BigDrop

DeMatha vs Bishop Gorman Friday @900PM on ESPN

190 posts in this topic

Just now, DayWalker said:

OOoopppsss, THERE IT IS, the thing in proper perspective.

Not really. Actually putting words in my mouth. 

45 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Is there a top five trophy or banner or just another mythical thing I just wouldn't understand nor appreciate?  Just asking...

Yea there are all kinds of accolades and hardware associated with the #4 ranking last year.  That doesnt take anything away from other maryland teams that win their respective tournament.  

18 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And DeMatha has been the "STATE CHAMPS", ask aaC, he Fixed That for you all...   :D

I didnt fix anything. Your gripe is with the wcac, maxpreps, usatoday, etc.  Maxpreps and the Army Reserve named the team

state champs in 2014 after winning the wcac so they made a shirt.  Get over it.  

1 minute ago, aacountyfootball said:

I didnt say that the area will suffer if they lose. I said thay it would be great for the area if they did win.  

So for you a win would be GREAT for DM and the DMV but a loss will be bad for DM but don't amount to crap for the DMV......  Have you every considered law as a career with your means to talk out of both sides of your mouth at once.....  :D

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

I didnt say that the area will suffer if they lose. I said thay it would be great for the area if they did win.  

And Im asking will the area suffer if they lose? 

The only people that will celebrate it is the DM faithful. The area doesnt need it to keep churning out talent or to be validated by somebody writing for USA today. As I look up and down the rosters of the top college teams in the country most have kids from the area (8 out of the top 10) That wont change win or lose! So please explain why it would be great for the area?

Edited by Tomslick

2 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

The only people that will celebrate it is the DM faithful. The area doesnt need it to keep churning out talent or to be validated by somebody writing for USA today. As I look up and down the rosters of the top college teams in the country most have kids from the area. That wont change win or lose! So please explain why it would be great for the area?

Yeah, like when the Ravens won the Superbowl, folks in DC party'd like it was 1999.  And the same in BMore when the Redskins won. The fireworks in Baltimore were a blast.  It was for the area....

Come on DMs, a win is for you.  A loss will hurt you.  There will be no affect on the DMV like colleges will suddenly discover the area or Papa John's is going to give away free pizzas.  The DayWalker is not going to suddenly respect you more for a win nor get in your @ZZ any less for a loss.  It's all about and on the DM; just the way you like it.

27 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And DeMatha has been the "STATE CHAMPS", ask aaC, he Fixed That for you all...   :D

I don't have to ask anyone anything. You keep trying to blame anyone who supports DM for that. Take your obsession over to the MaxPreps guys. 

3 hours ago, aacountyfootball said:

Dematha will win this game.  Gorman has less talent than Dematha this year.  Gorman has 8 kids with offers and I think Dematha has at least 12.  Gorman only returns 4 starters on defense and their entire secondary is new.  I also think Dematha will roll through the rest of their schedule and have the lopsided victories it will need to move up in the rankigs.   This could be the year that a Maryland team wins the mythical national championship.  This could be great for our area.  

Gorman has 12 kids with power 5 offers.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I don't have to ask anyone anything. You keep trying to blame anyone who supports DM for that. Take your obsession over to the MaxPreps guys. 

The post I saw complete with photo of player and trophy and caption of "STATE CHAMPS" wasn't from my man Max.  Nah bro. it "...wasn't no..." tee-shirt from confused and challenged MaxP.   :D

Edited by DayWalker

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah, like when the Ravens won the Superbowl, folks in DC party'd like it was 1999.  And the same in BMore when the Redskins won. The fireworks in Baltimore were a blast.  It was for the area....

Come on DMs, a win is for you.  A loss will hurt you.  There will be no affect on the DMV like colleges will suddenly discover the area or Papa John's is going to give away free pizzas.  The DayWalker is not going to suddenly respect you more for a win nor get in your @ZZ any less for a loss.  It's all about and on the DM; just the way you like it.

It doesn't matter what you think. Everyone knows how miserable you are. Your biggest problem, beside the OCD, is that you think you speak for everyone. It's an obnoxious amount of false confidence. 

Just because it significantly hurts you when DM, or any other top private, does well in these big OOS games, doesn't mean these games don't help or hurt MD's national reputation. It's not hard for me to admit that if Wise scheduled and beat St. Thomas Aquinas, it would be a great accomplishment for football in this area. But nah, take the lazy route DW. Since you can't support a public in a big OOS game, they don't matter. You're being beyond simple. 

16 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

The post I saw complete with photo of player and trophy and caption of "STATE CHAMPS" wasn't from my man Max.  Nah bro. it "...wasn't no..." tee-shirt from confused and challenged MaxP.   :D

Stop with the "bro" stuff. You look silly.

Where did the trophy come from? Take your argument up with them. Not a photo. A photo? Are you serious? 

3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

It doesn't matter what you think. Everyone knows how miserable you are. Your biggest problem, beside the OCD, is that you think you speak for everyone. It's an obnoxious amount of false confidence. 

Just because it significantly hurts you when DM, or any other top private, does well in these big OOS games, doesn't mean these games don't help or hurt MD's national reputation. It's not hard for me to admit that if Wise scheduled and beat St. Thomas Aquinas, it would be a great accomplishment for football in this area. But nah, take the lazy route DW. Since you can't support a public in a big OOS game, they don't matter. You're being beyond simple. 

This game does nothing for our national rep SB. Sorry!

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

:D  Daaaammmmmm Chevy Chase, you sound ticked and hurt feelings and all!  But like a DM-BG win or loss, it just does not affect one like The DayWalker outside of the Dem world like you all wish to tout.  Dude, Wise beating St Aq would not be a great accomplishment but just one game in a marathon to win states.  The public goals are different.  It's not a one or two early season games sprint for the public but a 14-game grind it out affair.  And more to my liking, that box of chocolates I talk about all the time.  Now if your season(s) were all or many BGs without near certain outcomes, I could be into your thing.  But it ain't so I ain't.  Moreover, I would not be so hard into your @ZZ with my toes spread if you and your lot didn't try to marginalize the publics so much.  But you do so I bring the public game up into your chest.  Deal with it northeast boarding school prep, deal with it....or take your hurt feelings back to DCSportsfan, the Morgue...  :D

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

This game does nothing for our national rep SB. Sorry!

Same exact thing goes for you, TS. You're slightly less miserable though. You can't support any local team in a big OOS game so it's doesn't matter. You're being lazy, can't put your feelings aside, and won't think out of your warped box. 

Edited by Silverbullet

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

:D  Daaaammmmmm Chevy Chase, you sound ticked and hurt feelings and all!  But like a DM-BG win or loss, it just does not affect one like The DayWalker outside of the Dem world like you all wish to tout.  Dude, Wise beating St Aq would not be a great accomplishment but just one game in a marathon to win states.  The public goals are different.  It's not a one or two early season games sprint for the public but a 14-game grind it out affair.  And more to my liking, that box of chocolates I talk about all the time.  Now if your season(s) were all or many BGs without near certain outcomes, I could be into your thing.  But it ain't so I ain't.  Moreover, I would not be so hard into your @ZZ with my toes spread if you and your lot didn't try to marginalize the publics so much.  But you do so I bring the public game up into your chest.  Deal with it northeast boarding school prep, deal with it....or take your hurt feelings back to DCSportsfan, the Morgue...  :D

Not at all. You're projecting again. You've got the chip on your shoulder. Like I said, if HD Woodson beats St. Ed's in Ohio this year, it would be a huge deal for DC football. I can admit that. If Wise or Franklin went OOS, I'd hope for a win for the area. I know this may seem foreign to you, DW. I get it. You're not from here. You're a transplant. 

Just now, Silverbullet said:

Same exact thing goes for you, TS. You're slightly less miserable though. You can't support any local team in a big OOS game so it's doesn't matter. You're being lazy, can't put your feeling aside, and won't think out of your warped box. 

I have no issue with the OOC games SB. But lets be true here it does nothing for our area at all. A lost isnt gonna hurt Hellams if he wants to commit to Clemson. What about Lil OC will Maryland pull his offer if they lose? If the game itself doesnt affect the DM kids directly then how will it affect the area? 

20 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

I have no issue with the OOC games SB. But lets be true here it does nothing for our area at all. A lost isnt gonna hurt Hellams if he wants to commit to Clemson. What about Lil OC will Maryland pull his offer if they lose? If the game itself doesnt affect the DM kids directly then how will it affect the area? 

Not debating the recruiting aspect. It won't affect that. Everyone knows we have athletes. It does affect how people view the level of Maryland football, whether you like it or not. If you think staying in our little pond is cool, then that's your deal. Most people around here want to compete against the country's best and see how we stack up. For those people, this game, and others like it, matter...

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

The only people that will celebrate it is the DM faithful. The area doesnt need it to keep churning out talent or to be validated by somebody writing for USA today. As I look up and down the rosters of the top college teams in the country most have kids from the area (8 out of the top 10) That wont change win or lose! So please explain why it would be great for the area?

There is a sense of pride when local sports teams do well on any national stage.  For example, I could care less about girl's lacrosse or soccer.  But I am proud that the local area has produced some of the top ranked girls lax and soccer teams. I think most people feel the same way. 

Recruiting is one thing. Quality high school football is another.  Maryland has been a football recruiting hotbed for a long time but maryland has not been known to translate that talent pool to elite high school football.  If a local team does well on the national stage then that helps combat the perception about the quality of maryland hs football.  

These are all common sense points to me. 

Just now, Silverbullet said:

Not debating the recruiting aspect. It won't affect that. Everyone knows we have athletes. It does affect how people view the level of Maryland football, whether you like it or not. If you think staying in our little pond is cool, then that's your deal. Most people around here want to compete against the country's best and see how we stack up. For those people, this game, and others like it, matter...

How we stack up is all on the rosters of the top 10 teams (NCAA) in the country, which is a decent representative of the entire NCAA.

6 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

There is a sense of pride when local sports teams do well on any national stage.  For example, I could care less about girl's lacrosse or soccer.  But I am proud that the local area has produced some of the top ranked girls lax and soccer teams. I think most people feel the same way. 

Recruiting is one thing. Quality high school football is another.  Maryland has been a football recruiting hotbed for a long time but maryland has not been known to translate that talent pool to elite high school football.  If a local team does well on the national stage then that helps combat the perception about the quality of maryland hs football.  

These are all common sense points to me. 

Common sense says that if we are a recruiting hotbed that we play quality HS football. I dont know one kid thats spending their summers running around in the heat with equipment on thats playing football for ****s and giggles. Not one!

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Common sense says that if we are a recruiting hotbed that we play quality HS football. I dont know one kid thats spending their summers running around in the heat with equipment on thats playing football for ****s and giggles. Not one!

That assumption is why Maryland HS football lags other states.  I coached at msj and we went to Steubenville amd they looked like a damn youth team when they came out of the lockerroom. They kicked our butts when it counted.  They were just a better football team even though we were more talented.  Quality HS football is not about talent or offers. It is about blocking, tackling, sound schemes,  ball security, special teams amd heart.  

Edited by aacountyfootball

13 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

That assumption is why Maryland HS football lags other states.  I coached at msj and we went to Steubenville amd they looked like a damn youth team when they came out of the lockerroom. They kicked our butts when it counted.  They were just a better football team even though we were more talented.  Quality HS football is not about talent or offers. It is about blocking, tackling, sound schemes,  ball security, special teams amd heart.  

I get it you dudes are worried about what some other dudes are saying nationally! My advice, tell them to look at any top NCAA roster on down and somebody from their state is sitting behind one of our kids. When was the last time we couldnt celebrate one of our very own for winning a National Championship? 

2 hours ago, Tomslick said:

I get it you dudes are worried about what some other dudes are saying nationally! My advice, tell them to look at any top NCAA roster on down and somebody from their state is sitting behind one of our kids. When was the last time we couldnt celebrate one of our very own for winning a National Championship? 

You're stuck on the NCAA football thing. I'll try and put this on a college scale for you...

What if a Big 12 fan was talking to an SEC fan and the SEC fan challenged the level of play in the Big 12 conference? Does the Big 12 fan say, "well we put guys in the NFL too"? He'd get laughed out of the room. You gauge a league on the competition they play and how they do against it. Matriculation is not a meter that helps you decide how good Maryland high school football is...

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You're stuck on the NCAA football thing. I'll try and put this on a college scale for you...

What if a Big 12 fan was talking to an SEC fan and the SEC fan challenged the level of play in the Big 12 conference? Does the Big 12 fan say, "well we put guys in the NFL too"? He'd get laughed out of the room. You gauge a league on the competition they play and how they do against it. Matriculation is not a meter that helps you decide how good Maryland high school football is...

Completely different!!! <_< And I dont feel like getting into the differences! 

Yall need to stop trying to justify the meaning of this game beyond the DM faithful and its players. Its no more than a conversation piece at the most, and for the past several hours all you DM guys have confirmed that. 

2 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Completely different!!! <_< And I dont feel like getting into the differences! 

Yall need to stop trying to justify the meaning of this game beyond the DM faithful and its players. Its no more than a conversation piece at the most, and for the past several hours all you DM guys have confirmed that. 

Call it different all you want. Call it fake news for all I care. The truth hurts when it's something that you don't want to hear. The reputation of Maryland high school football is directly on the shoulders of the teams that put it on the line against top competition from around the country. Good Counsel has done it, SFA has done it, Gilman, DeMatha, McDonogh, etc...Just because you personally have a grudge against DeMatha doesn't change that.