Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMVfootballwizard

MIAA Football 2017

151 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Isaiah Watson & Caleb Biggers have multiple offers at the FBS level.  Reggie Sutton has committed to Rutgers.  Chance Campbell got major offers from the Terps & Duke.  They have talent.  

Honestly, only Campbell has ever impressed me. But I'm happy for the kids. 

I think all those teams are who we thought they'd be.  MSJ, CHC, Gilman are average programs that could all beat each other.  All have talent but MSJ definitely has youngest starting lineup.  I will say to keep an eye out for the sophomore RB from MSJ.  Marlowe Wax is real deal.  6' and 200lb back with very good speed and instincts.  Reminds me of Marshawn Lloyd but a touch slower.  Billy Atkins at QB proved he should be starting QB regardless of age.  3 LBs starting that are all underclassman. 200 lb+ kids with speed and aren't afraid to hit but lack IQ.  That will come with time.  Will be rebuilding year but do think this team will be much different in 4 weeks if they can stay healthy.  I think they match up better with CHC. MSJ has lots of talented senior receivers that can pick their defense apart.  I think Gilman skilled players will give MSJ young D fits as long as Gilman QB delivers.  Time will tell.  Overall MIAA has lots of talent and fun to watch.  Not all states and conferences have this.  We are fortunate as fans of the game.  Good luck to all these young men and hope to see less injuries as season moves on.

16 minutes ago, Bully said:

I think all those teams are who we thought they'd be.  MSJ, CHC, Gilman are average programs that could all beat each other.  All have talent but MSJ definitely has youngest starting lineup.  I will say to keep an eye out for the sophomore RB from MSJ.  Marlowe Wax is real deal.  6' and 200lb back with very good speed and instincts.  Reminds me of Marshawn Lloyd but a touch slower.  Billy Atkins at QB proved he should be starting QB regardless of age.  3 LBs starting that are all underclassman. 200 lb+ kids with speed and aren't afraid to hit but lack IQ.  That will come with time.  Will be rebuilding year but do think this team will be much different in 4 weeks if they can stay healthy.  I think they match up better with CHC. MSJ has lots of talented senior receivers that can pick their defense apart.  I think Gilman skilled players will give MSJ young D fits as long as Gilman QB delivers.  Time will tell.  Overall MIAA has lots of talent and fun to watch.  Not all states and conferences have this.  We are fortunate as fans of the game.  Good luck to all these young men and hope to see less injuries as season moves on.

I think CHC really is lacking. They have a good receiver in Cooper, lost too much in the backfield, serious QB questions as well. I agree with you, I think MSJ matches up well against them. 

Madison had over 300 yards receiving and rushing combined against MSJ last year and I believe 4 TD's. The line is much better this year, I think MSJ will have issues with he and Dixon, who is also a great receiver. 

But you're right, it's early. All MIAA teams are will be much better. Like I've said, the league really failed them this year with the timing of the start of practice. 

3 hours ago, Blessed1 said:

Madison & Dixon combined a 100 yards..not good for the best backs in the league

was at the game, I thaught the RB play was good... Dixon is a beast

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Honestly, only Campbell has ever impressed me. But I'm happy for the kids. 

You're rarely impressed with anybody not wearing blue & gray but overhype kids, some who are never heard from again.

3 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

You're rarely impressed with anybody not wearing blue & gray but overhype kids, some who are never heard from again.

No, I said that Campbell impressed me! He's a legit D1 player. And I like Cooper as well, those are guys on be team still that I really like. I like Wooden also, forgot about him! 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I think CHC really is lacking. They have a good receiver in Cooper, lost too much in the backfield, serious QB questions as well. I agree with you, I think MSJ matches up well against them. 

Madison had over 300 yards receiving and rushing combined against MSJ last year and I believe 4 TD's. The line is much better this year, I think MSJ will have issues with he and Dixon, who is also a great receiver. 

But you're right, it's early. All MIAA teams are will be much better. Like I've said, the league really failed them this year with the timing of the start of practice. 

I forgot that WR  Xavier Gravette (#4 last season) committed to Howard University.  I don't have a roster yet but Jordan McLaughlin (#21 last season) ran all over Gilman.  Think he's #6 this season.

Edited by TheGuru

Just now, TheGuru said:

I forgot that WR  Xavier Gravette (#4 last season) committed to Howard University.  I don't have a roster yet but Jordan McLaughlin (#5 last season) ran all over Gilman.  Think he's #6 this season.

Not sold on Gravette, Cooper is better IMO! Watson was the only back that really did anything against Gilman, and as bad as Gilman's interior line was, I think they did pretty well against him. 

23 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

was at the game, I thaught the RB play was good... Dixon is a beast

Welcome to the board. You can never have enough posters telling us how many 'beasts' litter the Gilman roster. Aside from Dixon's 36 yard run, what stood out about the other 8 carries for 25 yards? I love hearing good intel on the local 'beasts' and 'real deals'. 

6 minutes ago, themamba said:

...... I love hearing good intel on the local 'beasts' and 'real deals'. 

And don't forget the Roland Park Specials....

How can I? They have re-runs every day.

46 minutes ago, themamba said:

Welcome to the board. You can never have enough posters telling us how many 'beasts' litter the Gilman roster. Aside from Dixon's 36 yard run, what stood out about the other 8 carries for 25 yards? I love hearing good intel on the local 'beasts' and 'real deals'. 

had a couple impressive runs, also first game scene his freshman year. I'm sure he is just getting started

2 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

had a couple impressive runs, also first game scene his freshman year. I'm sure he is just getting started

Oh, ok. I saw Madison got close to the 5 yard a carry mark. Could have been a lot of 'beast mode' second effort to get that fourth and fifth yard. How 'bout the Eagles back that out-gained.both Madison and Dixon, and had over 100 yards on 11 carries, how'd he look?

12 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

You're new, ignore the trolls! If you feed them, they grow. Let them speak to themselves, they go back into their cubby hole after a while. You saw the game, no need to explain your opinion. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You're new, ignore the trolls! If you feed them, they grow. Let them speak to themselves, they go back into their cubby hole after a while. You saw the game, no need to explain your opinion. 

You still talking to yourself, eh, new handles that way? You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm just glad that you are always seconds away from defending every new poster that speaks so highly of Gilman. Thats like 15 times in 3 years you've been there to battle for them. Forget coincidence, thats just extraordinary.

Was it the second effort I spoke about that ruined your day, or something else?

Not sold on Gravette, Cooper is better IMO! Watson was the only back that really did anything against Gilman, and as bad as Gilman's interior line was, I think they did pretty well against him. 

GA, McLaughlin ran the ball down y'all throats in the second half.  I told you & McDaniel that McLaughlin ran like his son CJ.  Remember now?

6 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

GA, McLaughlin ran the ball down y'all throats in the second half.  I told you & McDaniel that McLaughlin ran like his son CJ.  Remember now?

I do remember it now! That game was a clear embarrrasment on Gilman's part, horrible. 

5 hours ago, Blessed1 said:

Ouch say it ain't so 

Ouch say it ain't so 

Ouch say it ain't so 

But GA, you didn't see the GlimanRiverdale Baptist scrimmage 'cept for "Hudl highlights" yet you explained it all to us in detail including a bogus score to account for your Gilman dominated slant...

1 hour ago, themamba said:

You still talking to yourself, eh, new handles that way? You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm just glad that you are always seconds away from defending every new poster that speaks so highly of Gilman. Thats like 15 times in 3 years you've been there to battle for them. Forget coincidence, thats just extraordinary.

Was it the second effort I spoke about that ruined your day, or something else?

NoHuddleNoMercy

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

NoHuddleNoMercy

Too many for me to have a favorite.

Evidently, as soon as someone on here mentioned the WCAC having a rough week, the MIAA told its counterpart to the South to "hold my beer".

Gilman got mollywhopped, again. MSJ comes up short to Ryken. Then, the McDonogh-Palotti fiasco. Both of them. Thank God for Silver Oak and Canada Prep.

Last week was a doozy. Things can only go up from here.