Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 1 Schedule/Predictions

53 posts in this topic

40B, you best hope Allegany drive a stake thru the chest of Dunbar and take out their heart for Week 3....just saying blast.  Wild hungry underdogs in front of 5,000 just doesn't sound good for City.  What you say 40B....  :o

I picked Dunbar in this one, city league will be tougher for them lol

On 8/27/2017 at 5:04 PM, DayWalker said:

Thomas Stone is reporting they play Saint Charles Friday, Sept 1 at 7pm

http://www.smacathletics.org/public/genie/561/school/11/

I conclude that Largo is playing Central, unknown location and date.  And I know the Suitland vs Great Mill game will be at Westlake on Saturday Sept 2 along with Randallstown vs DouglassPG, and Friendly vs Westlake.

Talking to some of my SMAC peeps last night, they are considering relocating the PG-SMAC Kickoff games featuring Suitland-Great Mills, DouglassPG-Randallstown, and Friendly- Westlake from Westlake to North Point High.  Westlake has a nice grass field and there is obvious concern of destroying the natural grass field week 1 with three games in heavy Harvey rain.

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Talking to some of my SMAC peeps last night, they are considering relocating the PG-SMAC Kickoff games featuring Suitland-Great Mills, DouglassPG-Randallstown, and Friendly- Westlake from Westlake to North Point High.  Westlake has a nice grass field and there is obvious concern of destroying the natural grass field week 1 with three games in heavy Harvey rain.

Heard that too

For what it is worth, the Calvert Hall JV team will play Dunbar's JV on Saturday at 3:00 at CHC.  So, if you want to sit in the rain for 6 hours you can see the present and future of several programs.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, George VII said:

For what it is worth, the Calvert Hall JV team will play Dunbar's JV on Saturday at 3:00 at CHC.  So, if you want to sit in the rain for 6 hours you can see the present and future of several programs.

I would cause I have, many many many times....Blistering heat, rain, snow, cold.  Makes no difference to a day walker vamp.  :P

Now 2014 Patuxent at Oakland Mill was about my limit of cold but I hung in there like the players to the bitter cold end.  But I cried like a lil beach in the car on the way home during the tips of finger thaw pain, OUCH!!!

Edited by DayWalker

5 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Just get an e-mail alert that the three-game set mentioned above will be at North Point High School in Waldorf MD.

Posted (edited)

A lot of interesting games this weekend. Here are some:

North Harford at Hereford - This could be the toughest game on Hereford's less than demanding 2017 schedule, as these two neighborhood rivals from bordering counties will meet in Week 1 for the seventh time since 2009.The contests have typically been physical and competitive, and this year's appears to be no different. In a low scoring battle, Hereford scores a late TD, then hits on a two-point conversion to come away with a hard-earned victory. Hereford-15, North Harford-14.

Arundel at Perry Hall - This game should be a shootout. Arundel has consistently been one of the highest scoring teams in the Baltimore metropolitan area, while Perry Hall's hopes for a win will be riding on the skills of talented QB Tyler Holley. In a battle that keeps the fans on the edge of their seats for the entire game, Arundel will have just enough to overcome the PH Gators. Arundel-35, Perry Hall-28.

Dunbar at Allegany - Dunbar journeys up to Cumberland for a first-time ever regular season clash against the Campers. Allegany will have a large home crowd supporting them, but that shouldn't bother Dunbar. Look for Allegany to utilize their ball-control offense to try to shorten the game and keep the Dunbar offense, led by stellar QB Jared Lewis, off the field as much as possible. But Allegany hasn't encountered a team with the speed and skill of Dunbar, and that will be the deciding factor in what should be an outstanding game. Dunbar-28, Allegany-23.

Lewis at New Town - I'm still not sold on Reggie Lewis. Last year, they feasted on weak regular season competition, then got rolled in the playoffs by an Edmondson team that went .500 during the regular season, but who played a much tougher schedule. New Town has been pretty solid in recent years, and should be significantly better than most of the teams Lewis will see for the remainder of the season. The New Town Titans hold off Lewis in a thriller. New Town-30, Lewis-26.

Also:

Loyola at Boys Latin

Gilman at Good Counsel

Dundalk at Calvert Hall

Overlea at Bel Air

Archbishop Curley at Linganore

And Last but not least....Walkersville at New Era

Edited by Operations

6 minutes ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

You all scrimmaged today?

Yes it was played like a game, it would have been our first game. 

My man.  I 👀 that high powered offense putting up quite a few points.  You can't keep ⛈   bottled up.  Things to prepare for come week 3.🤔  I digress, staying focused on the game at hand.  

9 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Just get an e-mail alert that the three-game set mentioned above will be at North Point High School in Waldorf MD.

Did they release times yet?

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

Did they release times yet?

Suitland-Great Mill noon

DouglassPG-Randallstown 3:30pm

Friendly-Westlake 7pm

$10 for one or all three games.

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Suitland-Great Mill noon

DouglassPG-Randallstown 3:30pm

Friendly-Westlake 7pm

$10 for one or all three games.

Gonna try and make it be very fun to see little Zac run the Wolverines

Didn't / doesn't a family Zacs run Westlake since early 2000s....

10 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Didn't / doesn't a family Zacs run Westlake since early 2000s....

Yes Doms son who was a player while I was there is now the Head Coach. Good kid.

Edited by OldBallCoach

6 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Yes Doms son who was a player while I was there is now the Head Coach. Good kid.

He will be going up against a coach at Friendly who was with Friendly when they terrorized the state with Joe Haden.  This is 2nd term at Friendly.  He was with McDonough who also won state against Middletown before Mid went on a back-to-back state run.

Is that Smith. We scrimmaged them every year at Westlake when Haden was there. Always a good test.

4 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

Is that Smith. We scrimmaged them every year at Westlake when Haden was there. Always a good test.

Yep, Coach Vaughn Smith.  Some coaches from Forestville when it closed joined Smith at Friendly and a couple others went to TC Williams.  The Forestville head coach went to Landon.

8 hours ago, city40blast said:

Yes it was played like a game, it would have been our first game. 

Wow, this late 40B, 24/48-hours before season opener!!!!!  Who did you game like scrimmage?

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Wow, this late 40B, 24/48-hours before season opener!!!!!  Who did you game like scrimmage?

Lake Clifton,it would have been week 1 game for both. 

Oh, so neither is opening "Week 1" and perhaps doing 9 games seasons.  So you can go get a good look at the Orleans g-unit tonight.  You slick sly fellow!!!  B)