BigDrop

DeMatha vs Bishop Gorman Friday @900PM on ESPN

190 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

I agree. But where I am from, kids play for their school, neighborhood and community first. Beating your rival is more important than an offer or rivals ranking to many of these kids.   That is the cultural difference and the reason why Ohio, Texas, etc HS football is overall better even though the per capita recruiting statistics may not be.  Nothing wrong with kids having a combine mentality when it comes to HS football, but that comes at a price.  Maryland is known to have great individual talent but not known to have great teams, which it appears everyone debating in this thread agrees with.  

DCPS would have great teams if they went from 13 schools down to 6 for a pop of about 600k. Cant change that though so why argue about their teams? I can argue about their talent though! ST. Edwards 865 all male vs HD Woodson 634 co-ed., advantage St. ED's. HD has played them several times in the past and gets clobbered. But this game is used for a tune up prior to league play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

Speak for DM... You cant speak for Bullis or what they do academically. My youngin was at McKinley Tech and one of his friends couldnt get into Tech but got into DM. All he had to do was go to summer school. That kid eventually left DM and had to sit out at another DC public because of his academic profile coming out of DM.  Cut it out!

 

You're kind of out of the loop on this one, TS. Bullis has a beautiful campus and looks the part of being an elite academic school. It's tricky to the untrained eye, I know. I'm sure they have kids that end up at great schools. Everyone does around here. But, as a whole, Bullis is the back up school for IAC seeking families. You're paying 30k+ a year just to say you go to an IAC school. Nobody that actually knows anything about academics in the area would ever say that Bullis is a juggernaut. It's just ok academically and  was worse up until a decade ago. DeMatha's current principal Dr. Dan McMahon did a great job of changing things at Bullis when he was the principal of their upper school. He's even said that he enjoyed it so much that DeMatha was the only other job he would leave Bullis for. I'm not sure why anyone is bringing up McDonogh or Gilman. Those two schools are on a total different level than Bullis. 

Edited by Silverbullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

...... Maryland is known to have great individual talent but not known to have great teams, which it appears everyone debating in this thread agrees with.  

So what if Maryland is not known to have great teams!!!!!  You think DeMatha beating Gorman will dispel "..everyone's thoughts.." on this matter.  If so, then the subsequent lose or loses would open Pandora's box again and depress all of MD again aaC.  But that is NOT the case.  You and your Stag groups are trying so hard to wrap yourselves around the MD flag and self putting yourselves up to represent MD and the DMV when in fact you will represent DeMatha and that's about it.  The only team that represented MD was the MD BIG33 teams.  Any others are as fake as DeMatha and you proclaim to be STATE CHAMPS.  Bogus aaC, merely bogus.

Go out and beat Gorman and feel good about yourselves.  Or lose to Gorman and be just another team who waltzed into their domain and left sorely disappointed, but not the area where the losing team came from.  The skin in this game aaC is all yours.  Ask Good Counsel when they ventured out west.  DeM probably snickered a bit then....did you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

So what if Maryland is not known to have great teams!!!!!  You think DeMatha beating Gorman will dispel "..everyone's thoughts.." on this matter.  If so, then the subsequent lose or loses would open Pandora's box again and depress all of MD again aaC.  But that is NOT the case.  You and your Stag groups are trying so hard to wrap yourselves around the MD flag and self putting yourselves up to represent MD and the DMV when in fact you will represent DeMatha and that's about it.  The only team that represented MD was the MD BIG33 teams.  Any others are as fake as DeMatha and you proclaim to be STATE CHAMPS.  Bogus aaC, merely bogus.

Go out and beat Gorman and feel good about yourselves.  Or lose to Gorman and be just another team who waltzed into their domain and left sorely disappointed, but not the area where the losing team came from.  The skin in this game aaC is all yours.  Ask Good Counsel when they ventured out west.  DeM probably snickered a bit then....did you?

 

I was pissed when GC lost to Gorman. Just like I was pissed when Gilman lost to Manatee. And when DeMatha lost to St. X. And when Wise lost to SPP. And when McD lost to Mallard Creek. I could go on and on...

When any of our teams leave the state to play a big game, I feel like they are showing other parts of the country what we have going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never said this one game would change anything. This would not be the first or the last time a local team beat a national powerhouse. In that regard, I do think folks could be overstating the impact of this one game. I simply said that if DM wins the MNC that it would be good for the area. Apparently, my view that local team winning the MNC would be a good thing is controversial.  I am not sure why, but whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

You're kind of out of the loop on this one, TS. Bullis has a beautiful campus and looks the part of being an elite academic school. It's tricky to the untrained eye, I know. I'm sure they have kids that end up at great schools. Everyone does around here. But, as a whole, Bullis is the back up school for IAC seeking families. You're paying 30k+ a year just to say you go to an IAC school. Nobody that actually knows anything about academics in the area would ever say that Bullis is a juggernaut. It's just ok academically and  was worse up until a decade ago. DeMatha's current principal Dr. Dan McMahon did a great job of changing things at Bullis when he was the principal of their upper school. He's even said that he enjoyed it so much that DeMatha was the only other job he would leave Bullis for. I'm not sure why anyone is bringing up McDonogh or Gilman. Those two schools are on a total different level than Bullis. 

Stay in the present SB. I know about the past several years and what DR. B is doing at Bullis coming from one of the top STEM schools in the country. Plus he is a local guy! Next time youre riding down 193 look over and his name is on the Gym at E. Roosevelt and will be attached to the new STEM buliding up Bullis. And you know what its okay to be the back up to some of the top boarding schools in America. I think thats fine! Some kids might not like boarding or being in a single sex school. Or might have younger sisters and brothers and the parents can get a discount if they all were at the same school. Thats a really good option to offer families. Remember Bullis is 2-12 grades.

Most of the kids I know that have come out of there take the SAT/ACT one time and gain acceptance to the school of their choice and dont have to go to summer school to get their grades up. I know student athletes that finish with 5-6 maths the same for the sciences, "way above the academic requirements" and a STEM or entrepreneurship program on their transcripts because they push the students academically, socially and athletically. They have their own Shark Tank! If you win they fund your start-up. You have to play two sports. You have to do habitat for humanities and outdoor ED as a requirement. Kids travel abroad in the lower school as does the high school students. And the Arts is huge at the school because everybody wont be successful in sports. They also push for an additional year of foreign language again above the standard HS requirements. Youngin hated Mandarin but had to take it one more year at Bullis. We looked at DM and they didnt offer the academic opportunities we were looking for, Bullis did! STJ didnt, ABC didnt either. And Gilman was too dayum far for me. 

But what does Bullis have to do with you goofy jokers and DM playing Gorman in a meaningless game! Absolutely nothing! 

Edited by Tomslick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I was pissed when GC lost to Gorman. Just like I was pissed when Gilman lost to Manatee. And when DeMatha lost to St. X. And when Wise lost to SPP. And when McD lost to Mallard Creek. I could go on and on...

When any of our teams leave the state to play a big game, I feel like they are showing other parts of the country what we have going on here. 

Dude,

Sports is where winning some and losing some is the wet that comes with the water, absolutely nothing to get all "pissed" over.  Get things in perspective fellow, it ain't life or death!!!  Some teams are better at times and win a lot more than one loses but NO ONE, NO ONE NO ONE wins them all to never get "pissed."  Then again, you've been "pissed" at The DayWalker since you've been on this board pimpin' your Dem_wit BS so you must feel like a very big loser to me, sorry...but I digress.  Yet hopefully you will not get pissed tonight but rest assure the rest of the DMV will not lose any sleep like you and your over-the-top lot of a Dem loss nor will the DMV run wildly down the streets of Georgetown or Hyville with a Dem win.

By the way, Wise starting Jabari Laws in his very first varsity game as a sophomore I think he was and losing to SPP was no great disappointment to anyone including Wise.  They went to play SPP for a NJ season kickoff PAYDAY.  Wise was going to take an @zz whippin' anyway from that 2014 DMV #1 DouglassPG team Wise had booked but back out of for the money if it was going to lose.  But tell me Sniper since you were SO upset over Wise losing to SPP that year.  Were you also pissed that Bowie lost in the same NJ PAYDAY event or do you just follow Wise?  :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

I never said this one game would change anything. This would not be the first or the last time a local team beat a national powerhouse. In that regard, I do think folks could be overstating the impact of this one game. I simply said that if DM wins the MNC that it would be good for the area. Apparently, my view that local team winning the MNC would be a good thing is controversial.  I am not sure why, but whatever. 

I never said is GA's most famous last words......  :P

Dude, the nation just will not rise and applaud the "DMV" should some local team or teams beat some of over 10,000 to perhaps 15,000 teams.  You just have a wild-eyed grossly distorted perspective on this matter aaC.  It will all boil down to DeM will be elated over a win or deeply sadden if they lose.  Gorman will probably call it business as usual if they win and start more mercenary hunting Monday if they lose.  And the band plays on in the Ball of Confusion.

Pull up aaC, pull up and away from SB before it's too late....  MNC.....you guys just kill me making up shyte. 

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Stay in the present SB. I know about the past several years and what DR. B is doing at Bullis coming from one of the top STEM schools in the country. Plus he is a local guy! Next time youre riding down 193 look over and his name is on the Gym at E. Roosevelt and will be attached to the new STEM buliding up Bullis. And you know what its okay to be the back up to some of the top boarding schools in America. I think thats fine! Some kids might not like boarding or being in a single sex school. Or might have younger sisters and brothers and the parents can get a discount if they all were at the same school. Thats a really good option to offer families. Remember Bullis is 2-12 grades.

Most of the kids I know that have come out of there take the SAT/ACT one time and gain acceptance to the school of their choice and dont have to go to summer school to get their grades up. I know student athletes that finish with 5-6 maths the same for the sciences, "way above the academic requirements" and a STEM or entrepreneurship program on their transcripts because they push the students academically, socially and athletically. They have their own Shark Tank! If you win they fund your start-up. You have to play two sports. You have to do habitat for humanities and outdoor ED as a requirement. Kids travel abroad in the lower school as does the high school students. And the Arts is huge at the school because everybody wont be successful in sports. They also push for an additional year of foreign language again above the standard HS requirements. Youngin hated Mandarin but had to take it one more year at Bullis. We looked at DM and they didnt offer the academic opportunities we were looking for, Bullis did! STJ didnt, ABC didnt either. And Gilman was too dayum far for me. 

But what does Bullis have to do with you goofy jokers and DM playing Gorman in a meaningless game! Absolutely nothing! 

Don't get me wrong, Bullis is a very fine school. It just gets awkward when it's talked about as a leading academic center while coming extremely hard at DM.  Not sure how they came up. They don't play OOS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Dude,

Sports is where winning some and losing some is the wet that comes with the water, absolutely nothing to get all "pissed" over.  Get things in perspective fellow, it ain't life or death!!!  Some teams are better at times and win a lot more than one loses but NO ONE, NO ONE NO ONE wins them all to never get "pissed."  Then again, you've been "pissed" at The DayWalker since you've been on this board pimpin' your Dem_wit BS so you must feel like a very big loser to me, sorry...but I digress.  Yet hopefully you will not get pissed tonight but rest assure the rest of the DMV will not lose any sleep like you and your over-the-top lot of a Dem loss nor will the DMV run wildly down the streets of Georgetown or Hyville with a Dem win.

By the way, Wise starting Jabari Laws in his very first varsity game as a sophomore I think he was and losing to SPP was no great disappointment to anyone including Wise.  They went to play SPP for a NJ season kickoff PAYDAY.  Wise was going to take an @zz whippin' anyway from that 2014 DMV #1 DouglassPG team Wise had booked but back out of for the money if it was going to lose.  But tell me Sniper since you were SO upset over Wise losing to SPP that year.  Were you also pissed that Bowie lost in the same NJ PAYDAY event or do you just follow Wise?  :wub:

It's a great look for MD high school football in general when a state school takes down one of the nation's elite. You gotta get over it. We keep going back and forth about nothing. We get it. You're not from here. It doesn't matter to you personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Don't get me wrong, Bullis is a very fine school. It just gets awkward when it's talked about as a leading academic center while coming extremely hard at DM.  Not sure how they came up. They don't play OOS. 

Cause your lot stated Bullis with Haskins his senior year was better than any team in Ohio....  Maybe that's how it came up like so much off the wall dodo you guys bring up.  But do try to keep up with the dialog and who is saying what Chevy C.  The DayWalker just losses it when you lose track of what we are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Cause your lot stated Bullis with Haskins his senior year was better than any team in Ohio....  Maybe that's how it came up like so much off the wall dodo you guys bring up.  But do try to keep up with the dialog and who is saying what Chevy C.  The DayWalker just losses it when you lose track of what we are talking about.

Nice catch. Must of missed that one. That's a true statement about that Bullis team. Crazy how they finished at 5-4 that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Don't get me wrong, Bullis is a very fine school. It just gets awkward when it's talked about as a leading academic center while coming extremely hard at DM.  Not sure how they came up. They don't play OOS. 

They play OOS they stay local...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

It's a great look for MD high school football in general when a state school takes down one of the nation's elite. You gotta get over it. We keep going back and forth about nothing. We get it. You're not from here. It doesn't matter to you personally. 

Nope, DeM's skin is in the game against Gorman, not so called MD HS football.  You may want to think you are championing the DMV cause be the DMV did not select DM to do so.  You represent YOU.  Tomorrow kids will chat about how DM won or how DM lost and not how the DMV suffered another one on the chin.

And I let you go on and on about me not being from here but I am probably more from here than you as I am the son of a career military father and so was I.  He as a soldier and I as a solider and family have roots here that are probably deeper than your northeast boarding ilk.  On one of our tours of duty in the DMV, I was with Mr Calvin Woodland before he officially created his Woodland Raiders in southeast DC.  So chill bro!!!  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Nice catch. Must of missed that one. That's a true statement about that Bullis team. Crazy how they finished at 5-4 that season.

That wasnt their best team their Jr year was. Again yall dont know ****!

During the Sr year Cam didnt finish and yours truely never played in a single game. He got hurt two days before the MSJ opener. For most of the year they had to keep the coverages simple due to secondary playing with freshman. Same thing on offense. They had to move a TE to the X and a back-up WR/DB started at the Z. No depth! But all in schools representing the area very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Nice catch. Must of missed that one. That's a true statement about that Bullis team. Crazy how they finished at 5-4 that season.

Not crazy Sniper, Bullis was beaten 4 times, no one loss anomaly.  And a game or two were close wins.  They were NOT the team you la la land ladies thought they were when the final exam is on the field of play and not the minds of maniacs like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Nope, DeM's skin is in the game against Gorman, not so called MD HS football.  You may want to think you are championing the DMV cause be the DMV did not select DM to do so.  You represent YOU.  Tomorrow kids will chat about how DM won or how DM lost and not how the DMV suffered another one on the chin.

And I let you go on and on about me not being from here but I am probably more from here than you as I am the son of a career military father and so was I.  He as a soldier and I as a solider and family have roots here that are probably deeper than your northeast boarding ilk.  On one of our tours of duty in the DMV, I was with Mr Calvin Woodland before he officially created his Woodland Raiders in southeast DC.  So chill bro!!!  :rolleyes:

Got it. You don't care about the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

That wasnt their best team their Jr year was. Again yall dont know ****!

During the Sr year Cam didnt finish and yours truely never played in a single game. He got hurt two days before the MSJ opener. For most of the year they had to keep the coverages simple due to secondary playing with freshman. Same thing on offense. They had to move a TE to the X and a back-up WR/DB started at the Z. No depth! But all in schools representing the area very well.

That's an unbelievably inspiring story. You should look into a book deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silverbullet said:

That's an unbelievably inspiring story. You should look into a book deal.

Right, all those kids in the last 3 classes are doing really good at the next level and representing the area extremely well out of the little back up IAC/ISL school that plays no major OOS games. But the recruiters keep coming back! I wonder why...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Right, all those kids in the last 3 classes are doing really good at the next level and representing the area extremely well out of the little back up IAC/ISL school that plays no major OOS games. But the recruiters keep coming back! I wonder why...?

We both know why they come back. Cilento knows his stuff and they have a few ballers per year like RBS, FCA, Pallotti etc...Talent around here isn't the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

Got it. You don't care about the game. 

Not to the life or death extent you fan(atics) care SB.  To me from my public lane, it would be one of fourteen important games toward STATES, not the one be-all-to-end all and raise the tide of Maryland High School Football power perception and other smoke you are trying to blow up a vamp's rump.  You are having so much trouble doing that SB because unlike you all, vamp's don't have a-holes.  For DMvBG, I see just two mercenary divas having a testosterone bath with your likes peeking in so you can get off.

Now I said that I would prefer DeMatha to win and may even watch the game.  But if one of my buddies call and ask if I want to come watch some paint dry, I just may have to logon in here later for the game rundown of course ignoring anything you, BigDroop, and aaC would have to say about the over-hyped affair.  Now now, you know I'm just kidding with (maybe), right?  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dematha dominating the LOS early.  This will only get worse for Gorman as the game goes on.  Gorman looks really soft up front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will get ugly by the fourth quarter.  Gorman getting manhandled up front.  Dematha has a fee missed blocks but otherwise manhandling Gorman on both sides.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now