor appreciate?  Just asking...

It's a massive achievement to be regarded that highly. Trophies and banners are useless dust collectors. 

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

There is a MD state playoff and we talk about the champs all the time Sniper.  Come on Chevy C, you and yours seek validation thru them when your bored period start each December or later....  :wub:

Tell you what, let's together lobby for a MD state private playoff.....  But I have naming rights and it will be called the Usual Suspect Championship - The DeMatha Invitational.

"There is a MD state public school* playoff"....

Fixed it.  

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

It's a massive achievement to be regarded that highly. Trophies and banners are useless dust collectors. 

Yeah you're right Snip, trophies and banners do collect so much more dust than mythical achievements, especially the achievements ranked differently by various entities who tell you what you achieved.  BUT, you can readily choose and brag about the achievement that best suit you.  That's a great scam you got going on CC.  Do you bro, just do you!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, aacountyfootball said:

The area is and will be okay. It will be great for the fans of DM.

What if they lose is it bad for the area?

Edited by Tomslick

5 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

"There is a MD state public school* playoff"....

Fixed it.  

And DeMatha has been the "STATE CHAMPS", ask aaC, he Fixed That for you all...   :D

15 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

....... What if they lose is it bad for the area?

OOoopppsss, THERE IT IS, the thing in proper perspective.

16 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

The area is and will be okay. It will be great for the fans of DM.

What if they lose is it bad for the area?

I didnt say that the area will suffer if they lose. I said thay it would be great for the area if they did win.