Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMVfootballwizard

MIAA Football 2017

151 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

4th playoff team predictions? Gilman, CHC, MSJ?

Gilman should be the playoff team, and shouldn't be close. Their top end talent at the skills positions are second to only SFA in conference. They're looking like a team right now that is having some coaching issues. Because the kids look like they have done the work, so if they don't make the playoffs, it's squarely on the coaches shoulders.

If you watched the Gonzaga game, you didn't see a team that was outclassed, or lacking talent. You saw a team that, if they had a QB, would have been right in that game, and should have been winning. Great article about the game, even the Gonzaga coach says that the game could have gone a different way. http://marylandsportsaccess.com/2017/08/no-7-gonzaga-d-c-forces-six-turnovers-to-dismantle-no-14-gilman-38-0/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once they get on the board they will be fine. Its that monkey. The returners have had to endure a 122-6 ppint diffrential their last 3 games. Its like the end zone is kryptonite. Once they get in next week they'll be fine. Of course they can not turn the ball over 6 times, or give up 367 yards, or allow 7 yards a carry and get only 4 yards a carry, or get beat twice for 50+ pass plays. I think they should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madison & Dixon combined a 100 yards..not good for the best backs in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, themamba said:

Once they get on the board they will be fine. Its that monkey. The returners have had to endure a 122-6 ppint diffrential their last 3 games. Its like the end zone is kryptonite. Once they get in next week they'll be fine. Of course they can not turn the ball over 6 times, or give up 367 yards, or allow 7 yards a carry and get only 4 yards a carry, or get beat twice for 50+ pass plays. I think they should be fine.

Right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman should be the playoff team, and shouldn't be close. Their top end talent at the skills positions are second to only SFA in conference. They're looking like a team right now that is having some coaching issues. Because the kids look like they have done the work, so if they don't make the playoffs, it's squarely on the coaches shoulders.

If you watched the Gonzaga game, you didn't see a team that was outclassed, or lacking talent. You saw a team that, if they had a QB, would have been right in that game, and should have been winning. Great article about the game, even the Gonzaga coach says that the game could have gone a different way. http://marylandsportsaccess.com/2017/08/no-7-gonzaga-d-c-forces-six-turnovers-to-dismantle-no-14-gilman-38-0/

So u think Gilman will beat chc, Loyola, and msj?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, Blessed1 said:

Madison & Dixon combined a 100 yards..not good for the best backs in the league

They had 18 carries!! 18 carries for over 100 yards isn't good? In what world? Not to mention for a team that couldn't pass the ball! Against a team that loaded the box. All of their runs were YAC yards. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, city40blast said:

So u think Gilman will beat chc, Loyola, and msj?

Obviously injuries will factor in on all teams, as you see with James being out. All teams healthy, Gilman beats all three and should do easily. They blew Loyola out last year, was beating CHC by two TD's the whole game before blowing it, played MSJ tough. All three of those teams are down from what they were last year, MSJ lost their whole damn team and lost to Ryken! Gilman is much better than they were last year. So to answer your question, yes I think Gilman wins. Would you like to wager on it? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Obviously injuries will factor in on all teams, as you see with James being out. All teams healthy, Gilman beats all three and should do easily. They blew Loyola out last year, was beating CHC by two TD's thenehoke game before blowing it, played MSJ tough. All three of those teams are down from what they were last year, MSJ lost their whole damn team and lost to Ryken! Gilman is much better than they were last year. So to answer your question, yes I think Gilman wins. Would you like to wager on it? 

Your usual.....$10,000!!!  I'll take it.  B)

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Obviously injuries will factor in on all teams, as you see with James being out. All teams healthy, Gilman beats all three and should do easily. They blew Loyola out last year, was beating CHC by two TD's the whole game before blowing it, played MSJ tough. All three of those teams are down from what they were last year, MSJ lost their whole damn team and lost to Ryken! Gilman is much better than they were last year. So to answer your question, yes I think Gilman wins. Would you like to wager on it? 

Naw 😂😂😂🤦🏾‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They had 18 carries!! 18 carries for over 100 yards isn't good? In what world? Not to mention, not to mention for a team that couldn't pass the ball! Against a team that loaded the box. All of their runs were YAC yards. 

With Madison's proven talent and Dixon's future NFL HOF status, Gilman's backs should have had a SMU Pony Express-like game. Something more like 18 carries for 360 yards and 6 TDs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They had 18 carries!! 18 carries for over 100 yards isn't good? In what world? Not to mention for a team that couldn't pass the ball! Against a team that loaded the box. All of their runs were YAC yards. 

Not when you claiming they are the best in the Miaa..,40 yards from a senior...lets just say he's a good ball player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blessed1 said:

Not when you claiming they are the best in the Miaa..,40 yards from a senior...lets just say he's a good ball player

Madison was the best back in the league, LAST YEAR! He had what, 3 games over 200 yards rushing and probably 5 with over 300 total yards. His resume speaks for itself. Madison left the game FYI, didn't play a lot after the first quarter because of a leg injury. He started both ways, his backup was the one beat for the  long TD in the third quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

With Madison's proven talent and Dixon's future NFL HOF status, Gilman's backs should have had a SMU Pony Express-like game. Something more like 18 carries for 360 yards and 6 TDs.  

With as bad as their QB is, they will have to have those sort of games. But don't worry, they will against CHC! CHC isn't Gonzaga, don't have the defensive coaching or players. Those 10 yard runs that they had against a Gonzaga team, will be 50 and 60 yard runs against your boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

With as bad as their QB is, they will have to have those sort of games. But don't worry, they will against CHC! CHC isn't Gonzaga, don't have the defensive coaching or players. Those 10 yard runs that they had against a Gonzaga team, will be 50 and 60 yard runs against your boys. 

Just a small note, CHC basically has a new coaching staff.  Several additions. A few key holdovers.  They sorta remind of their HC's early staffs up on LaSalle Rd.  This coaching staff could be a wildcard you didn't expect.Saw them with my own two eyes against Silver Oak.  Thought I also saw a certain former Gilman player's father on the sideline's acting as a quasi-QB consultant, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

With Madison's proven talent and Dixon's future NFL HOF status, Gilman's backs should have had a SMU Pony Express-like game. Something more like 18 carries for 360 yards and 6 TDs.  

The DayWalker could really believe this if GA hadn't also said years ago that Purnell Hill would be one of the greatest QBs to ever come thru Gilman, but now he has soured on the player and wants him replaced by by by by.....who!!!!, not the backup I saw at the RBS bump????  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gu,

Whose #5, the RB on CHC's JV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHC  seems to me to have a lot of division one talent. I would think they would be pretty good this year. But I have not seen them play. Haven't seen Gilman either so I can't speak to them. MSJ  is just young they had some growing pains Saturday once they got people in the right spots midway through the third quarter the entire game changed. They went from down three scores to  driving for the winning field goal behind the freshman quarterback And sophomore RB. Had a chance to spend some time with Rich before the game. Told me they would be young and just take time to come together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Just a small note, CHC basically has a new coaching staff.  Several additions. A few key holdovers.  They sorta remind of their HC's early staffs up on LaSalle Rd.  This coaching staff could be a wildcard you didn't expect.Saw them with my own two eyes against Silver Oak.  Thought I also saw a certain former Gilman player's father on the sideline's acting as a quasi-QB consultant, lol!

But word is, you lost one of your best players to injury for the year. I know about your new staff, might be a factor. Gilman has a bunch of new coaches, the jury is out on them. Because right now, they look like shiit! Three times inside the red zone in the first half with first downs and you continue to run dumb plays, QB already had tuned ball over but you keep deciding to call plays for him? Get under center and run the ball with the backs that got you down there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Gu,

Whose #5, the RB on CHC's JV?

Don't know.  Those cheap bastards at CHC didn't provide rosters for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

CHC  seems to me to have a lot of division one talent. I would think they would be pretty good this year. But I have not seen them play. Haven't seen Gilman either so I can't speak to them. MSJ  is just young they had some growing pains Saturday once they got people in the right spots midway through the third quarter the entire game changed. They went from down three scores to  driving for the winning field goal behind the freshman quarterback And sophomore RB. Had a chance to spend some time with Rich before the game. Told me they would be young and just take time to come together.

CHC have kids with division 1 offers, I don't see the D1 talent. But you have to give kudos to Donald Davis for that. He gets kids into school.

MSJ is really young, really young. They lost too much to graduation and transfer. With James hurt, I think it's just a lot to overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

But word is, you lost one of your best players to injury for the year. I know about your new staff, might be a factor. Gilman has a bunch of new coaches, the jury is out on them. Because right now, they look like shiit! Three times inside the red zone in the first half with first downs and you continue to run dumb plays, QB already had tuned ball over but you keep deciding to call plays for him? Get under center and run the ball with the backs that got you down there. 

I don't know if they lost Wooden or Campbell.  Didn't look like either played but I didn't have a goddam roster!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I heard Wooden was hurt and out for a while if not the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Don't know.  Those cheap bastards at CHC didn't provide rosters for the game.

Keep an eye out for him.  He could be a nice bread and butter back for you in the future.  He is compact built and hits the hole fairly well.  However, I would like to see him finish plays with his shoulders down and going forward and not turning his back to push as if he lacks leg strength drive.  But he's JV and can develop but he needs to be coached to trash these bad habits.  #5, your JV RB --- just sayin' Gu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

CHC have kids with division 1 offers, I don't see the D1 talent. But you have to give kudos to Donald Davis for that. He gets kids into school.

MSJ is really young, really young. They lost too much to graduation and transfer. With James hurt, I think it's just a lot to overcome. 

Isaiah Watson & Caleb Biggers have multiple offers at the FBS level.  Reggie Sutton has committed to Rutgers.  Chance Campbell got major offers from the Terps & Duke.  They have talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0