Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Harvey devastating SE Texas

156 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Calamari said:

That and how much will get them a cup of coffee these days?

Probably more than your snarky comments will ever give them. 

1 hour ago, mlatoman said:

Probably more than your snarky comments will ever give them. 

I'd rate it at equal. At least I'm not using their plight as a platform to signal my goodness with hollow platitudes.

However, if you actually want to help these people in the self-proclaimed greatest state of Texas, which is so superior to everyone else that they certainly need no assistance now, here is how:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-help-hurricane-harvey-victims-1798478902

Notice that "Thoughts and Prayers" is nowhere on this list, as that is just making a show of yourself.

Edited by Calamari

1 hour ago, Calamari said:

I'd rate it at equal. At least I'm not using their plight as a platform to signal my goodness with hollow platitudes.

However, if you actually want to help these people in the self-proclaimed greatest state of Texas, which is so superior to everyone else that they certainly need no assistance now, here is how:

Notice that "Thoughts and Prayers" is nowhere on this list, as that is just making a show of yourself.

Tell of us how much you donated. 

3 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Tell of us how much you donated. 

What is this sentence in English?

2 minutes ago, Calamari said:

What is this sentence in English?

Oh boy! I accidentally deleted the word "all" as in "tell all of us" and you called me on it! I thought you were intelligent enough to have deciphered the meaning and intent. 

Well, I'm quite sure you did. But rather than follow your own advice and answer the post vs attacking the poster, you decided to do the latter. Now...don't you feel special? 

12 minutes ago, Calamari said:

You sound upset.

Nonsense. I'm just following your lead. You should have instantly recognized it. Shocking that you did not. You're slipping. 

Just now, mlatoman said:

Nonsense. I'm just following your lead. You should have instantly recognized it. Shocking that you did not. You're slipping. 

Hopes and Prayers that you get over whatever it is that troubles you so. -_-

7 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Hopes and Prayers that you get over whatever it is that troubles you so. -_-

Thanks. Maybe I'll make coffee to go with it. 

19 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Thanks. Maybe I'll make coffee to go with it. 

Maybe she doesn't know that one can hope and/or pray -- and make a financial contribution as well. Rather narrow-minded of her to go after people based on her own shallow opinion of people. But it is what it is.

13 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

If Harvey ends up back over the Gulf it could gather energy again. 

I think that scenario is now unfolding. Scary

Huricane ravaging TX??!?

Thanks Obama!

:P

I don't know the geography of texas very well. Is this a particularly low lying area or are the rains just that biblical in nature?

1 hour ago, AttackPlanR said:

Huricane ravaging TX??!?

Thanks Obama!

:P

You mean he's stuck in it? :) Fear not, a dog or snake will cruise by.

5 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

I don't know the geography of texas very well. Is this a particularly low lying area or are the rains just that biblical in nature?

Both. Houston is checkered with bayous.

11 hours ago, Calamari said:

More proof liberalism is a mental disorder.

7 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Most of the blame for the flooding is the population growth in Houston and the increased amount of pavement that prevents the rain from soaking into the ground. It's filling up on the pavement instead. The problem will only get worse as the population grows in Houston. 

Edited by flyboy56

12 hours ago, Calamari said:

And to which one of these organizations did you send your donation?

28 minutes ago, bystander said:

And to which one of these organizations did you send your donation?

Just more free speech a looney lefty wants to shut down. Soon calamari will be calling for a law to prevent Christians from openly showing the Cross necklace. 

Pearland neighborhood during a lull in the rain. And then the rain came down again.

The Republican governor advised everyone to evacuate.

“A lot of people are going to go a long time without basic necessities. If you have the ability to evacuate and go someplace else for a little while, that would be good.Gov Greg Abbot (R)

The stupid Democrat mayor said not to evacuate.

“Please think twice before trying to leave Houston en masse. No evacuation orders have been issued for the city,”  Mayor Sylvester Turner (D)

The city's is underwater, but somehow this will be Trump's fault, just like Ray "I'm in prison now" Nagin [messed] up New Orleans during Katrina and tried to blame the Feds.

Edited by Baltimatt
Language

I haven't noticed any one blaming Trump but come on! It's unseemly to be promoting a friend's book during a natural disaster. Or, frankly, tweeting anything but plans to help. Don't make excuses for his behavior either. This guy is missing a few screws.

Edited by Sprightly

2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I haven't noticed any one blaming Trump but come on! It's unseemly to be promoting a friend's book during a natural disaster. Or, frankly, tweeting anything but plans to help. Don't make excuses for his behavior either. This guy is missing a few screws.

The Trumpists see nothing wrong with his behavior, ever.

3 hours ago, Bluto said:

The Republican governor advised everyone to evacuate.

The stupid Democrat mayor said not to evacuate.

The city's is underwater, but somehow this will be Trump's fault, just like Ray "I'm in prison now" Nagin [messed] up New Orleans during Katrina and tried to blame the Feds.

6.5 million people. Two days. What idiocy.

Edited by Baltimatt
Language in quote

31 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

As long as he doesn't impede the emergency efforts, try to ignore him. Serious issues put the man's tiresome drama in perspective. 

How are yr friends?